• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Post your...I'm still traveling in March here

Chrispee

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I held out until the last minute (yesterday, 48 hours prior to departure) on a Caribbean cruise we had booked departing this Sunday. Unfortunately we were past final payment when Covid-19 became a concern so we are left with a giant gift certificate from a company that may be bankrupt in 3 months. As Canadian citizens we are now required to self-quarantine for 14 days if we leave the country, so travel in March is out the window!

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Cliff wants to cancel Palm Springs April 5-9. I'm still holding out for San Jacinto Cake and cabbage rolls and brisket at Sherman's Deli. We have always been in the situation of having used all of next year's Worldmark points by this time of year, but right now we have 2/3 of this year's points left. We are past the cancellation date, but I'll call and use the virus excuse if it turns out in three weeks we should stay home. Don't care if they give me my points back or not since we are running such an "excess". I would like to be able to do Sedona-Santa Fe-Scottsdale last week of April/first week of May.

moonstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)
The only place we'll be travelling to is home from our winter in Belize -hopefully! There are no confirmed cases here yet but I wouldn't be surprised to see that change by our departure date, March.29th. We are taking a taxi up to Chetumal Mexico and flying from there via Mexico City to Toronto. We will self quarantine at home due to the multiple airports we will travel through. Our DD will stock up our fridge with fresh fruit, vegies and milk and make sure we have enough canned and frozen food to do us for 2 weeks before we arrive home. Of course now our 3 kids are really arguing over who has to go to the airport and pick us up. We don't want to take public transit home which would take about 3 or 4 hours and expose us to many people, and them to us, assuming its still running.

~Diane

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm planning to fly Palm Springs to San Francisco in two weeks, barring any unforeseen circumstances. Commitment to watch dogs for my grand-daughter while she and beau (Erik)take trip to Kauai with friends.

This morning learned Erik may have been exposed. He is EMT in San Jose.

Also, a note from my daughter telling me NOT to plan on visiting her and my two grandsons if I am planning to fly there. Oh my.

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree, Diamond (bought by Hilton), Shell (bought by Wyndham), Sheraton (bought by Marriott), Palace Resorts, a few independants
Yup. In the middle of my 5 month trip in my timeshares. Leaving Kauai tomorrow for Phoenix.

Sent from my SM-A505G using Tapatalk

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
Big Island next week for two days but nothing after that until allowed.

JeffC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Mauna Loa Village, Sweetwater at Kauai, Club La Costa
Going to Vermont 3/21. Worried more about the snow than the virus.

CanuckTravlr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Ocean 22
Nope. Not us. May do some more local travelling this spring and summer (road trips only). We have already postponed plans to fly to Vancouver this summer to visit relatives. We will not book until things become more clear as to whether the rate of spread of the Covid-19 coronavirus has been successful, particularly since one of my cousins has a weak immune system already.

Our next international travels are not until Florida in early December 2020 and St. Martin in the Caribbean in mid-January 2021. Both can and will be cancelled by the end of October if things don't improve significantly. We love to travel, but it is a "want", not a "need". Certainly not worth jeopardizing our health, or potentially even our lives, just to "go somewhere". Definitely not panicking, just being prudent and following the recommendations of the Canadian federal Minister of Health and the head of the Public Health Agency of Canada.

Tacoma

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We are still heading to Sun Peaks Ski resort near Kamloops BC next Saturday. It is more of a local ski area that should not have a lot of international visitors. Since our transport minister has banned large cruise ships in Canada until July 1st I am assuming that Celebrity Cruises will have to give us a refund and not just a voucher for the trip we had planned for early June up to Alaska. We have a lot of other pieces of the puzzle booked and it is unlikely we will get all of our money back but that is life. Other than that in August we have a driving trip to Kelowna, one of the San Yuan islands and Vancouver, and I go to Halifax for Canadian thanksgiving. The last 2 trips will hopefully be fine.

Bill4728

Reaction score
For someone in the great Seattle area, you'd think we were worried about traveling

BUT NO we're in Hilton Head for 10 days then back home to the Tacoma area.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
We left for Maui end of February and are returning home tomorrow.

mark201235

TUG Member
Reaction score
Enjoying last day in Cabo, flying home to PA tomorrow (our 3/7/20 Mexican Riviera cruise from LA cancelled by Princess Cruises after sitting at cruise port all day last Saturday) It’s been a great week here though !

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I killed travel to Palm Springs the first week of April

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Canceled 4 weeks in Southwest Florida that was supposed to start this week. Canceled my Maine vacation in May that was supposed to be in May. I lost my desire to go To Maine. I am hoping to go to Blowing Rock, NC in June.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
For someone in the great Seattle area, you'd think we were worried about traveling

BUT NO we're in Hilton Head for 10 days then back home to the Tacoma area.

No the area where you are visiting should be worried you are coming from Seattle.

As for me I will be traveling to my beach house about 20 minutes away and camping two hours a way at a very private beach lot. Possibly a few trips into the big city to get my apartment rented. Bad timing.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I asked this question because I still desire to go somewhere. I was curious as to what you are all doing. So far we are 2 for 2 with cancellations during this time period. Disneyland and Disney cruise. Then Disneyworld.

Dinner conversation tonight was about ideas, here is what we concluded.
1. the next 2 weeks with us all home is going to be miserable and tremendously boring for the kiddo since DH and I would end up working.
2. If we avoid crowded places, it should be no worse than being at home with our normal day to day.
3. Safest thing is to drive to a vacation. But, ugh...New England at the end of March.
4. We all want warmth., but that would mean flying. Carolinas, Florida maybe.

We all decided we wanted to do something, but wherever we go take the same precautions as home. The only true difference would be the plane ride. And of course that dumn a$$ Jet Blue passenger in the news today is on my mind.

dmbrand

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harbor Ridge(3)
Coral Sands-Cayman
In Montgomery, AL now. Headed for Gulf Shores tomorrow. Children and grandkids meeting us there. We are driving with all the “stuff.” They are flying....or prepared to drive if flights get cancelled.

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
We're still planning on going to Phoenix and Sedona at the end of March.
DH is wary there will be flight cancellations.
Not really planning on doing much there except read books and hike.
Should be able to keep social distance most of the time.
Friends who were to meet us there haven't decided yet.
They were concerned about eating out, presumably because restaurant workers don't usually get sick time.

We've been working from home on orders/recommendation from our employers.
Will be kinda stir crazy by end of month; and we work much longer hours at home than when we commute to workplace :unsure: But fortunate to have the option.

mentalbreak

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were in the middle our 4-hour drive to fly out the next day when Disney World announced their 3/16 closure.

It wasn’t the theme park closing (we were not planning on any parks), but the wording that the hotels would remain open “until further notice” that tipped the scales to cancelling for us.

At this point we received refunds for all travel expenses and are only out the cost of the round-trip journey to/from the resort for our golf clubs via ship sticks. Pretty amazing.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Cancelled our 5 nights in Scottsdale, AZ in March, cancelled 12 nights in Oahu in April to May, cancelled 2 cruises in April and May, transpacific from Sydney to Honolulu and Honolulu to Vancouver, BC. Cancelled our August Whistler, BC trip.

2 trips still on our books in September, to Newport Coast, CA and Southern Utah. Still planning on booking 15 nights in Rancho Mirage, CA over Thanksgiving period.