• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

"Possible" offer to buy scam for Vida properties

mikelafemina

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have recently been contacted by a Raymond Conley who stated that he was a junior broker of a company called Global Business Consultants based out of New York. He stated that they had an "investor" who was interested in acquiring Vida properties for investment and tax write off purposes and that my property at the Grand Luxxe fit the profile for what they wanted. He explained that the unit is valued at $166,320 (yeah right, first red flag). He then went on to explain what would be required to have this happen. Look at my contract to verify that I actually owned the unit. OK no problem. Then he started to explain that to have the contract reassigned I would need to pay Vida 10X the annual usage fee (Yes, this was in the contract that I, as well as others have never paid attention to. $20,000+) and that I would need to apply for a Mexican tax ID number that would be about $5000. I stated that there is no way I was going to pay even one cent upfront for any of this to happen. They continued to try to convince me that this would all be reimbursed at the time of escrow closure, which fund would be set up by the buyer in my name. They offered to send me copies of their NY broker licenses as well as who could be contacted in NY State to verify authenticity. At this point I told them I was not interested. That there was no way I would be providing any upfront funds and that they should not contact me again. I then hung up and blocked their number. All I can say is buyer beware...if it sounds too good, it probably is fishy.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Heckuva deal! What could go wrong?

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Good job spotting that scam, Mike!

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
I have recently been contacted by a Raymond Conley who stated that he was a junior broker of a company called Global Business Consultants based out of New York. He stated that they had an "investor" who was i.......

Once one scammer has your name and contact info - “ they all do”
- you will get more calls .

Sometimes when I am bored - I tell them I own a Vidanta Sea Garden in Acapulco-
then I quote a ridiculous price .

Most of the time I just say - we use all our weeks / no thank you / don’t bother calling back ,and hang up .

I average at least one scammer call a month.