• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Portland WM

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
I don't remember the details, but the original resorts, when I purchased, where I could stay for a week in a 2bedroom, it was no longer the case.
That's why I became disenchanted.

But they have not increased the Point value/cost per week in any of the older Resorts.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
But they have not increased the Point value/cost per week in any of the older Resorts.

True - because they cannot increase or decrease the total credits allocated to a resort.

But they have and do shift the seasons around, so one year you could book a room for a certain check-in date and it was in blue season (less credits), and the next year that same date might be in red season. Making it look like the credits required had increased.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Great points. And is pretty much what I've been trying to explain. If newer resorts are priced out of range for current owners, then what? I'm not sure I'm ready to buy more credits to add to my account, increasing my costs, just to give me the same staying options I currently have.

I just had a talk with my spouse about this topic, and I was reminded that for the way we travel now, WM is still the best fit. That is, we rarely go to a location and stay there for a week at a time, unless it's a destination, like Hawaii. So if we ever wanted to go to Portland, we'd probably only stay for a few days, since it'd likely be a road trip, and on the way to somewhere else. If the daily rate is higher, it may not be as big a deal as I'm perceiving it to be. We could still stay there, and compare the costs to what we might spend to stay in a hotel in the area. And that makes me question whether that's what WM Portland was planning all along - that people would stay few a few days at a time, rather than a week or more.

Distance seems to be the determining factor for me. If I have to travel a long way to get there, I'll likely want to stay there longer.

Dave

You really do not need more points in one account to manipulate bonus time. What works good is at least two 6000 point accounts. I like WM bonus time when traveling but very often use RCI, II and SFX for bonus weeks instead. This week I'm at David Wally's on a II getaway for about $300. I was only planning on being here for 3 or 4 nights but like it so much I am inclined to stay all week.

Yes, the newer resorts do cost more but the cost is usually still a way lower cost than going to the newer resort any other way, imo.

Bill

rhonda

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
The guest manager who was there visiting from The Camlin told me that this is windham's new logo. Like you, I also find it rather weird.
Looks like someone was fidgeting with a paperclip.

oldf1000

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
worldmark
I didn't get a pic, but the murphy bed in the studio is a little different, it comes down out of the wall and goes between the arms of the couch :) Not many people realized this and was trying to move the couch out of the way of the murphy bed.
The night we stayed there we were very disappointed that the couch didn't have sliders on it's feet to move it! Also that it depended on being up against the murphy bed to have a ridged back! Now it all makes sense!
Seems to make sense to me that a new resort in the city would cost more credits than where land is cheaper. I like the bargain hunting aspect of choosing where and how I want to spend my credits.