• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 29 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  • TUG started 29 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Check out our happy birthday post here: Happy Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Come check it out for a chance to win a Free TUG membership (or renewal) just for helping out!

Read more here
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars
  • Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
  • Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! 60,000+ subscribers! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

"poor suckers"

Status
Not open for further replies.

sally

Reaction score
Hello again! In reading the latest post here,a thought comes to my mind.Someone here refered to the new people, who tour resorts, as (poor suckers).Now, I personally feel this statement is not well thought out.I know a lot of people who feel timesharing is a waste of money.I however, feel they do not know what they are missing. So...the question is, why is someone who goes to a presentation a "poor sucker"? Is the person, not smart for A) getting a free (whatever) and B)personally getting a first hand inside look at a resort.We have been to many,many a presentation and I would hate to think people viewing us, touring the grounds,thought of us as... poor suckers.I personally have never been kept over two hours,and have enjoyed the different sales styles.I really get a kick out of sales guys who are pushy. (with of course, the p.v. vidafel guy who accidentlly spit on us,mid spiel.) That hurt! We are early risers,and tour before most people are out of bed. Most always, there is an elaborate breakfast along with your gift! The big thing to remember, is this is a time that we did agree to, and are in the correct frame of mind ,and are ready to be (SOLD) to, as they say. I do not like all the other SELLING that goes on, at so many of the resorts. This is one reason the Mayan chain is for us.Very respectfull of your vacation time,they are.

As they say in Mexico ..( PLAY THE GAME and get your gift) remember we shop at wallmart!

sally

CaliDave

TUG Member
Reaction score
I guess when they tell you the presentation will be 90-120 minutes.. Then they keep you for over 4 hours. That is why they are poor suckers.. They walk around all happy touring the resort. Then they get back to the salesroom and the lies and pressure starts.
Possibly your Mayan tours never last more than 2 hours, because you didn't tell them no.
The people are suckers because they buy something, that loses 50% of its value the second the ink dries on the paper.

sally

Reaction score
know how to say (we are done)!

dave..I have been reprimanded for my style, grammer, and spelling ect. by(SPENCE) , noni and others have also complained a few times.Although I enjoy sparring and such, with you mostly,this will be my last post.

We say we are not interested and keep asking them repeatedly to honor thier time promise,(LOUDLY)! you would not believe the nervous looks on the other sales people when this happens.
Spence ,has made it that, I really feel like A second class person. I really have tried to be better at my posting skills,but I wish not to offend the good people of this forum.Computer posting is not my forte, as this is all new to me.

I hope I have added A bit of Zip to all of your lives.I just tried to fit in and share some of my life with all you.

thanks everyone!
sally

p.s.thanks Sandy for helping with hints, you have been kind.

Last edited:

mikey0531

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't think anyone is a "poor sucker" for attending -- perhaps those who go to the presentation and fall into the trap and buy are maybe considered "poor suckers."

geoffb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, on a site dedicated to timesharing I would hope that people don't consider the whole concept a waste of money. There will always be debates on TUG about buying resales vs. developer units of course.

I don't think someone who goes into a sales presentation well informed and with their eyes open is a sucker. As you say, that is playing the game and if you consider the rewards fair compensation for your time then more power to you.

Some people seem to be able to make attending presentations into quite a hobby!

mikey0531

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Sally, there are so many nice people on this forum. It's hard to sometimes express properly thoughts and feelings on a computer. I find that people are mostly nice here. But, I do find myself carefully choosing my words before I post. Don't leave if you enjoy TUG. I don't know you but I feld bad when I read your post -- I felt bad that someone on these boards made you feel like a "second class person." I'm sure it hasn't been anyone's intent to make you feel bad like that. Again -- people are usually so nice and helpful here. I love getting my TUG fix everyday :)

Debi

Spence

Banned
Reaction score
sally said:
dave..I have been reprimanded for my style, grammer, and spelling ect. by(SPENCE) , noni and others have also complained a few times.Although I enjoy sparring and such, with you mostly,this will be my last post.

We say we are not interested and keep asking them repeatedly to honor thier time promise,(LOUDLY)! you would not believe the nervous looks on the other sales people when this happens.
Spence ,has made it that, I really feel like A second class person. I really have tried to be better at my posting skills,but I wish not to offend the good people of this forum.Computer posting is not my forte, as this is all new to me.

I hope I have added A bit of Zip to all of your lives.I just tried to fit in and share some of my life with all you.

thanks everyone!
sally

p.s.thanks Sandy for helping with hints, you have been kind.

If Sally would like to be public about this, and she obviously does, from the post above... here is the PRIVATE message interchange that she is referring to.

Spence said:
Sally,
Your posts are unbelievably difficult to read. Run on sentances, poor punctuation, and poor spacing with punctuation make myself and others just skip them.
Regards,
Spence
TUGger

sally said:
sorry spence
I guess I should not post.
thanks

Spence said:
Thanks for the reply. I'm certainly not saying that you shouldn't post, everyone should post! Just take a little time and make them more readable.
Regards,
Spence

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
End of this discussion

For everyone's review, here is rule #5 about posting on TUG:

Be Courteous
As we read and respond to others, disagreements are inevitable. Differing points of view are welcomed, and indeed the bbs would be a dull place without them. All users are expected and required to express their disagreements civilly. Refrain from name calling and behaviour lectures. Personal attacks will not be tolerated and repeated offences could get you banned from the bbs. Lively discussion is what the board is all about, but that is no excuse for boorish behaviour or bad manners. We are assumed to all be adults. If you don't like a particular thread, stop reading it!

Since this thread seems to be straying from the original topic, I'm closing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.