• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Positive Review of eBay Seller tochoa25 - The Timeshare Group, LLC

tombanjo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HCNY
Just completed The District 7200 points for $5750. This is a “by Hilton Club” property. I own in NYC, so I already have some perks from the club level - but it still gives me a bigger window for booking at bHC sites.

Made offer from ebay listing 12/2 and points showed up in my account 1/22. Considering there is a 30 day ROFR in there, it went very quickly. Obviously, I needed to promptly return signed offer, all paperwork, deposit and payment quickly to keep it going, but their end was very smooth and no big issues.

I got property at a price I am happy with so I rate it a win. Good communication, answers to my questions, went ahead at each step promptly. so I can certainly recommend them.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
I worked with them as well and included some positive comments in a general (non-HGVC_ thread about tochoa25. In my case, I emailed after it had expired from eBay and offered something lower than the original eBay bid since it got no bids (many of theirs don't), and got it below that price. Everything was smooth and professional. Would definitely work with them again.

Cheers.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
Just completed The District 7200 points for $5750. This is a “by Hilton Club” property. I own in NYC, so I already have some perks from the club level - but it still gives me a bigger window for booking at bHC sites.

Made offer from ebay listing 12/2 and points showed up in my account 1/22. Considering there is a 30 day ROFR in there, it went very quickly. Obviously, I needed to promptly return signed offer, all paperwork, deposit and payment quickly to keep it going, but their end was very smooth and no big issues.

I got property at a price I am happy with so I rate it a win. Good communication, answers to my questions, went ahead at each step promptly. so I can certainly recommend them.
Does the bHC District also have the all inclusive benefit? Thanks

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

tombanjo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HCNY
Owners at 57th Street Vacation Suites, HC Suites (also known as The Residences by Hilton Club) and TD Suites (also known as The District by Hilton Club) may be offered an inclusive payment option that includes annual Club Dues ($290 for Members residing in the U .S . or Canada and $315 for Members residing outside the U .S . or Canada), plus unlimited Home Resort Priority, by Hilton Club Priority, and Club reservation fees priced at $80 or less .

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
I made him an offer on a timeshare he’s listed over and over and over with no takers but he wasn’t interested.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
I also had a positive experience buying from him on eBay.

tombanjo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HCNY
It’s the seller who accepts the offer. Sometimes sellers have unrealistic ideas on what something should sell for.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
It’s the seller who accepts the offer. Sometimes sellers have unrealistic ideas on what something should sell for.

In the case of tochoa25, typically not. At least in my case (and others I've read about) they have complete Power of Attorney and they decide whether to accept (or not) the offer. From a discussion with them about having them sell something for me, it seems that they "buy" the units low (somehow without invoking transfer fees) and then they are, effectively, the seller in some way. Not sure just how it works, but I do believe that they make the accept/reject decisions.

Cheers.
'

JohnPaul

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
He wanted basically $1000 for a 54 pt (small) EOY Vacation Internationale that ends in 2029.

I offered $500.

He’s listed it exactly the same 3 to 5 times.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
He wanted basically $1000 for a 54 pt (small) EOY Vacation Internationale that ends in 2029.

I offered $500.

If the biggest gripe someone has with an eBay seller is they won’t accept lowball offers .... I’m not going to hold that against them. Nothing wrong with lowball offers, but it is completely the seller’s prerogative to decide to decide what to accept.

JohnPaul

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I absolutely agree he is free to reject offers. Just seems odd since it is clearly not selling at his price.

tah

TUG Member
Reaction score

I offered $500.

FWIW, I think it sold at $99

CCdad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
If the biggest gripe someone has with an eBay seller is they won’t accept lowball offers .... I’m not going to hold that against them. Nothing wrong with lowball offers, but it is completely the seller’s prerogative to decide to decide what to accept.

Looking at this EBay seller: 100% feedback on over 2K transactions, but who’s only interested in driving a bargain on their terms.

This guy is constantly relisting items on EBay and expecting the buyer to pay MFs either retroactively or immediately on points that’ll take months to transfer and for which usage could have been used or stripped in the process.

For Worldmark points, the only cost to that person is the transfer fee, so the closing cost is to partially fund the Ebay listing fees. Most Worldmark auctions have no banked points. That’s certainly their prerogative as a reputable seller’s agent, but it’s a fair complaint to lodge about not being reasonable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
This guy is constantly relisting items on EBay and expecting the buyer to pay MFs either retroactively or immediately on points that’ll take months to transfer and for which usage could have been used or stripped in the process.

From offer to points available for us was a little over a month. Seems reasonable to me to get retroactive MFs, depending upon time of year for the sale and availability of points.

Cheers.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
Ochoas have been around a long time, with some mixed reviews. I had a decent transaction with them over 10 years ago, and they helped me get bonus usage weeks after some glitches.

JohnPaul

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

emoneybug

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney - Saratoga Springs 365pts (resale)
Agreed with the above, when I see his name as the lister, I typically don't even click to the description/details, because I know he's looking for top dollar and I'm looking at bargain basement, so we are not a match, but glad to hear he's at least legit and those that buy get the TS in a timely manner.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
because I know he's looking for top dollar and I'm looking at bargain basement ....

That is how a market is supposed to work.

He does not set in at $0 (and you are either a fool or just want to liquidate quickly if you do). He sets in at a price close to what he hopes to sell it for. He over time lowers set in prices until they sell. If he is too high, he gradually marks to market until they sell. I have seen him sell several prime platinum Vegas units at a fair amount below $1/point.

I would also like it if he gave all of them away for nothing, but he would not be much of a seller then. That is how he makes money.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
That is how a market is supposed to work.

He does not set in at $0 (and you are either a fool or just want to liquidate quickly if you do). He sets in at a price close to what he hopes to sell it for. He over time lowers set in prices until they sell. If he is too high, he gradually marks to market until they sell. I have seen him sell several prime platinum Vegas units at a fair amount below $1/point.

I would also like it if he gave all of them away for nothing, but he would not be much of a seller then. That is how he makes money.

Indeed. I got 9600 points platinum (Boulevard) for $6250. Granted, it's two 4800 point packages in one contract, but still a good deal for platinum.

Cheers.

GTLINZ

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
i also have purchased from them recently and had a good experience. Everything handled professionally.

Soumak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone used this person recently? I saw last post was from 2020. Wanted to see if they were still up to par in 2022. Thanks.