• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Post your whackiest stress-reducing or diversion activities

geekette

Reaction score
Today I am starting work on a tiger print ladies' waist coat with (tux) tails. I am out of mask-appropriate material and can't afford to restock, so did what I could on that and need something else to occupy hands and mind.

I haven't completely figured out what size lady this is for, except that she is probably tall. I will be enlisting my silent partner, Stella, in this effort, making her bigger and smaller in various places to determine where the boundaries are on stripes looking good on body shape. I have not free-formed something like this before so will probably do a muslin prototype first to see how Stella looks in it, taller and shorter, broader and narrower, and to figure out how to make my mind-vision of the tux tails a reality. I think that I could make it to be a wide-hip concealer if I can be clever in the dimensions and good side placement of tail piece. I am not sure I can be that clever, this is not working from home on something that I already know how to do...

I think the collar is black velvet. Cuffs might be black fur, not sure. I might have the "outline" of tux tails in black velvet. The nice thing about not going out is that I will not compel myself to add fringe; I can go overboard. I would love to make orange lining but not sure I have enough or in right shade. Lining is afterthought as I know I have enough black for that.

I am not a clothing designer. I just have a vision and motivation and need to distract myself from news I just can't tolerate today. I won't be able to sell this piece for an unknown number of months but it will be one more sale-ready piece whenever I can again set up a rack at the community center. I make what I want to make, the pieces end up finding their owners eventually.

Anyone else doing whacky stuff? Or have ideas for my whacky stuff??

MrockStar

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I will work on my club Carporto ideas and post them here on TUG.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Last night, we watched "Contagion" (2011) [Matt Damon, Kate Winslet, Jude Law & Gwyneth Paltrow].
... Becuz we can't get enuff of this R/L stuff.
... We actually bought the DVD a few years ago.

Last edited:

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
My husband and I are trying (and the effort has to hilarious to watch) one of those tiktok dances. I wanted to impress my kids and make them laugh but it's harder than I thought. I feel like we will have it down by the end of the quarantine.