• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Possible scam...has anyone heard of resorttransfergroupsales, apparently of St. Louis, MO

Status
Not open for further replies.

andre10056

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I really do not understand the buyers being so upset. It is a free world and you do not have to move forward with a transaction if you feel it is not worth your Time, Money, Effort, Peace of mind etc.

Approaching a seller with threats like I will leave a negative feedback or dispute a CC charge, is not the best way to tart a business transaction. You will get the other party to act aggressively as well.

You always have to balance risk with opportunity. We all know Mariah has some nice TS units that some of us want. Yes there is risk that it does not transfer in time as with any TS reseller, You understand you are getting a TS for free that someone spent close to $30K to initially get.

If you look at it from the seller side, they are selling these items for few dollars. If the first buyer walks away, a new one will come in if it is a good TS. I guess there is no real reward for them to fight with a buyer for few dollars.

Richelle, I understand that you got burned bad by some bad re-sellers recording wrong deeds in your name and few other issues that I think you mentioned before. I bought from at least 10 different eBay TS sellers and never had an issue. I always ask for estopples before sending money and if I feel not safe, I normally pass which happened 3 times. I indicate to the seller that I know what the process is and follow up every 2 weeks to see how we are doing.
I'm not a buyer because Mariah told me she was going to cancel just because I asked questions. And that was the 2nd day after the transaction began. Legitimate questions about the apparently past due $721. And about the "every other year" MF being far less than half of what I paid for an annual. And the fact that a "every other year" odd allegedly somehow had 2020 usage (it doesn't). I thought the questions were quite reasonable and all I got was confrontation. And now get further slander from whomever posted above.

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
I really do not understand the buyers being so upset. It is a free world and you do not have to move forward with a transaction if you feel it is not worth your Time, Money, Effort, Peace of mind etc.

Approaching a seller with threats like I will leave a negative feedback or dispute a CC charge, is not the best way to tart a business transaction. You will get the other party to act aggressively as well.

You always have to balance risk with opportunity. We all know Mariah has some nice TS units that some of us want. Yes there is risk that it does not transfer in time as with any TS reseller, You understand you are getting a TS for free that someone spent close to $30K to initially get.

If you look at it from the seller side, they are selling these items for few dollars. If the first buyer walks away, a new one will come in if it is a good TS. I guess there is no real reward for them to fight with a buyer for few dollars.

Richelle, I understand that you got burned bad by some bad re-sellers recording wrong deeds in your name and few other issues that I think you mentioned before. I bought from at least 10 different eBay TS sellers and never had an issue. I always ask for estopples before sending money and if I feel not safe, I normally pass which happened 3 times. I indicate to the seller that I know what the process is and follow up every 2 weeks to see how we are doing.
I disagree. I agree with @Richelle I’m all for using tools such as cc disputes or negative ratings to hold TS sellers responsible. Why is that LT’s ratings are 4.8-4.9 but resortsales’ ratings are 82 percent on eBay (including both it’s new and old eBay user accounts)?

Last edited:

samara64

TUG Member
Reaction score
I disagree. I agree with @Richelle I’m all for using tools such as cc disputes or negative ratings to hold TS sellers responsible. Why is that LT’s ratings are 4.8-4.9 but resortsales’ ratings are 50-60 percent on eBay?

Sure, I do this sometime but do you start with this in the first phone call or email. I would not even mention this unless I paid and nothing happened in sometime or I feel it is going very slow.

samara64

TUG Member
Reaction score
Maybe it is a good time now to take a breezier and ask a moderator to close this thread as it is not going any where. Disputes happen in all transactions and TS is no different.

I can see Andre is upset. Maybe something can be worked out.

Last edited:

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sure, I do this sometime but do you start with this in the first phone call or email. I would not even mention this unless I paid and nothing happened in sometime or I feel it is going very slow.
You are right. I don’t start off like this.

andre10056

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Maybe it is a good time now to take a breezier and ask a moderator to close this thread as it is not going any where. Disputes happen in all transactions and TS is no different.

I can see Andre is upset. Maybe something can be worked out.
Actually, I had stepped aside from this thread as others relayed their own experiences. I had nothing new to add. I was pulled back in by whomever decided to slander/libel me above.

But I still see the thread having a constructive purpose for the possible benefit of others going forward.

And, it might not be tomorrow. But soon I'll run that estoppel past Owners Services and find out if that's the type of thing they would prepare. Hand-written (and not too neatly). No identifying information whatsoever. If they did, perhaps they'll remember what unit it was. Because, when I did call, all they were able to tell me (without knowing what unit it was) was that they couldn't remember anyone having a $7.21 balance for past years.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation

I do respect your opinion. I want to say that upfront. Lol. I did ask another reseller if I came off to harsh, or if I was being unreasonable, because I was starting to think I was. He didn’t know I was talking about me. I just copied and pasted my first email to him with no names. He said that they had a year to do a charge back (good to know), and asked if I was selling. I said no. I asked what his response would be. He said he didn’t think those deadlines were unreasonable. I showed them the response to it. I got an “LMAO” out of it. He asked who it was, so I gave him the name. He said he didn’t think they were in business anymore. Turns out Wyndham and RCI put the squeeze on them because they were charging people flat rates if $599 to get people out of their TS, and then not doing it. Oh and Maria, who claimed to be the owner (per the other Tugger) is not the owner. Brian is one of two owners left. This reseller I’m talking to has a long and good reputation and interacts regularly with the owners on the Facebook groups. They may even be a Tugger under a different name. I have no doubt he would have told me if I was being unreasonable. He would have explained to me (politely) why those deadlines might not have worked. He would have told me that, because if I were to purchase from him or sell through him, he would want me to have realistic expectations if I was asking to much.

That reseller proved my point. Any legitimate and professional reseller would have responded in a much more professional manner. If she would have explained right off the bat why those deadlines didn’t work, in a professional manner, I may have let the sale proceed. If you respond in a professional manner, you make me think your a professional and I’ll instantly have more confidence in you. She did me a favor by going on the defensive. She lost a good sale because she couldn’t hold her temper for two seconds.

I’ve only had two bad experiences. One reseller is trying hard I think. That’s why when I complain about the transfer they are doing, I’m not mentioning their name publicly. It’s the lack of responses to my inquiries that make me nervous, but they have not disappeared. The second one really did drop off the face of the earth. At least they did until I opened a dispute. Then all of the sudden I got a response. Other then that, I’ve had great experiences. My goal on my email was to let them know I was paying attention and they wouldn’t be able to yank my chain, if they were considering doing that. I tried to be very careful without I worded it. A real professional would have handled that significantly better. Again, she did me a favor by being unprofessional. I may just forget about the whole feedback thing for that very reason.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Actually, I had stepped aside from this thread as others relayed their own experiences. I had nothing new to add. I was pulled back in by whomever decided to slander/libel me above.

But I still see the thread having a constructive purpose for the possible benefit of others going forward.

And, it might not be tomorrow. But soon I'll run that estoppel past Owners Services and find out if that's the type of thing they would prepare. Hand-written (and not too neatly). No identifying information whatsoever. If they did, perhaps they'll remember what unit it was. Because, when I did call, all they were able to tell me (without knowing what unit it was) was that they couldn't remember anyone having a $7.21 balance for past years.

I’ve purchased fixed weeks and converted fixed weeks. Every time, unit number was given to me on the initial paperwork I got with the sale agreement. That’s not sensitive information. If the resort gives you sensitive information because you had that unit number, it on the resort. Not the transfer company. There is no reason to withhold it.

samara64

TUG Member
Reaction score

I guess we all can see that contract number and owner number so it is out of the box already but is it really going to help.

Last edited:

andre10056

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I guess we all can see that contract number and owner number so it is out of the box already but is it really going to help.
Wow. That's really interesting. The estoppel I got via email (and of course I still have the email and attachment) that I posted in post #43 did NOT have that identifying information. Did resortsales say that's what I got? Because if I had, that would have allowed me to ask away with Owner Services.

I had just checked the more recently posted estoppel and keyed in on the alleged $7.21. I never looked for and didn't see the identifying information. In fact, the post #43 version (my version that I received from the timeshare sales company) seemed to have been highlighted or something. The more recent version is un-highlighted.

Very strange. Now if I had received THAT estoppel, that would have solved everything as I could have asked away at the resort. No fuss, no concerns, no questions about "does it make sense that there's only a $7.21 balance past due"? No trying to get information from Owner Services who wanted to help, wanted to provide me with complete information, but couldn't without identifying information.

Why wasn't that information provided? Don't know but it would have saved me a lot of wasted hours.

andre10056

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
So now they freely provide that information to the world but couldn't provide that information to someone who had paid in full via Paypal and had sent all my info including a copy of my driver's license.

The world: "No problem. Here it is." The buyer: "We NEVER provide that information."

Sheesh.

samara64

TUG Member
Reaction score
They really never provided it on purpose. But if you look at the doc, you can see the numbers with the contrast difference.

Maybe you can ask the resort for more inf and get back to the seller to see if they can proceed. Not familiar with resort so I hope it is a good deal.

andre10056

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
On my version, I was never sent the entire top section about transfer fees (information that I think should NOT have been eliminated). How can you not disclose information about transfer fees? That section also named the management company. My version never even mentioned the resort or the management company.

The entire bottom section of the estoppel was missing. Again, their version (or perhaps more accurately, the version I was NOT sent) identified Coconut Mallory AND THE UNIT NUMBER 211 (!!!)...and also had a clear $7.21.

Without that information, the only place I saw $7.21 (actually, as both estoppels seem to indicate: a full $721) was in the middle section of the estoppel. I never saw that second more clear $7.21 on the bottom of the page because it was never sent to me.

But Mariah knew the bottom section had not been sent to me. So she must have known that all I got was the middle portion. And she must have seen that it did indeed look like $721. So she couldn't understand my concern when I told her that all I could see was $721???!!!

Last edited:

andre10056

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
No dog in this fight and no opinion on this matter but as a (former) owner at Coconut Mallory I think it's a blessing to not own there.
Unless bringing a boat and using their adjoining docks, there is (in my personal opinion) no worse location anywhere in Key West and I think the staff there may actually still appear together in a group photo in the dictionary ---- right beside the word "surly". ;)
I hear you. But I've gotten used to it. And, ever since my service in the Marine Corps, I'm a non-drinker so I don't mind being away from Duval Street. So it's OK. But definitely not the Ritz. :)

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
They really never provided it on purpose. But if you look at the doc, you can see the numbers with the contrast difference.

Maybe you can ask the resort for more inf and get back to the seller to see if they can proceed. Not familiar with resort so I hope it is a good deal.
I actually don’t think it’s a good idea for seller and Andre to proceed. It’s like trying to make a toxic, bad relationship work. There’d have to be some apology, and I can’t see either of them apologizing though I sympathize more with Andre.

andre10056

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Question for anyone who knows: my estoppel posted in post #43 is very unclear. That's because I simply used TUG's "attach files" and found the saved file in my "scanned documents" and...voila...that's how it turned out. And yet, there's obviously a better way to make scanned documents appear more clearly. How to do so?

samara64

TUG Member
Reaction score
Apparently the seller added new listings for the same resort and included estopples on eBay as part of the pics. This can make things easier for future buyers.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Apparently the seller added new listings for the same resort and included estopples on eBay as part of the pics. This can make things easier for future buyers.

It will be easier if they don’t ask any questions. I’ve seen others with the same issues. They ask for an estoppel or a clarification and she cancels the sale. I wonder what eBay would say. They can see how many sales she’s canceled. It would not look good. It will look like they are trying to hide something and as soon as a buyer ask for proof that something is legit, she shuts them down. Another red flag.

Synergy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview, Massanutten
I asked a couple of (admittedly simple) questions before my sale (posted on TUG marketplace, not eBay) and Mariah was the one that responded promptly and civilly. Not saying it to downplay the experiences others have had - I've said in other posts that I wouldn't want to spend a lot of money with this group until I've seen more successfully completed transactions - but just saying that my experiences with their sales staff were better than those reported here. I would not have proceeded with the transaction if I'd had a bad experience at any stage.

It remains to be seen if they'll deliver, but they've kept me reasonably informed and I don't have any reason to complain about their pre or post sale customer service.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I asked a couple of (admittedly simple) questions before my sale (posted on TUG marketplace, not eBay) and Mariah was the one that responded promptly and civilly. Not saying it to downplay the experiences others have had - I've said in other posts that I wouldn't want to spend a lot of money with this group until I've seen more successfully completed transactions - but just saying that my experiences with their sales staff were better than those reported here. I would not have proceeded with the transaction if I'd had a bad experience at any stage.

It remains to be seen if they'll deliver, but they've kept me reasonably informed and I don't have any reason to complain about their pre or post sale customer service.

I really am glad to here you got better service. I hope they deliver for you as well. Keep us informed. Also, Thank you for sharing. If the rest of us will share negative experiences, it’s only fair for others to share positive ones as well. If anything, it will give reassurances to others that may have dealings with them, some how that theirs will go through without issue. It always suck to worry if you got scammed.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
resortsalesgroup has sold many contracts on eBay. 7 is the amount of buyers that have left feedback
There’s a thread in this forum on them & some are happy with them having a fairly fast transfer.
I’m in the transfer process on 2 contracts with them. It’s going slow but progressing along.
Agree that they could drastically improve their attitude when you have questions
So they are legit? Or are you having issues as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.