• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Positives to come out of Covid

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
It helped us to decide to try to adopt again. This time we were successful and we have a beautiful 8 year old daughter. We are at Pismo Coast Village right now. Today, we went belly surfing in the ocean (my first time ever in the California ocean) and then swimming in the pool. We had so much fun. I was thinking how great the small things are. If I did not have my daughter, I would probably just sit in the RV drinking champagne. Instead, I am being super active with her. We do not need a lot of entertainment. She just loves for the three of us in our family and our dogs to be together. Today she was making large bubbles with her slime and she got so excited whenever she could make a big bubble. She would get excited and ask me to take a photo or make a video. I have a gazillion slime videos. LOL Again, it’s the simple things in life that bring the most joy.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Had Rust in front lawn. Read about Grass Rust. Lots of products for sale to fight Rust. Finally read article by a guy that was not trying to sell me any product. He said the causes for Rust primarily were over watering, low nitrogen, and letting your grass grow too high. Best bet remove the lawn and start over.

So I thatched front lawn by hand using Welded Steel Garden Rake. Applied liquid fertilizer. Over seeded. Applied top soil. Applied regular fertilizer. About once a week I gently rake. Every 2 weeks I reapply fertilizer and water. I have also added seed several times. After 2 months of work it is looking pretty good.

mentalbreak

TUG Member
Reaction score
The covid world presented some mental health issues in our teenage son. Which we are able to help address and understand while he is still a minor and under our roof. I expect without this upside-down year, we may not have realized these struggles until he was an adult, and he could have pushed us away.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
It helped us to decide to try to adopt again. This time we were successful and we have a beautiful 8 year old daughter. We are at Pismo Coast Village right now. Today, we went belly surfing in the ocean (my first time ever in the California ocean) and then swimming in the pool. We had so much fun. I was thinking how great the small things are. If I did not have my daughter, I would probably just sit in the RV drinking champagne. Instead, I am being super active with her. We do not need a lot of entertainment. She just loves for the three of us in our family and our dogs to be together. Today she was making large bubbles with her slime and she got so excited whenever she could make a big bubble. She would get excited and ask me to take a photo or make a video. I have a gazillion slime videos. LOL Again, it’s the simple things in life that bring the most joy.

Your post brought me such joy just reading this...Your daughter sounds like she is happy and grateful to have you both as parents...I think that is so awesome, just getting the opportunity to enjoy and be a family of 3.

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.

missyrcrews

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cold Spring Resort, Acadia Village Resort, Samoset Resort
No Black Friday ad to set at Target. Which means I'm NOT there until the wee hours Thanksgiving morning. (Most years, I was there until 4 or 5am, would come home to sleep, and then work a split shift on Friday.) This year, I leave at 11pm Wed night, and I don't have to go back until 3pm Friday. YAY!!!!

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
For me I can’t think of anything positive that came out of COVID but I certainly can think of lots of good things DESPITE it! Lol!

Last edited:

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
Here is a longer list of my positives coming out of Çovid:
- Adoption of my daughter (already mentioned)
- Our stocks went way up
- DH can work at home full time
- My business improved after an initial downturn
- Payroll Protection Plan (which helped my business a lot)
- Weekly phone calls with my elderly aunt/godmother
- New President
- Easier to make reservations at the last minute to drivable places for road trips
- Decided to enroll my daughter in the private Catholic school
- Able to buy almost everything online
- Zoom became professionally acceptable, which helped my business
- Started to better appreciate the small things in life
- Able to live full time in our big home in a semi rural area of CA

Limace

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC-Grand Californian
DVC-Animal Kingdom Kidani
No commute time!
DH spent a ton of time on garden this summer and it was the best in years.
Our 11 year old son has been ill-we believe he has Crohn’s-much easier to manage as we work to diagnosis with schooling at home than it would be if he was in the classroom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

x3 skier

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
A great excuse to avoid seeing people who really annoy me but I would have to deal with if not for COVID.

Cheers

Last edited:

stmartinfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Divi Little Bay, St. Maarten
Babysitting my new granddaughter several days a week, while daughter works remotely from our basement office...and since we can't travel anyway, no regrets about missing the chance to travel:)

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
For me, this year went by so fast and I feel really good. That is my positive.

Bill

jimf41

TUG Member
Reaction score
The mask keeps my nose warm on cold days. I've had the time to gather my own firewood instead of paying to have it delivered. Cocktail hour starts every night at 5 PM sharp with a fire in the fireplace instead of only once or twice a week. I'm saving money on gas for the cars.

I'd give it all up to see my friends and relatives as often as I used to. I hope we stop it soon, we are up to 5x more deaths than we had in Vietnam.

Snazzylass

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sedona Pines
And, no more sitting on Santa's lap! Just saw where kids will sit next to him on a bench with a Plexiglas screen in between.

That's got to be a positive and something we should keep :)

"Roger"

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Lots of home projects that were always put off were completed.
Somewhat in the same vein, while we have a relatively uncluttered house, got rid of many items that were just taking up space. Eventually we plan to move out of our house. This will make it easier.
I live on a ridge outside a medium sized city (50,000). Before, I could easily see an orange haze that engulfed the city. The air noticeably became clearer during the summer (although now it is beginning to revert).
Meetings that used to require me to drive into town after dark were done by Zoom. I don't mind daytime meetings, but never cared for driving in the dark.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
More positives to come out of Covid. Not only did we adopt daughter #1 last October age 8 at the time, now 9. We got an emergency placement of a 5 year old girl a few weeks ago. We went from being “single” married people for the past 15 years to an instant family in the last 4 months. Parenthood is so amazing. Our girls were baptized today in the Catholic Church and it was one of the best days of my life, besides marrying my husband and getting custody of the girls. I felt a deeper spirituality and faith during their baptism ceremony and I can see what amazing sisters they will be over the long term.
FC59EA56-CCDA-4E0A-BBC6-5536BBFC02DD.jpeg
5B564DDD-B442-4CF7-A888-A7839A1C42CB.jpeg
8AD38FD0-BB4D-467F-A043-3F5B95BF52B4.jpeg
62CF31A2-63ED-455D-929F-A1774E5D50AA.jpeg
CD07CA46-F9AC-421E-8948-0400633F4EA8.jpeg

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
An interesting side effect of Masking, Social Distancing, and frequent Hand Washing a lot less Flu.