• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Poor [Customer] Phone Service

loosefeet

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have tried 5 times to call WorldMark Reservations--and on hold over an hour, then was hung up on. I am trying to change a reservation--I don't want to just cancel b.c can go to a waitlist, so need to talk to an agent.
What is going on?? Anyone have a work around?

rhonda

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
I got right through yesterday ... but was disappointed with the rep. Maybe she was new ... or maybe she was a longtime Wyndham (vs WM) employee. While trying to nail down specific differences in unit types (location/sizes) at Pagosa (a confusing location), she pushed that new website as the final word on unit configurations even though the resort info page is harder to reach and has less information than our existing resort info page. It was exasperating. She and I were very edge of trying to keep the tone civil. She was frustrated with me and I with her rather early into the call.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
That's what I get too. I think everyone wants to travel.
Probably the triple whammy of everybody wants to travel, everybody has a monster stash of points/weeks, and nobody wants to work- especially in a low wage call center.

Jim

Tacoma

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The first 3 times I called today I couldn't even get a place in line they said they could not take my call at this time. I am now on hold and hoping it goes through. Three weeks ago I tried my first ever deposit first in II. I deposited 8000 points since some were expiring before I could use them. Unfortunately the week has not showed up in my II account. So far I am not impressed with deposit first at all. If I hadn't had to deal with expiring points I would not have done this. who knows how long it will take to fix.

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
Some of the problems I have had with many companies is that somtimes I am patched through to a Representative working from home who doesn't have equal access to their system as one who is working at the office....

George

samara64

TUG Member
Reaction score
The first 3 times I called today I couldn't even get a place in line they said they could not take my call at this time. I am now on hold and hoping it goes through. Three weeks ago I tried my first ever deposit first in II. I deposited 8000 points since some were expiring before I could use them. Unfortunately the week has not showed up in my II account. So far I am not impressed with deposit first at all. If I hadn't had to deal with expiring points I would not have done this. who knows how long it will take to fix.

The II deposit can take a long time.

loosefeet

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Actually, something dramatic has changed. When I finally got through today--9th time trying over a week, and on hold multiple hours--I talked with an agent who had what I call "double speak"-always repeating what I say, says things like let me look at your account, etc--then she hung up on me when I asked her to change a reservation (which would have taken a couple of minutes). I also think I was taking to someone in the Philippines. I usually don't call them, do everything online, so haven't noticed this until now.

VGinmo

Reaction score
Some of the problems I have had with many companies is that somtimes I am patched through to a Representative working from home who doesn't have equal access to their system as one who is working at the office....

George
Just fyi, agents that work at home have the exact same access to the system as agents who work inn the center. Unfortunately, you don't get an agent that loves their job and is willing to spend time to help properly. Sounds like some agents need a little retaining... Just my opinion

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Sounds like some agents need a little retaining... Just my opinion

That is precisely the problem. :D

My experience with call center support since Covid started is that reps come in two types: Former on-site employees who know their stuff, and new-hires who were either transferred in from other departments, or were hired and trained off the street. This latter group are those who have no idea what they're really doing, and who provide lousy customer service. Misquoted policies and mistakes happen regularly when someone has just enough training to be dangerous.

It's not just with WorldMark - it's everywhere, including Costco. During the shutdown, Costco.com went to a remote call center situation, where workers were working from home. They could access the system at work, (some of it), but if they had a question or problem, they had to post an Instant Message to their work group, requesting a Supervisor contact them. When that Supervisor was able to get to them (usually after lengthy wait times), then the question may or may not be easy to answer. The Supervisors were the ones carrying the heaviest workload, as they fielded questions from a hundred work-at-home reps who may or may not have a clue to what they were doing.

Dave

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
My experience with Costco's call center was excellent.

My experience with WM call center was terrible. I'm not sure they gave me the right information so I called the resort. I did get the correct info from the resort which was totally the opposite information I received from the call center. The resort answered on the third ring. The call center had me on hold for 45 minutes and gave bad info. I think my call was outsourced to Bob in a different country or the rep has a foreign accent.

Bill

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Just fyi, agents that work at home have the exact same access to the system as agents who work inn the center. Unfortunately, you don't get an agent that loves their job and is willing to spend time to help properly. Sounds like some agents need a little retaining... Just my opinion
That is precisely the problem. :D

My experience with call center support since Covid started is that reps come in two types: Former on-site employees who know their stuff, and new-hires who were either transferred in from other departments, or were hired and trained off the street. This latter group are those who have no idea what they're really doing, and who provide lousy customer service. Misquoted policies and mistakes happen regularly when someone has just enough training to be dangerous.

It's not just with WorldMark - it's everywhere, including Costco. During the shutdown, Costco.com went to a remote call center situation, where workers were working from home. They could access the system at work, (some of it), but if they had a question or problem, they had to post an Instant Message to their work group, requesting a Supervisor contact them. When that Supervisor was able to get to them (usually after lengthy wait times), then the question may or may not be easy to answer. The Supervisors were the ones carrying the heaviest workload, as they fielded questions from a hundred work-at-home reps who may or may not have a clue to what they were doing.

Dave

Perhaps they are retaining the wrong employees. If they kept the ones that performed better and gave better information/customer service, we'd all be better off.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
My experience with Costco's call center was excellent.

My experience with WM call center was terrible. I'm not sure they gave me the right information so I called the resort. I did get the correct info from the resort which was totally the opposite information I received from the call center. The resort answered on the third ring. The call center had me on hold for 45 minutes and gave bad info. I think my call was outsourced to Bob in a different country or the rep has a foreign accent.

Bill

You must have gotten a Costco employee who knew their stuff. The WM experience, not so much.

I got a solicitation call from Interval last week, trying to get me to upgrade my account. I knew I was in for a good one when the guy with the impossible-to-understand accent called me “Mr. Dave.” I declined the offer.

Dave

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Perhaps they are retaining the wrong employees. If they kept the ones that performed better and gave better information/customer service, we'd all be better off.
Successful companies invest countless hours training and monitoring customer calls. Any time I called in there was always the disclaimer about “This call/session may be monitored and recorded for record-keeping, training and quality-assurance purposes.” Not sure if anyone actually listens in or monitors but it sounds like maybe the wrong managers are being retained if customer service reps are giving bad or incorrect information..

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
I recently got so fed up with ATT, all the hold time and all the incompetent Customer Service Reps that I changed my Cell Phone provider. My new one, Lively (they just changed their name from Great Call). I have found it easy to get through to their Reps wo are domiciled in the US, who speak my kind of English, and who have been able to swiftly address my issues. I always try to vote with my feet and dump companies with non-existent and/or incompetent Customer Service...

George

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
If you want a good response from the Worldmark Call Center buy sufficient Developer Credits to be Travelshare Platinum. Honest a Sales Person swore this would work.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
You must have gotten a Costco employee who knew their stuff. The WM experience, not so much.

I got a solicitation call from Interval last week, trying to get me to upgrade my account. I knew I was in for a good one when the guy with the impossible-to-understand accent called me “Mr. Dave.” I declined the offer.

Dave

But Mr Dave................. :ROFLMAO:

Bill

sun starved Gayle

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had to call Nordstrom customer service and got a heavily accented agent with a dog barking in the back ground. The times, they are a changin.’

loosefeet

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Sucked it up, and went to an Owner's Update--I was given the Diamond number (which I qualified to use)--answered on 2 rings, able to get through no problem. Now feel sorry for the regular WM owner!

nightnurse613

TUG Member
Reaction score
I called yesterday, put my speakerphone on and fired up my computer when-after 30 seconds-a rep came on the line! I didn't even have my owner number yet! So, YMMV (P.S. NOT Diamond!!)