• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Prince Philip Has Died

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
I mentioned earlier about reading The Gown which is about the embroiderers of Elizabeth wedding gown. The royal wedding came at a time of rationing and privation and was uplifting for the nation. They donated their ration coupons for the wedding dress and were enthralled with Elizabeth handsome snd dashing fiancé

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I watched Prince Phillip's funeral service yesterday. It was sad to see the Queen sitting all alone, because of Covid social distancing. Having to restrict the attendees to so few people must have been very difficult. After 73 years of marriage, the Queen has lost her closest confidant. Kind of sad, all of it.

Dave

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
I watched Prince Phillip's funeral service yesterday. It was sad to see the Queen sitting all alone, because of Covid social distancing. Having to restrict the attendees to so few people must have been very difficult. After 73 years of marriage, the Queen has lost her closest confidant. Kind of sad, all of it.

Dave

Funerals are a really sad affair these days. Our Aunt had to stay in Canada for the funerals of her brother and sister this year. The one funeral we attended this year was limited to 30 people and only included the Church service.

Didn't see Prince Philips funeral. I bet there were more than 30 people attending.

Bill

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Funerals are a really sad affair these days. Our Aunt had to stay in Canada for the funerals of her brother and sister this year. The one funeral we attended this year was limited to 30 people and only included the Church service.

Didn't see Prince Philips funeral. I bet there were more than 30 people attending.

Bill
No, there were not more than 30 attending the service.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent

Bill

Here's one link from YouTube. There are others.

Dave

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Here's one link from YouTube. There are others.

Dave

Your link must have expired but I'm sure you are right that there are others.

Bill

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Your link must have expired but I'm sure you are right that there are others.

Bill

Bill, do you see this image?

Screen Shot 2021-04-18 at 7.15.42 PM.png

Click the underlined words that say "Watch this video on YouTube." It should open the video.

Dave

cman

TUG Member
Reaction score
One thing I can say about the British. They know how to "marry" people and how to "bury" people. There's something about the formality and pagentry that only the British can pull off. Even in the midst of a pandemic, they gave this man a wonderful farewell. He'd be proud of them.

Last edited:

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
No, there were not more than 30 attending the service.

It kind of looks like more than 30. Maybe it depends on who gets counted. For something like this I would expect alot more. I didn't watch the entire video and I haven't seen a Royal funeral excepts parts of Diane's. I remember Elton John singing Candles in the Wind with different words for Diane. It seemed like a way bigger funeral.

Bill

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
It kind of looks like more than 30. Maybe it depends on who gets counted. For something like this I would expect alot more. I didn't watch the entire video and I haven't seen a Royal funeral excepts parts of Diane's. I remember Elton John singing Candles in the Wind with different words for Diane. It seemed like a way bigger funeral.

Bill

Diana's funeral was enormous. The people you saw parading through this one weren't really attending. They were Honor Guard stuff. The family was seated in the side bleachers, and there weren't very many of them. In a non-Covid time, there would have been hundreds inside the chapel, and thousands on the street outside.

Dave

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates

Bill
This funeral was kept much smaller due to Covid. There have been articles posted listing the 30 people in attendance. The original plans would have been for a much larger service, but still nothing like Diana's.

I found it interesting that all of the royals plan out their own services in advance. When Diana died since she was no longer a member of the royal family she wasn't supposed to have such a lavish service, but the decision was made to use the Queen Mothers service since it had already been rehearsed.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Diana's funeral was enormous. The people you saw parading through this one weren't really attending. They were Honor Guard stuff. The family was seated in the side bleachers, and there weren't very many of them. In a non-Covid time, there would have been hundreds inside the chapel, and thousands on the street outside.

Dave

OMG Dave, you did not call them bleachers LOL, bloody yanks. :)

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
OMG Dave, you did not call them bleachers LOL, bloody yanks. :)

Sorry, I did. I searched for a word to use, and that was the best my head could think of. It seemed odd when I typed it. I'm not a churchgoer, so I don't know the right word. They aren't really pews, since they're elevated, or does that matter? Help me out - What are they called? :unsure:

Dave

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Sorry, I did. I searched for a word to use, and that was the best my head could think of. It seemed odd when I typed it. I'm not a churchgoer, so I don't know the right word. They aren't really pews, since they're elevated, or does that matter? Help me out - What are they called? :unsure:

Dave

Sorry, I had to chuckle...

That section of the chapel is called the Quire (Choir), with stalls for each Knight of the Garter. The Sovereign’s stall is the first one on the right, where HRH sat alone in a seat. There is so much history and symbolism in St George’s Chapel it does not do justice to call it just a church, its the monarchs private chapel. The Nave where the choir sang would normally have the pews. If you ever get to England a visit to Windsor is a must.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Sorry, I had to chuckle...

That section of the chapel is called the Quire (Choir), with stalls for each Knight of the Garter. The Sovereign’s stall is the first one on the right, where HRH sat alone in a seat. There is so much history and symbolism in St George’s Chapel it does not do justice to call it just a church, its the monarchs private chapel. The Nave where the choir sang would normally have the pews. If you ever get to England a visit to Windsor is a must.

No, you have every right to chuckle. I knew it wasn't the right word, but as I was typing along, I actually stopped, wondering, "What do they call those seats?" And bleachers is what my brain came up with. As I said, I'm not a churchgoer, so I just don't have that vocabulary to work from.

To be absolutely honest: The completely irreverent guy in me kept hearing Tom Lehrer's "The Vatican Rag" playing in my head. No disrespect intended to Prince Phillip or the Royal Family, I just have a really weird sense of humor. :ROFLMAO:

With apologies,
Dave