• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Presidential Villas at Plantation Resort - not Wyndham owner - can they cancel my reservation?

jackio

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sand Pebbles, Sheraton Broadway Plantation, Hawaiian Sun Holidays
Today I received the following email from Wyndham, who has taken over the marketing for my resort but, I am told, does not own or manage the resort. I have a reservation for my owned unit (float time) for July 26th which was made 2 years ago.

Like many of you, I’ve spent the past few months staying home with family doing our part to stop the spread. When the day settles and we have the opportunity to connect, many of our conversations have been about the kids’ homework, what’s in the news, and the latest streaming series currently trending, we’ve also been dreaming about our next vacation. And, what vacations mean in this “new normal.”
Phased Resort Reopenings
Many communities across the country are beginning the process of reopening, taking a phased and diligent approach to resuming normal activities. We are too. Next week we’ll take the first step by welcoming owners back to resorts in Florida’s panhandle, Central Florida, and South Carolina. We’re limiting occupancy to ensure we’re able to facilitate social distancing and help owners limit the amount of queues and gatherings they encounter during their stay. In addition, amenities such as pools, spas, restaurants and bars, game rooms, activity centers, and business centers will be temporarily closed.

Due to these efforts, that means there are existing reservations we are unable to currently accommodate, even when resorts are beginning to reopen. In the initial phases of reopening, owner reservations are being prioritized over all other reservation types, including rental, exchange, and guest reservations. In instances where we must impact owner reservations, we’re preserving those reservations made most in advance. If you have an upcoming reservation planned, we’ll send you an email a few weeks prior to your check-in date with an update on your reservation status.

If your vacation is impacted, we're committed to helping you book a future vacation. You can tell us more about where you want to go next and we'll reach out to send you personalized suggestions for your next trip.

We know a lot of owner families haven’t been able to vacation as they had planned. In addition to doing everything possible to preserve owner reservations as we begin our phased reopening, we’re also continuing our Flexible Cancellation Policy through June 30, 2020, and we’ve made rule changes to help preserve your points for future vacations.

Can Wyndham cancel my reservation? I don't see how they can because I am not in their point system. According to this email, I am an owner and made my reservation very far in advance, so I will not be the first to go, but I am concerned that this will impact my vacation (air is bought and paid for, and it is a 3 BR unit with friends and family invited to join us).
I have been unable to get through to the resort for any input.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Wyndham shouldn't cancel your reservation. That wouldn't be okay. You don't own Wyndham points, and so you should be safe from their control. SC is opening things up. SBP even opened their pool a few days ago.

I have reservations for July 4th week that I made with Advance Reservation Priority in RCI because my units are in RCI Points. Mine are more likely to be cancelled than yours.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
I believe Wyndham is actually managing the resort as well now - they aren't just managing the sales and marketing components. Wyndham also owns units there - they've actively been converting Plantation owner weeks and points into Wyndham ownerships and have been placing the inventory obtained into CWA, I've been tracking this via the CWA POS documents over time in a spreadsheet (excerpt pasted below for reference). That said - if you're a Plantation owner - I would suspect your reservation should be safe - but if Wyndham is managing the resort - I would check to be sure.

1590075295493.png

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
.... I've been tracking this via the CWA POS documents over time in a spreadsheet ....

... seems kind of judgmental referring to CWA as POS; or does the acronym mean something I'm not thinking of...? ;)

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I believe Wyndham is actually managing the resort as well now - they aren't just managing the sales and marketing components. Wyndham also owns units there - they've actively been converting Plantation owner weeks and points into Wyndham ownerships and have been placing the inventory obtained into CWA, I've been tracking this via the CWA POS documents over time in a spreadsheet (excerpt pasted below for reference). That said - if you're a Plantation owner - I would suspect your reservation should be safe - but if Wyndham is managing the resort - I would check to be sure.

View attachment 21163
Presidential Villas keeps sending me letters that say Wyndham only manages the resort and nothing in our ownership has changed. That is what I am counting on .

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I think they can cancel your stay but are unlikely to do so. They are opening resorts and have a target of 30-50% occupancy for June and July. They are letting wyndham owners cancel and putting that inventory back in play. Then they are cancelling reservations with guest certificates first. Then it is first booked last cancelled. Since your reservation has been on the books for 24 months, you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

MaryBella7

TUG Member
Reaction score
... seems kind of judgmental referring to CWA as POS; or does the acronym mean something I'm not thinking of...? ;)

POS has several meanings besides the one you are thinking of. Most commonly Point Of Sale. I am guessing this one is Percentage of Sales.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
POS has several meanings besides the one you are thinking of. Most commonly Point Of Sale. I am guessing this one is Percentage of Sales.

Public Offering Statement - it’s the two inch book that contains detailed inventory accounting of all deeds held by the CWA trust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Public Offering Statement - it’s the two inch book that contains detailed inventory accounting of all deeds held by the CWA trust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That makes way more sense!