• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Post 6/10 Resale Week Owners - Enrolling - Yes or N

Are you enrolling Weeks per the Promotion announced Aug '15?

• Total voters

AlmostRetired

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grande Ocean Platinum, 2 x Grand Chateau 3 Bedroom (annual, EOY Odd)
I embedded this question inside another thread and thought it would of interest standing alone. If you have a post 2010 resale...

How many weeks could you enroll?

Are you going to enroll? (yes, no, still thinking about it)

If Yes How many?

I have 1 week post 6/10 resale and I will not be enrolling it.

A Yes/No/Other poll has been added to this thread (limited because too many options would make a mess.) If eligible for the promotion please feel free to vote and/or post your explanation to the thread. The poll is public so others will be able to see how you voted. <-- SueDonJ

Last edited by a moderator:

jont

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enrolled in Marriott DC/
MOW /MGC /MCV/MGO / Trust Points
1 week......no

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
7 weeks that I can enroll

Yes I am enrolling

Purchased 3500 to enroll 2 weeks

Last edited:

CashEddie

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have EOY in Vegas and an annual week at HHI. Not enrolling. I'm already in the points program and can rent whatever points I need when I need them.

NTP66

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Maui Ocean Club (x2)
1 week, and no.

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I voted Other, as I have 2x Phuket Beach Club weeks (1x Developer and 1x Resale) that I would like to enrol, but Asia Pacific is always in the Other category and treated differently.
I still hope to be able to add those to my original enrollment in the same way I was able to do with my European weeks when they first became eligible for inclusion.
I have since bought another European Resale week, which I wouldn't be willing to pay more than a nominal amount to enrol, but I am OK with that as we expect to stay there every year.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
1 week - no.

Our week is a low point value week - 2,150 points (although our maintenance fees are't substantially lower, lol)- currently we can do much better with Interval and since we own other non-Marriott properties we have to pay for an Interval account anyway. We are off season travelers - I might feel differently if we needed high season weeks.

Pens_Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
1 week and no.

wyannuzzi

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Cypress Harbour ;

Marriott Grande Vista 3 bedroom EOY
2 weeks and no

CCR

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
NCV, Worldmark
2 EOY weeks....Not planning to enroll... $20,000-$25,00 is way too expensive for me. Not sure how they'd treat two EOY, probably as one week, but possibly would require the higher purchase to enroll 2 weeks.

I can rent many nice trips for that price range. Trading in Interval with my Park City has been great and I plan to use my Newport week.

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau
1 week - no.

Our week is a low point value week - 2,150 points (although our maintenance fees are't substantially lower, lol)- currently we can do much better with Interval and since we own other non-Marriott properties we have to pay for an Interval account anyway. We are off season travelers - I might feel differently if we needed high season weeks.
I certainly am not trying to change your mind, but I did want to say that I feel the DC program is MOST valuable for those who like to travel in the off season to resorts they do not own (like my wife and I do).

DCBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
I own 3 resale weeks and am in the process of closing on a 4th. Probably won't buy into the points system because it would cost me tens of thousands of dollars more than the total cost of all of my weeks. I also couldn't include my new week in the system. Overall, it just doesn't look like a good use of my money given my predicament and current use and trading options.

darius

TUG Member
Reaction score
We decided to enroll two weeks, which have a value of almost 11,000 DC points. We initially purchased 3500 points, but then decided to buy a few more to bring us to 15,000 DC points and grant Chairman level.

We took the 20% discount on the pricing that was available up until 9/9 and are looking forward to fully utilize our membership now.

After carefully reviewing this "opportunity", and for someone who has high point weeks purchased after 6/20/10 for us it makes sense.

krj9999

TUG Member
Reaction score
1 week and no, not enrolling. Way too costly.

I'd likely buy a HGVC resale week if I were to spend any significant amount of money for a points program among the major brands; and that would still be much much lower cost.

Last edited:

rovitm

TUG Member
Reaction score
1 week and no, not enrolling. Way too costly.

I'd likely buy a HGVC resale week if I were to spend any significant amount of money for a points program among the major brands; and that would still be much much lower cost.

I have one EOY pre 2010 week that I already enrolled. I've been thinking about purchasing another Marriott resale week, but lately I have been doing research on HGVC and I am starting to really like how flexible the system it is and how it treats its resale owners.

herillc

TUG Member
Reaction score
6 weeks I can enroll, but "NO".
All my weeks are platinum (plus) and I do not need DC points to book.

DavidBr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Timber Lodge
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Aruba Ocean Club
Marriott Cypress Harbor
I have two post 6/10 resale platinum weeks and decided not to enroll them. I'm already enrolled through a developer-sold week, and don't want to own any more points (although I may rent some). Some may disagree, but I still see better value in additional weeks than by enrolling and buying more trust points.

JIMinNC

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
I too voted "Other". I don't have a post-2010 week to enroll, but if I did, I'm pretty sure I would do it. It's the cheapest way I've seen to get a bunch of points.

jont

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enrolled in Marriott DC/
MOW /MGC /MCV/MGO / Trust Points
Some may disagree, but I still see better value in additional weeks than by enrolling and buying more trust points.

I happen to agree with you 100%. If i had a spare 25-30 grand lying around, which i dont btw thanks to the cash drains, i would rather buy a couple of weeks in south carolina.

Last edited:

PassionForTravel

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
No, while I would like to be in the DC I just don't see it ever happening with these kinds of deals. I only have one eoy week that has been pretty good in II. If I want short stays I'll use HGVC or Worldmark. For 25k I could get a lot more with the other systems or buying more Marriott weeks.

Ian

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We are already thinking if we like Ko Olina, which we are visiting in Dec using 2 II exchanges, we will buy a unit there instead of spending money on DC points. We like the idea of being in Destination Club but the cost is too high to participate in it, plus with the skimming in place, it is better to buy where you want to go instead of using DC to book.

disneymom1

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Ocean, Marriott Surfwatch, Marriott Manor Club Sequel
I happen to agree with you 100%. If i had a spare 25-30 grand lying around, which i dont btw thanks to the cash drains, i would rather buy a couple of weeks in south carolina.

Some may disagree, but I still see better value in additional weeks than by enrolling and buying more trust points.

We own 2 platinum resale weeks - Surfwatch and Manor Club. We bought Surfwatch for our annual summer vacation. We have been very happy with our trades or use of Manor Club. Platinum weeks may get a lot of points but to travel in platinum season for 1 week with DC costs EVEN MORE DC POINTS!! If we were looking to spend $35+K plus another $1800 per year in maintenance fees, we think our money would be better spent buying another platinum week for far less $$$.

Maybe in the future, Marriott will eventually offer a better deal.

Last edited by a moderator: