• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Premier Resorts Group

clbrown3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about this group and its affiliation with Scottsdale Camelback Resort? We got an email from the company saying they were representing the resort and offering to buy back our week as well as an additional week at another resort.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Does anyone know anything about this group and its affiliation with Scottsdale Camelback Resort? We got an email from the company saying they were representing the resort and offering to buy back our week as well as an additional week at another resort.
Is it costing you any money to give them back the deed? If so it’s a scam

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do you really think someone is going to call you out of the blue in today's market and offer to buy your TS?

George

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
We got an email from the company saying they were representing the resort and offering to buy back our week as well as an additional week at another resort.

I too am leaning towards calling this a scam. In the e-mail, what details did they give and know about you? For instance, did they address you by name or was it a generic "Dear, Owner"? Did they know exactly what you owned? And this "additional week at another resort", did they know the details about that one?

Besides, if the resort were really ready to buy back your week, why didn't the resort just call you itself rather than hire some questionable third party to represent it?

ChristyK

TUG Member
Reaction score
I need help. I'm at Scottsdale Camelback Resort and Premier Resorts Group claims it has a partnership with RCI to offer owners a way of converting ownership into membership with an exit opportunity every three years. Does anyone have experience with this? I've generally found the leadership here to be of high integrity and would be disappointed to find out that this is a scam. I tried to upload the one-page flyer but apparently is too large for the server to process.

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
Even if offer is legit (and that is questionable) you are not getting out. Rather you are being offered the opportunity to convert your Week into a membership with unknown terms, pay fees for 3 years and a future exit opportunity whose terms you know nothing about and which may never matreialize. So even if it is not a scam, I'd pass anyway...

George

BingoBangoBongo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Elara, Kings Land, Valdoro Mountain, the District
How much do they want for this "conversion"?

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
According to their website they partner with resorts with what looks like more profit opportunities (get more money from owners at sold out resorts). They do this by charging big bucks for a small amount of RCI points. Below are a couple of threads regarding Premier Resorts Group (they wanted $8700 according to the OP) and one on "RCI Pure Points Program" which Premier states they are the exclusive provider.

Exit offer from Premier Resorts, Fairfield Harbor | Timeshare Users Group Online Discussion Forums (tugbbs.com)

RCI Pure Points | Timeshare Users Group Online Discussion Forums (tugbbs.com)

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
they told me it would cost me $9,000 and they were my only hope. I walked away.
Well thank goodness you walked away. This is a scam and has been going on for decades now. We were invited at least ten years ago to a dinner by this company, and they wanted to take our timeshare and give us points at another timeshare, but there was a huge cost to it. Many people at Macaroni Grill were falling for it, unbelievably.