• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Prime Day [merged]

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
I noticed that Amazon Prime Day is on today. So far I'm in it for 10 Blink outdoor cameras on request of others who want to see more than a picture . I wasn't wanting to get these at first because I didn't feel like learning a new gadget. The game cameras I use are easy to use and require no subscription. I bet these Blink cameras probably do require something. It will be interesting.

Bill

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
Thus far, it seems to me this sale day has been much ado about nothing - but it may also be due to the fact that if we need it, we don't wait for a sale to get it......

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
DH got an air fryer and eccho dot (?) Me, I'm not even looking!
As Ariel in Disney said,
I've got gadgets and gizmos a plenty
I've got whozits and whatzits galore
You want thingamabobs? I've got twenty!
I've got all the gadgets and more!

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
About the only thing I have found today is a specific SoftSoap the wife likes but is no longer made by Colgate Palmolive.
The search continues....

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Sort of the same with me. I bought a couple of spare 4TB drives for my NAS. I had them in my cart a few days ago, but waited till today to buy because I had received a $10 Prime coupon.

Dave

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
You can buy a 23 and Me genetics testing kit for half price and see if you have any relatives you didn't know about. We have a niece in Ireland that was Rick's oldest brother's little secret. She is over 30, and Ronnie apparently had a relationship he shouldn't have had. These are secrets that are best kept secret.

I was hoping to find my half sisters and half brothers from my dad's side of the family, but no such luck. I know there are some little kids that I met 48 years ago. They may want nothing to do with me, or maybe they do and are just hard to find.

chellej

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I noticed that Amazon Prime Day is on today. So far I'm in it for 10 Blink outdoor cameras on request of others who want to see more than a picture . I wasn't wanting to get these at first because I didn't feel like learning a new gadget. The game cameras I use are easy to use and require no subscription. I bet these Blink cameras probably do require something. It will be interesting.

Bill

We have blink cameras and there is no subscription....just the cameras, the base and wifi.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Blink cameras were something I waited on until today. The 49% off and $10 echo show was a nice deal. Then I realized I needed another elastic type hose because I like how small they get and bought another 100 footer.

I think I need a hiking tent for the motorcycle and the $40 Coleman looks good. Maybe a sleeping pad too. I have these items but the family thinks they are for everyone so parts are often missing or broken. I had to buy a couple sleeping bags a while back because the good ones were elsewhere. I have the sleeping bags stashed.

Bill

linsj

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
I've been wanting a Kindle Paperwhite but delayed buying until today due to the price. Got it for $50 off.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We have blink cameras and there is no subscription....just the cameras, the base and wifi.

How do you like them ?

Bill

linsj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
Got a Kindle for $50 off. First time I've even bothered with Prime Day or any of the other special sales days.

emeryjre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Finding nothing special in Apple products as far as pricing goes.

Conan

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've been wanting a Kindle Paperwhite but delayed buying until today due to the price. Got it for $50 off.
Me too. I'm trading in my (very) old Kindle for $10 plus 20% off the new one.
The Paperwhite waterproof with no ads (I think the lockscreen will show the cover of the book I'm currently reading) and wi-fi only comes to $99 + sales tax -$10 - $20 for the trade in = $69 + tax

Plus about $22 for a waterproof cloth cover for it (buying the Amazon brand out of laziness I'm sure there are better equivalents for less money out there)

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

chellej

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
@easyrider , Blink has instituted subscriptions. See: https://www.amazon.com/b?node=21154643011
Blink owners who had installed/activated their system prior to the subscriptions are grandfathered and remain free.

I guess we were grandfathered....we really like them. Recorded our porch pirates and helped the cops find them. We have them installed at our offgrid cabin and it lets us keep track of things there and at home when we are at the cabin. The solar panels at the cabin keep things running most of the time...sometimes in the winter we can't access the cameras.

Saw this in the FAQS.. so do you HAVE to have a subscription?

2. Is a Blink Subscription Plan required to use my Blink cameras?

No. Your Blink Mini, new Indoor, and new Outdoor cameras are automatically equipped with essential features like live view, motion alerts, and two-way audio.

Bucky

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Oceanwatch (2)
Picked up a couple of new Ring stick up battery cameras and an Echo Show 5 that came with them. Also picked up a new Fire TV 4K stik as a spare and two additional Echo Dots newer model. Also picked up 4 full motion tv wall mounts. Was a busy morning.

Last edited:

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
2. Is a Blink Subscription Plan required to use my Blink cameras?
No. Your Blink Mini, new Indoor, and new Outdoor cameras are automatically equipped with essential features like live view, motion alerts, and two-way audio.
It appears that the free features do NOT include any recording capability. Only "live view." That sorta defeats the purpose, in my POV.

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Well, thank you, all ... you talked me into buying fresh replacements for my 2019 Prime Day Blink cameras. Most of my existing cameras have cracked lenses (from simple abuse) and were, of course, the older/original (?) model ... so snagging the updated unit seemed like a good idea. I added a couple of the indoor units as well.

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am trying to get rid of things in this house, don't allow my self to buy any thing.

wackymother

TUG Member
Reaction score
You can buy a 23 and Me genetics testing kit for half price and see if you have any relatives you didn't know about. We have a niece in Ireland that was Rick's oldest brother's little secret. She is over 30, and Ronnie apparently had a relationship he shouldn't have had. These are secrets that are best kept secret.

I was hoping to find my half sisters and half brothers from my dad's side of the family, but no such luck. I know there are some little kids that I met 48 years ago. They may want nothing to do with me, or maybe they do and are just hard to find.

If you're really hunting for someone, do an Ancestry test. Their database is much bigger. There are also a few sites where you can upload your DNA results for free--Gedmatch, FTDNA, and MyHeritage. There are a couple of others, too. Good luck!