• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Pool points LOST!!! Wyndham Ovation Transfer to hiers

charlja

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am livid. In January, before all of the Wyndham rule changes, I had pooled my 2018 points. I then decided in April to research the Ovations Tribute program, to transfer my VIP ownership to my two daughters and husband.

I asked lots of questions via phone calls. I made notes. I was told that any existing reservations would be lost, so I made sure not to make any, of course. I asked if my VIP would transfer - they said yes, and it has transferred to my heirs successfully.

The transfer was initiated in June, and we did lots of "deeding" paperwork. None of this paperwork communicated any "fine print" as to what would and wouldn't transfer in regards to points, except the actual deed values of course.

Transfer completed August 25th successfully - EXCEPT, when I log in it shows only 321,000 points for 2019. All 2018 points (the pooled points) and remaining 2017 pooled points are GONE - not showing in my husband and daughter's account.

I called deeding, the specific person who handled the paperwork. She told me that department would not be notified of any pooled points - they only handle deeding, and I should contact club Wyndham member services.

I received a very helpful counselor, Kashley, and she said "all I know is that when a membership transfers the reservations and pool points do not transfer.

I was NEVER notified of this. The Ovations program is a FREE program - and to me this has cost a year's worth of membership fees, since nobody will benefit from the 2018 points that were not transferred and are lost.

Any similar experiences? Doesn't the Ovations team have a duty to report to the parties involved of the potential loss of points IN WRITING, up front? Has anyone on TUG experiences this? Advice? I never dreamed that there would be this "secret" rule - seems to be a total con!

TIA - Judy

charlja

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is a newer program, and hopefully just means their communication is very poor. I did not "sell" my ownership interest - Wyndham offered me a FREE program to transfer ownership. I feel they had a duty to disclose all of the program rules and potential issues - they did not.

I will push to get these points restored - a "FREE" program should not result in loss of usage and points.

charlja

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is a newer program, and hopefully just means their communication is very poor. I did not "sell" my ownership interest - Wyndham offered me a FREE program to transfer ownership. I feel they had a duty to disclose all of the program rules and potential issues - they did not.

I will push to get these points restored - a "FREE" program should not result in loss of usage and points.

UPDATE: I was able to get all of the pool points restored to my family. Took a month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk