• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Powell Place...San Francisco...6/22 tp 6/29...$800...one bedroom great location!

LAST MINUTE RENTAL POSTING LIMITS
You may offer or request weeks beginning no later than
June 2, 2024
Maximum asking price in public posts is $800/week or $115/day

johnfornal

Tug Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We have stayed here more than half a dozen times...every time the place and area have been first class. The old Victorian home is three stories high served by an elevator but the stairway itself is very easy to use. It displays the features of the home...plush carpets, brass light fixtures and moldings everywhere.

The units mirror that image with comfortable furniture in the living room and bedroom...a full kitchen has all the items we use at home. So take the cable car after buying a week pass for unlimited rides....a 10 minute ride down California takes you to Trader Joe's a treat in itself if you have never been.

We shop there every week in San Diego and today ate pasta and spinach Farfalle from France. Three cheeses and a cream sauce all for $2.29...oh and a glass of Malbec that was $3.99 for the bottle and quite drinkable.....The Italian Fusilli has small tomatoes, basil and cheeses as well. All other choices are yours to explore...wonderful food from all over the world.

The Powell street cable car stops a block away at California where the other cable car stops....so use the two cable cars lines to go from the Marina Wharf building and their ferries across the Bay to Oakland etc. or all the way to Fisherman's wharf and Fort Stockton Park. A single cable car ride is $8 one way....but for about $45 get a weekly ticket for unlimited rides which also cover most of the bus lines...Take the bus two blocks away to Golden Gate Park, a great place to walk and explore for all ages, it is about 35 minutes on the bus coming up from Chinatown, which is only six blocks away.
Union Square is about seven long blocks down the hill on Powell and we avoid it. The nearby theater district usually has half price tickets to taste the flavor of San Francisco at night and is the same seven blocks away... Between the two cable car and bus lines you can get to almost 75% of the best of the City, the Fillmore district, Pacific heights...ride right by the crooked street and five or six more ethic neighborhoods. The Intercontinental hotel and Nob Hill are two blocks away. So the area is very safe and you can choose you level of urban excitement.

If we get the unit we requested it is on the first floor, opens onto a brick patio and garden surrounded by walls of the neighbors, like Europe. Otherwise, I will adjust price for the one bedroom facing Powell...bring your ear buds and we use a Rain app to hide the street noise if we want to retire early...Very urban and second floor but not as quiet as the Nob Hill unit. http://www.powellplacesf.com/

Ask all questions you may have...Thanks

John

johnfornal

TUG Member
Reaction score
GETTING CLOSE...SO MAKE ANY OFFER...

I just learned the Cable cars are not running yet even though there was hope that they would start on June 15th....

Crazy Year...John

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I love this one. I think you could have rented it on go-koala.com but I am afraid I am being too repetitive with my constantly posting that. I just had great success with it, so I am sure you would have success. And not for a measly $800.

johnfornal

TUG Member
Reaction score
FREE WEEK......Why let it go to waste.....text me at 619.246.9660....John

LAST MINUTE RENTAL POSTING LIMITS
You may offer or request weeks beginning no later than
June 2, 2024
Maximum asking price in public posts is $800/week or $115/day