• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Prime Day [merged]

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
You can buy a 23 and Me genetics testing kit for half price and see if you have any relatives you didn't know about. We have a niece in Ireland that was Rick's oldest brother's little secret. She is over 30, and Ronnie apparently had a relationship he shouldn't have had. These are secrets that are best kept secret.

I was hoping to find my half sisters and half brothers from my dad's side of the family, but no such luck. I know there are some little kids that I met 48 years ago. They may want nothing to do with me, or maybe they do and are just hard to find.

Be careful what you wish for. My younger brother did an Ancestry test several years ago to quiet my daughter, who is a fanatic about genealogy. When the test came back, we discovered (confirmed?) that my brother is not, in fact, my brother. We have the same Mother, but his father is not my father. Oops! Go Mom!! :D

Dave

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
;)
Got a Kindle for $50 off. First time I've even bothered with Prime Day or any of the other special sales days.
I also splurged and bought myself a new Kindle paper white!
I was toying with getting a Kindle, tho I rarely use my B&N tablet these days. Did you get the waterproof/water resistant one for $99?

Sounds like a 2 step process to get library books over to the Kindle. Have no idea how to do with the B&N reader, but haven't googled it yet, and don't want to spend hours figuring out that my library's format won't work with B&N reader.

linsj

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
I was toying with getting a Kindle, tho I rarely use my B&N tablet these days. Did you get the waterproof/water resistant one for $99?

I bought the $129.99 waterproof one for $79.99. That price was only good for several hours yesterday.

Conan

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
I see that my wife has added a few wardrobe items and ear pods to our prime day purchases. I added some Schick Hydro cartridge's a few hours ago. We added another 5 Blink camera with echo. 15 cameras seems like 14 too many to me. No deals on the Oculus Quest.

Walmart has a deal on Mobile 1 oil and Mobile filters and Mobile has a $50 rebate at $1 a quart. I did hit the $50.

Bill

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I bought the $129.99 waterproof one for $79.99. That price was only good for several hours yesterday.
I saw that one still available today.
However talking to DH and DS, I ordered a FireHD tablet and Bluetooth keyboard. Tablet is same price as the Kindle, but with screensaver ads. I can watch movies and do Zoom mtgs too.

joestein

TUG Member
Reaction score

I have the oasis and I love it. I used the kindle all time when I drove on the bus to/from work. I still use it a lot in the house.

The best thing about the oasis is the buttons. I can hold it in one hand and just push the button to turn the page. With the paperwhite kindle I had to use my other hand to turn the page. Sometimes I wouldn't touch the page right and do it a few times. Not a terrible inconvenience, but I really like the buttons on the oasis.

Joe

joestein

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just moved into our new home a few weeks ago and I bought ALOT. I think we spent around $700.

The biggest purchases were the Ring Security, Pool Cues and a cordless vac. Those 3 items were probably almost $500.

The Ring Security set was $349 and I hoped it would get reduced on Prime Day - it did to $199.

I certainly don't know anything about pool cues - especially from a variety of Chinese manufactures. But I rolled the dice.

I also purchased a Euerka Stylus cordless Vac - I saw it on the Tom's Guide Prime Day Blog. I wasn't planning on purchasing it, but it was $50 off plus a $15 coupon.

I also bought a lot of smaller items for the house like garage hooks, peg board hooks, pool lights, etc...

What I do is use Honey to track the price over time and see if the prime deal is really a deal. Regardless, these are all things I needed for the house anyway.

Joe

linsj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
I saw that one still available today.
However talking to DH and DS, I ordered a FireHD tablet and Bluetooth keyboard. Tablet is same price as the Kindle, but with screensaver ads. I can watch movies and do Zoom mtgs too.

I've been reading Kindle books on my Samsung tablet for years, but it's not good in bright sunlight. That's why I finally bought a Kindle. Plus the Android app has been getting more buggy with each update.

DebBrown

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
You can buy a 23 and Me genetics testing kit for half price and see if you have any relatives you didn't know about. We have a niece in Ireland that was Rick's oldest brother's little secret. She is over 30, and Ronnie apparently had a relationship he shouldn't have had. These are secrets that are best kept secret.

I was hoping to find my half sisters and half brothers from my dad's side of the family, but no such luck. I know there are some little kids that I met 48 years ago. They may want nothing to do with me, or maybe they do and are just hard to find.

I have some half-siblings that know nothing about me. I decided years ago not to mess up their lives with the knowledge of their father's indiscretions. Maybe they'd like a new sister? I don't know.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
I have some half-siblings that know nothing about me. I decided years ago not to mess up their lives with the knowledge of their father's indiscretions. Maybe they'd like a new sister? I don't know.

One on my relatives brother had his unknown daughter find him on facebook when she was 18. He never knew she existed over in Vancouver BC. He had a girlfriend for a few weeks while working on a commercial vessel in Canada. The girlfriend called his parents house and told his mom. No one told him and by the time he found out he was married with 3 kids, one of which is about the same age as this daughter.

I thought it would have been interesting if the son and the unknown daughter had met and while dating suddenly found out they were half siblings. A Joe Dirt moment for sure, lol.

Bill

wackymother

TUG Member
Reaction score
I thought it would have been interesting if the son and the unknown daughter had met and while dating suddenly found out they were half siblings. A Joe Dirt moment for sure, lol.

Unfortunately that's a very real concern for people who used sperm donors. They're finding out that some donors had ten, twenty, even forty or more children.

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I've been reading Kindle books on my Samsung tablet for years, but it's not good in bright sunlight. That's why I finally bought a Kindle. Plus the Android app has been getting more buggy with each update.
Yup my old B&N Nook tablet is the same in the sun. I'm hoping the Fire tablet is more anti-glare or I'll put a screen overlay on it. I might end up getting a Kindle at next year's Prime Day , hope not. But have less time to read books now, maybe when I retire...

Last year was my first Prime Day, and a lot of things caught my eye and I bought. This year, not much.

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent

Bill

Shades of Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia. :D

Dave

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Shades of Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia. :D

Dave

Okay…now you’ve got me thinking that if Luke and Leia didn’t know their true history and did get together…well, then we wouldn’t have had Death Star Planet and the galaxy would have probably been a more peaceful place. Of course I’m assuming that their offspring didn’t go off the deep end. So much for alternative reality long, long ago. Move along. Move along.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Okay…now you’ve got me thinking that if Luke and Leia didn’t know their true history and did get together…well, then we wouldn’t have had Death Star Planet and the galaxy would have probably been a more peaceful place. Of course I’m assuming that their offspring didn’t go off the deep end. So much for alternative reality long, long ago. Move along. Move along.

Not to mention that it would just have been... icky. LOL! :D

Dave