• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Posting Disney reantal other than ebay

levatino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Greetings,

Since ebay has transitioned my account over to managed payments (away from paypal), I cannot post a travel lodging postings, in particular a Disney rental on ebay. Any recommendations on where else might be good to get to the public, other than TUG?

Thank you all!

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I suspect you are looking for 100% payment upfront instead of a situation where the rental payment is held in escrow at least until checkin?

If so, it seems the options are becoming fewer and fewer. You could try Craiglist. Redweek (not full service) and TUG Marketplace may be the only other options.

levatino

TUG Member
Reaction score
I can do escrow, I think. Who does that?

Hobokie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Elara (HGVC) + Worldmark
Greetings,

Since ebay has transitioned my account over to managed payments (away from paypal), I cannot post a travel lodging postings, in particular a Disney rental on ebay. Any recommendations on where else might be good to get to the public, other than TUG?

Thank you all!
I am an Ebay seller (used to be anyway) and have seen the email notifications about this. Is this an optional transition? If you can’t post rentals anymore then who can? (On eBay, I mean). This is surprising!

Bailey#1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC SSR BWV, Avenue Plaza, Redington Ambassador
Best place is disboards . Com in their rental forum.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I can do escrow, I think. Who does that?
This is what Redweek Full Service is like. Koala is similar. They take in the payment and pay out to the owner after the renter checks in. I guess I don't understand what eBay managed payments are and why you can't use it?

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
What’s the best way to rent DVC points? A friend is looking for spring break

JulieAB

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lifetime in Hawaii, Disney's Grand Californian
I rented on redweek super fast a couple years ago. I got upfront payment, not escrow.

Deb & Bill

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - OKW, Sold BRV; Used to own Charter Club Marco Island
What’s the best way to rent DVC points? A friend is looking for spring break
MIght try some of the brokers who have reservations out the whazoo for cheaper prices. No cancellation, no refunds, but might be possible. Just search for DVC Brokers.

TheHolleys87

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
MIght try some of the brokers who have reservations out the whazoo for cheaper prices. No cancellation, no refunds, but might be possible. Just search for DVC Brokers.
I second this. The brokers have many listings which are confirmed reservations made by renters who no longer want to go and are hoping to recoup a few of their non refundable dollars by subletting the reservation. FYI I did look at one broker’s listings, and almost all of them were studios, very few larger villas. But it’s definitely worth a look - the closer the checkin date, the lower the cost in most cases.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Don't the brokers also just broker in points and not reservations? So someone has x# of AKV points to rent and someone calls up wanting to go to AKV, the broker goes through who has what will work best and asks them to make a reservation? Is that not how most people rent out their points through brokers? I didn't think they made reservations first.

PcflEZFlng

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think that's pretty much the case, but exactly how they do it probably depends on the broker. When I owned at BCV, I had 200 points to rent in 2018. So I went online to one of the brokers, where they had a list of requests from people who wanted to rent at each resort with dates and the number of points involved. I chose the one to whom I wanted to rent, and then made the DVC reservation with the broker acting as the go-between. So basically, there was already someone lined up at the other end (and committed with a non-refundable deposit), and only then did I make the reservation once the broker confirmed the dates requested were still available. The company I worked with was The DVC Rental Store.

TheHolleys87

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
Don't the brokers also just broker in points and not reservations? So someone has x# of AKV points to rent and someone calls up wanting to go to AKV, the broker goes through who has what will work best and asks them to make a reservation? Is that not how most people rent out their points through brokers? I didn't think they made reservations first.
That’s how it went pre-COVID-19. Currently if a renter has a confirmed reservation booked the way you describe but doesn’t want to go (or can’t go due to travel restrictions), the broker may offer to rent that confirmed reservation and share the proceeds with the renter, so they don’t lose the entire amount they paid. The broker also pays the owner some amount - $2-3 a point? Not sure - to change the names on the reservation, which involves contacting Member Services and possibly a lengthy time on hold. The reservation usually rents for much less per point than the original renter paid, with the price often going down as the checkin date approaches. That’s why you can find some amazing bargains near last minute on the rental brokers’ sites - the original renter may have paid $19 pp and it’s going for $10-12 pp.