• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Possible scam from S.F. Brokerage regarding buyers for Casa Dorada

Dalownerx3

TUG Member
Reaction score
I received a call earlier today from a S.F. Brokerage (http://www.sfinancialbr.com) claiming they have a buyer for my Casa Dorado timeshare. They said that they will send me a "Letter of Intent to Purchase" with an offer price. For now I just have to sign the letter of intent saying I'm willing to sell.

It seems very fishy given that the their domain name was just registered a day ago and a $52,000 offer for my 2 week bedroom. I'm seeing it for sell on Ebay for $3600.

I did a quick search for companies saying they have a buyer and it turns out to be a scam where they ask the owners to pony up some money during the deal and then disappear.

Just wanted to give folks a heads up.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
certainly hits all the initial red flags!

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Kierland X2, Westin St John-Sunset Bay X2, Westin Desert Willow, Westin Aventuras
What I'm curious about is how do they find you? Since it's Mexico there is no publicly recorded deed / public record so there is really nothing to search. Is owner information sold by the resort?

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Ex employees ?
current employees/ supplementing income ?
Hackers of resort data bases ?

Exchange companies data bases - same as above ?

Once your cell or land line phone is out there - it keeps getting recycled

Last edited:

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
The information gets pirated out of the resort. I never provide my work telephone number for anything to do with vacation travels. But one time, I needed to talk with someone at one of the Club Regina resorts while I was working. So I left my work number for a call back.

About two months later I started getting cold calls from companies asking me about selling or renting my Club Regina ownership.

WalnutBaron

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
The information gets pirated out of the resort. I never provide my work telephone number for anything to do with vacation travels. But one time, I needed to talk with someone at one of the Club Regina resorts while I was working. So I left my work number for a call back.

About two months later I started getting cold calls from companies asking me about selling or renting my Club Regina ownership.
This is similar to an experience I had when traveling on business in China about five years ago. I wanted to be able to retrieve my work email from my Marriott hotel room in Shanghai and so--in registering on the hotel's WiFi system--I had to provide an email address to do so. Ever since, I now receive 4-5 spam emails per day from Chinese crooks. Even though I block each one, I've only got about another billion Chinese to work through before I stop receiving the spam!

BellaWyn

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Plan on stuff like ths every time you connect to any public Wifi. Yeah, it's free, but there is always an aftermath that is the slew of spam that shows up. When we travel, i carry my own hotspot to avoid this very thing.