• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Just wanted to post here to give some a quick preview of one of the new pages we are creating within the marketplace to make it easier for folks to browse the thousands of active ads we have and find what they are looking for (as well as to result in much higher search result rankings in major search engines).

Here is a view of the new Timeshare Resales page: http://testing.tug2.com/timeshare-resales/

feel free to comment or provide feedback as you see fit (but please keep in mind that some links may generate errors as this is still technically a page in beta and on our testing site...but it uses current and accurate data from the marketplace)

hope you all enjoy!

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
The problem (for me, at least) is that I cannot tell what is actually for sale or rent without clicking open every ad.

If I am searching to buy a Westin Kierland unit, I only want to read ads for platinum season; I have no interest in opening 20 ads only to learn that 17 of them are for shoulder season or summer. If I am searching to rent WKORV, I only want to look at OF units for rent.

What would make the page much more functional for me would be a field that permits the seller/renter to insert some custom text that shows on the overall display page; the seller/renter could say "platinum", "island view deluxe", "37000 StarOptions", or whatever. I know the existing format permits the week to be described, but so many of the listings botch it (too many show 1-52, 01 - 01, etc, suggesting that is not sufficient or too complicated).

Barbs44

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau, MROP RCI Points, Winners Circle, Mountain Retreat, Carlsbad Seapointe, Welk Resort - Excondido
I would also appreciate a filter for unit size and to separate points and fixed weeks.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
The problem (for me, at least) is that I cannot tell what is actually for sale or rent without clicking open every ad.

If I am searching to buy a Westin Kierland unit, I only want to read ads for platinum season; I have no interest in opening 20 ads only to learn that 17 of them are for shoulder season or summer. If I am searching to rent WKORV, I only want to look at OF units for rent.

What would make the page much more functional for me would be a field that permits the seller/renter to insert some custom text that shows on the overall display page; the seller/renter could say "platinum", "island view deluxe", "37000 StarOptions", or whatever. I know the existing format permits the week to be described, but so many of the listings botch it (too many show 1-52, 01 - 01, etc, suggesting that is not sufficient or too complicated).

that could certainly be typed into the description and we could find a way to add the description to the preview ads.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
I would also appreciate a filter for unit size and to separate points and fixed weeks.

do you mean in the results?

the "advanced search" option allows you to input specific data like that to narrow your search results.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I put in a search for "key west" and got Sarasota, fort Myers, etc.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
on the testing site, many of the links may be inaccurate.

does the same result happen when using the advanced search on https://tug2.com/MarketplaceClassifiedBrowse.aspx

if so please let me know...as if its only not working on the testing side its likely just an error due to the difference in domain names and code on the testing page.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

another item on this, when searching for platinum weeks so I can come up with a better solution, are these not indicated by the week numbers on each ad? I am not familiar with Westin so im not sure how these are differentiated from regular weeks?

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Can we add a resale search for annual vs every other year.

I like the average maintenance fee and average rental price listed with each resort.
JMHO..I would skip the average resale prices.

For the Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas North it shows
Avg Maint Fee $2,013.91/yr
Avg Rental Price $2,746.99
Avg Resale Price $315,027.49

For the Hilton Grand Vacations Club - Grand Waikikian
Avg Maint Fee $1,500.83/yr
Avg Rental Price $2,401.38
Avg Resale Price $43,492.41

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
on the testing site, many of the links may be inaccurate.

does the same result happen when using the advanced search on https://tug2.com/MarketplaceClassifiedBrowse.aspx

if so please let me know...as if its only not working on the testing side its likely just an error due to the difference in domain names and code on the testing page.
Same thing does not happen. If I use only the keyword, old key west Resort shows up. If I then select area and location I then see all key west,fl resorts. New way different.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)

I use the advance search page - https://tug2.com/MarketplaceClassifiedBrowse.aspx
- type in the Kierland in the text box field under Resort Name and select Westin Kierland from the dropdown that appears as you type.
- select FOR SALE under Type of Listing
- select RED under Seasons

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Can we add a resale search for annual vs every other year.

I like the average maintenance fee and average rental price listed with each resort.
JMHO..I would skip the average resale prices.

For the Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas North it shows
Avg Maint Fee $2,013.91/yr
Avg Rental Price $2,746.99
Avg Resale Price $315,027.49

For the Hilton Grand Vacations Club - Grand Waikikian
Avg Maint Fee $1,500.83/yr
Avg Rental Price $2,401.38
Avg Resale Price $43,492.41

yea i think we are going to switch to a min/max field for these items...the "Average" just isnt very useful in the grand scheme of things other than a "well thats mildly interesting" bit of information.

ill see what we can do to add a filter for EOY

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
I use the advance search page - https://tug2.com/MarketplaceClassifiedBrowse.aspx
- type in the Kierland in the text box field under Resort Name and select Westin Kierland from the dropdown that appears as you type.

doing that brings me this result?

https://tug2.com/MarketplaceClassif... Kierland Villas&ForSale=True&SeasonRed=True&

can you paste the url link of the results page you are seeing?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Same thing does not happen. If I use only the keyword, old key west Resort shows up. If I then select area and location I then see all key west,fl resorts. New way different.
if it works in the current active/live page (just tug2.com), it should be fine. its likely just an issue with the testing site.

vacationtime1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
another item on this, when searching for platinum weeks so I can come up with a better solution, are these not indicated by the week numbers on each ad? I am not familiar with Westin so im not sure how these are differentiated from regular weeks?

Theoretically, yes. But if you look at the ads (for sale ads at Kierland is a good example here), a large percentage of the ads show nonexistent combinations (e.g. weeks 01 - 52 -- whereas Kierland has seasons). I realize that is user error, but when user error is so common, the platform should be adjusted.

Also, many weeks for sale show only one week number (e.g. 10 - 10). Is that the deeded week number or is it a fixed week?

Again, one line of editable text would help a lot. (It would also solve the eoy problem in post #9)

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Theoretically, yes. But if you look at the ads (for sale ads at Kierland is a good example here), a large percentage of the ads show nonexistent combinations (e.g. weeks 01 - 52 -- whereas Kierland has seasons). I realize that is user error, but when user error is so common, the platform should be adjusted.

Also, many weeks for sale show only one week number (e.g. 10 - 10). Is that the deeded week number or is it a fixed week?

Again, one line of editable text would help a lot. (It would also solve the eoy problem in post #9)

are there no ownerships that provide 1-52 floats at keirland? (honest question, i really dont know)

ive no problem and am in favor of adding the description line to the "smaller summary" of the ads themselves...the problem we run into there is folks might not put that information in the description line either =D

or do you mean add the season as another item in the summary section?

all ads even the summary part list if they are every year, or eoy, or eey, etc. its listed right next to the "for sale" icon

upload_2017-10-15_1-18-19.png

this is the sort of feedback that goes a long way into making new changes for the better of the community!

vacationtime1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)

Creative idea; I just tried it. Again, using Kierland.

The search result was one week 42 (edited to add: which Brian usefully and coincidentally pasted into his post immediately above as I was writing this post) which after clicked opened is described as February platinum (week 42 at Kierland is shoulder season; February is platinum). Again, user error, but how did someone botch it so badly?

Also, "red" is an Interval term, subject to interpretation and mis-interpretation. Vistana has clearly delineated seasons with its own (unfortunately changing colors: platinum plus, platinum, gold plus, gold, silver, etc.) which have specific meanings that are not currently supported by the platform.

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
ah...now i see what you mean...during the search it only says "red" and instead should say red/platinum/high

i think we can fix that easily enough.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
I think changing these 3 on the search box (as well as the ad posting section) to these items as well as changing it from Season to "Season | Demand" would go a long way to clearing this up:

Red/Platinum/High
White/Gold/Medium
Blue/Silver/Low

vacationtime1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
are there no ownerships that provide 1-52 floats at keirland? (honest question, i really dont know)

ive no problem and am in favor of adding the description line to the "smaller summary" of the ads themselves...the problem we run into there is folks might not put that information in the description line either =D

or do you mean add the season as another item in the summary section?

all ads even the summary part list if they are every year, or eoy, or eey, etc. its listed right next to the "for sale" icon

View attachment 4936

this is the sort of feedback that goes a long way into making new changes for the better of the community!

That is correct. Kierland has three seasons: platinum (or maybe platinum plus, Vistana changed the labels) which is 1-21 & 50-52; shoulder season (platinum? gold plus? again, Vistana confusion) which is 22-27 & 36-49; and low season (gold?) which is 28-35.

To add to that confusion, Sheraton Desert Oasis -- a nearby Vistana resort -- has two different types of units: some have the same seasons as Kierland and others float 1-52. Again, the confusion is Vistana nonsense, but a description line would permit the description "true platinum" for appropriate SDO units which is important.

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
ok...i think we can add the description line to the summary page (readable without having to expand every ad)...however there isnt really anything that would force owners to type those details into the description line even if it were displayed.

either way, its probably a useful addition to allow for easier browsing of marketplace ads.

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but seems weird:

I click the testing link.
Up at the top, I click: Timeshare Marketplace
Then on the pull-down click Timeshare rentals.
It takes me here:
http://testing.tug2.com/timeshare-rentals/

So far, so good.

It says: Timeshares for Rental
and in the search field I type:
Aruba

In the "drop-down" I click the first one:
All resorts in Caribbean, Aruba
and click:
View Ads

I would *expect* it to show me rentals only, since I was on the rental page to search.
Instead it gives me a list of everything (for sale, rental, etc.)

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
the rentals page is not completed, only the resales page.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
If I am searching to rent WKORV, I only want to look at OF units for rent.

I also like the idea of a unit type that was suggested earlier. I also look for ocean view and oceanfront.
Can we add a searchable field for some sort of "upgraded room type"? The values can be "oceanfront", "oceanview" and "other (penthouse, high floor, etc)".

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
i think we could perhaps add that to the "description description" to remind folks to put things like that in the description so it will show up even in the minimized ad summary listings so you can scroll thru them easily.

make it something like:

Description: Please include any specific details you would like to be displayed as the headline of your ad here, including special room types (such as oceanfront, or pool view etc), special event or holiday weeks, or any other interesting feature about your ad that you wish to use as the headline describing your interval.

this way folks will include much better descriptions to add valuable data for other owners to scan thru and locate what they seek?