• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Post the POSITIVE news about Coronavirus here

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just a couple

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't know if this has been mentioned but how has this affected TS sales people? Since leisure travel is now limited, there are fewer sales opportunities for these sales people.
Maybe, TS sales staff and telemarketers staff have been reduced by 99.99% ,LOL :ROFLMAO::clap::wave:

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
We have been doing take out for dinner at least once a week. We have been trying restaurants we hadn't eaten at in the past. So it's opening up a whole new world for us. Tonight burgers and fries from Shake Foundation.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Cleaning lots of closets. I have the energy I haven't had in the past, and I definitely have time to clean. It's been quite fun, but our recycle bins and trash cans are filling up. I am getting rid of big clothes, too. I am 22 pounds from my goal and the big clothes are just too big. It's been a blast. My closet is full of smaller clothes.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
As the joke goes, I found that not having the time, was not the reason I haven't cleaned out my closet.

OTOH. we got our stimulus $$ and xferred it to our online savings (subject to draws).

Maple_Leaf

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Dunes
Hapimag
Good news for China. The WHO says it's OK to reopen the live animal markets in Wuhan since they are a vital source of food.

Last edited:

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
The good news , I have more cash in my wallet, because I am not going to Lowe's or Home Depot at 6:30 in the morning. But I do miss having that cup of coffee and breakfast at Crackle Barrel

Last edited:

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Speaking of which, I haven't received any phone calls from the travel clubs and agencies lately.
You're lucky. Now that we are working from home, we get at least 2 junk calls a day, sometimes many more. Many are travel related, and then there are the car warranty and fraternal order of police calls that tend to repeat.

Kurt

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
You're lucky. Now that we are working from home, we get at least 2 junk calls a day, sometimes many more. Many are travel related, and then there are the car warranty and fraternal order of police calls that tend to repeat.

Kurt
We are getting junk calls. I have no idea what they're for since I never answer any of them.

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have a lot more money since we are home all the time and not travelling. Getting a lot of projects done around the house. Enjoyable really.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
We have a lot more money since we are home all the time and not travelling. Getting a lot of projects done around the house. Enjoyable really.
Yes it is. My hubby is sleepy today, so I am trying to be quiet so he can nap.

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has this been mentioned anywhere? Is it possible that we will see a reduction in MFs next year? Since operating expenses went down significantly this year (I imagine), that should be reflected in next year's MF bills. Or might the resorts and HOAs be seeing things differently?

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Has this been mentioned anywhere? Is it possible that we will see a reduction in MFs next year? Since operating expenses went down significantly this year (I imagine), that should be reflected in next year's MF bills. Or might the resorts and HOAs be seeing things differently?
This was discussed in another thread a few weeks ago, I believe. There are many variables, such as if the resorts are continuing to pay their staff or if they laid them off. But someone brought up what I considered a very good point: while the resorts may have less expenses during this shutdown, that may be offset by the loss of revenue they get from onsite restaurants, bars, stores, etc. plus the loss of rental income, as most timeshares rent out the inventory they own.

Kurt

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
DH and I give each other daily neck & shoulder rubs while working from home :D
We're cooking a lot more.
I re-discovered sewing by making masks for DD to use at work, and cleaned out my sewing closet which I hadn't touched in almost 15 years :oops: