• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Ponds at Foxhollow - help for newbie

Lbw

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm thankful to TUG for educating me about buying resale vs. from resort. I've been thinking about timesharing for a while, and may be ready to do something about it. But I cannot find any/many resale listings for Ponds at Foxhollow in the Berkshires. Is this a scarce resort? I'm not looking to trade, I'm looking to stay at the resort each year.

I e-mailed the resort and they have weeks available.

A few additional questions: are all weeks fixed? How many people can fit into a 2 bedroom - is it 2 double beds and a double sleeper sofa? If I wanted to fit more people is there a better option? Are some buildings better than others?

Also, if for some reason I'm unable to visit the Ponds one year, how difficult is it to rent it out at a reasonable price to cover or more than cover maintenance fees? Or to trade my week for a different week if I cannot make my fixed week?

Thank you very much!

Gussie

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Ponds is a small resort - only 24 one bedroom and 24 two bedroom units. There just aren't a whole lot of summer ("Tanglewood") weeks on the market, but if you are looking for other seasons you should be able to find something at a good price. The Ponds is unusual in that maintenance fees vary by season so not only will you pay less for an off-season week, but your ongoing expense for maintenance will be lower. There are several groupings with different maintenance fees.

Yes, all units are fixed week fixed unit, and all 2 bedrooms have the same layout. There are 2 floors. The master bedroom with a king bed is downstairs, and there is a loft with a pullout sofa (full?) and tv, and a separate bedroom (queen?) upstairs.

If you are within driving distance I strongly suggest that you visit. That's what we did. Everyone was very helpful, and we did end up buying.

Lbw

Reaction score
The Ponds is a small resort - only 24 one bedroom and 24 two bedroom units. There just aren't a whole lot of summer ("Tanglewood") weeks on the market, but if you are looking for other seasons you should be able to find something at a good price. The Ponds is unusual in that maintenance fees vary by season so not only will you pay less for an off-season week, but your ongoing expense for maintenance will be lower. There are several groupings with different maintenance fees.

Yes, all units are fixed week fixed unit, and all 2 bedrooms have the same layout. There are 2 floors. The master bedroom with a king bed is downstairs, and there is a loft with a pullout sofa (full?) and tv, and a separate bedroom (queen?) upstairs.

If you are within driving distance I strongly suggest that you visit. That's what we did. Everyone was very helpful, and we did end up buying.

Thanks for the great advice. Will do. Sounds like you purchased from the resort vs. resale, yes?

Gussie

TUG Member
Reaction score
We did find resale, but it wasn't easy. We finally found a week by responding to a rental ad and asking if they were interested in selling.

NEVMSLLC

Reaction score
Ponds Resale

The Ponds at Foxhollow has had a very active resale program for the past 16 years that works right at the resort. There is no developer. You can get in touch by calling the front desk or clicking the link on their website.

Lbw

Reaction score
The Ponds at Foxhollow has had a very active resale program for the past 16 years that works right at the resort. There is no developer. You can get in touch by calling the front desk or clicking the link on their website.

Thank you - I'll look into it.