• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Preliminary data of Possible Covid 19 treatments or vaccines

BJRSanDiego

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
I recently had shot #2 for the shingles vaccine. The paperwork said that I had a 60% chance that I wouldn't be able to continue my usual activities for a few day due to fever, chills, aches and pains, sore arm, head ache, low energy, etc. I ended up with a fever, low energy, aches and pains. But after a day or two things improved.

So when I see that a much lower percentage of Covid vaccine side effects, that doesn't displease me.

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Johnson & Johnson Takes Big Step Forward With lts Vaccine Trial, has Potential to Be Single Shot.

Richard

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

PcflEZFlng

TUG Member
Reaction score

Ralph Sir Edward

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ten reasons why we got Covid-19 vaccines so quickly without 'cutting corners'

Richard

I have to disagree with the "without cutting corners". Corners were cut, but the cut corners weren't mentioned in the article. Examples:

No testing was listed for being able to transmit (or not being able to transmit) the virus, even if protected by the vaccine. That's the difference between "stamping out" an epidemic and letting it smoulder, pretty much unseen.

Totally new vaccine type was used, that has no evidence of long term effects, good, bad or indfferent. You can't look at other vaccine types, each mechanism can and will have different long term effects.

No knowledge of how long the vaccine protects.

No testing for what happens when a vaccinated person gets a different covid infection. Cross reactions, no cross reactions, severe immune response, ect.

I could go on, but I am not popular on this, as it is already. . .

x3 skier

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
I have to disagree with the "without cutting corners". Corners were cut, but the cut corners weren't mentioned in the article. Examples:

No testing was listed for being able to transmit (or not being able to transmit) the virus, even if protected by the vaccine. That's the difference between "stamping out" an epidemic and letting it smoulder, pretty much unseen.

Totally new vaccine type was used, that has no evidence of long term effects, good, bad or indfferent. You can't look at other vaccine types, each mechanism can and will have different long term effects.

No knowledge of how long the vaccine protects.

No testing for what happens when a vaccinated person gets a different covid infection. Cross reactions, no cross reactions, severe immune response, ect.

I could go on, but I am not popular on this, as it is already. . .

Are you going to get vaccinated against COVID-19?

Cheers

Ralph Sir Edward

TUG Member
Reaction score
Maybe, maybe not. I am waiting on the J&J results. It is much more of an "old school" vaccine. I will re-evaluate the m-RNA vaccines this summer. Until then, I'm staying in lock-down.

Laugh all you want. . . .

x3 skier

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
Maybe, maybe not. I am waiting on the J&J results. It is much more of an "old school" vaccine. I will re-evaluate the m-RNA vaccines this summer. Until then, I'm staying in lock-down.

Laugh all you want. . . .

Not laughing, just curious. Everyone has different risk assessments.

Cheers

Ralph Sir Edward

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not laughing, just curious. Everyone has different risk assessments.

Cheers

I guess it depends on your knowledge base. When I picked up my Micro/Molecular biology degree, all the profs included a research history of their specialties. In virology, teh prof had been on the Sabin development team, and talked about both the science and the politics behind the Polio vaccines. (She had BEEN there). The SV40 fiasco. Another prof explains how a researcher had gotten a Nobel Prize with a Waring blender (true!). The point of all the profs was to "rap the student's teeth" in the fact that you had to "think outside the box" on everything in Microbiology.

Maybe I learned the lessons too well. . .

And I first heard what was to become know as AIDS in 1977. . . . .

skimeup

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Inn at the Opera, Grand;view for RCI points - 196000 , Hyatt Carmel, Hyatt Sedona
There are some credible studies now that strongly suggest that the MMR vaccine "primes" the immune system to fight against COVID. In this paper:

the researchers indicate that the protection provided from the MMR vaccine is likely coming from the mumps portion, as the severity of symptoms was inversely proportional to the amount of mumps titer in the body. They looked at a selection of known (through lab tests) COVID survivors and selected those young enough to have received the MMRII (second gen) vaccine that was given starting in 1979. Compared them with folks over 57 who had received basically no MMR vaccine and found striking differences. (It didn't come into play in combination until 1971). Like the TB vaccine, they lean towards thinking that this could explain why the disease is far more devastating in the older population than the younger.

When I thought about it, it made sense to me to get that vaccine for two reasons. One - the possibility that this could confer some immunity while I (at 77) wait for the COVID vaccine to come my way. Secondly, I live in California where there is an active anti-vaxxer movement and thus kids now getting infected with measles who could pass that along to me. Protection against measles is a pretty sure thing. Protection against COVID is a strong possibility. We'll see....

Monykalyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
There are some credible studies now that strongly suggest that the MMR vaccine "primes" the immune system to fight against COVID. In this paper:

the researchers indicate that the protection provided from the MMR vaccine is likely coming from the mumps portion, as the severity of symptoms was inversely proportional to the amount of mumps titer in the body. They looked at a selection of known (through lab tests) COVID survivors and selected those young enough to have received the MMRII (second gen) vaccine that was given starting in 1979. Compared them with folks over 57 who had received basically no MMR vaccine and found striking differences. (It didn't come into play in combination until 1971). Like the TB vaccine, they lean towards thinking that this could explain why the disease is far more devastating in the older population than the younger.

When I thought about it, it made sense to me to get that vaccine for two reasons. One - the possibility that this could confer some immunity while I (at 77) wait for the COVID vaccine to come my way. Secondly, I live in California where there is an active anti-vaxxer movement and thus kids now getting infected with measles who could pass that along to me. Protection against measles is a pretty sure thing. Protection against COVID is a strong possibility. We'll see....
That is really interesting! I had titers checked with first pregnancy 20+ years ago-had to get the rubella part 2 x to get those titers up.
It is interesting finds like this that could have really really helped slow covid spread-while MMR vax isn't risk free (but what is?) it may have helped our nursing home population to survive by innoculating with MMR vax. We desperately need a formal way to share knowledge across systems for medical professionals to have faster access. It also makes me wonder if there is a way to look back on those who are younger but had severe disease/died from covid to see if they were fully vaccinated.
If I didn't know I had good titers (and definitely if living in CA right now) I'd think I'd probably be getting the MMR vax too!!

Ralph Sir Edward

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Oxford adenovirus based vaccine was approved in the UK. Estimated 100 million doses in the first quarter for the UK. We'll see how effective it actually is. (Dodgy testing protocol. . . )