• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

POLL - Wyndham Membership Composition

What is your VIP level and do you own resale? (Select One)

• Resale Only

Votes: 38 48.1%
  • Non-VIP Retail only

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Non-VIP Both Retail and Resale

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • VIP-SILVER Retail only

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • VIP-SIVER Both Retail and Resale

• VIP-GOLD Retail only

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • VIP-GOLD Both Retail and Resale

Votes: 8 10.1%
  • VIP-PLATINUM Retail only

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • VIP-PLATINUM Both Retail and Resale

Votes: 10 12.7%
  • VIP-PR RESERVE Retail only

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • VIP-PR RESERVE Retail and Resale

• VIP-SILVER Resale Only

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • VIP-GOLD Resale Only

• VIP-PLATINUM Resale only

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • VIP-PR Resale only

• Total voters

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Desert - Flagstaff - Waikiki-Beachwalk+2PICs - Bonnet-Creek - Smoky-Mountains - NO CWA/NO RESALE
So, a skewed result that doesn't comport with reality reveals a lot about the sample itself. That itself is worth studying.
When the polls fail, they expose the bias of the poll and pollsters! 2016! ;)

OutSkiing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Midtown 45, Bali Hai, Margaritaville
Then what IS the purpose of the poll, if not an extrapolation of [Club] Wyndham [owners] based on a TUG poll? Or any other Wyndham related poll on TUG? It all seems an exercise in pointlessness.
I view this poll as a reflection of the fairly exclusive group of people who participate in tugbbs itself. It's nice to see the ownership profile of those I am chatting with.
Bob

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wonder how many VIP points have been sold and have become resale points? I also would like to know how many resale points a year are sold private sale. Add another category the resale points Ovations takes back and then Wyndham sells as developer points? This could be another poll.

@SNA27 Are you working on these polls?
Add another poll on how many rescinded and if they were non VIP or a VIP and what level. Add in if they rescinded and bought resale or went back and bought developer.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Then what IS the purpose of the poll, if not an extrapolation of [Club] Wyndham [owners] based on a TUG poll? Or any other Wyndham related poll on TUG? It all seems an exercise in pointlessness.
@SNA27 start another poll on if this pointless post above was necessary.

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Desert - Flagstaff - Waikiki-Beachwalk+2PICs - Bonnet-Creek - Smoky-Mountains - NO CWA/NO RESALE
Apparently, these polls are not universally acclaimed or well-received. Otherwise, more people would have cast votes..
You should do your own poll. It's quite easy to set up. The preview doesn't work well. You have to post to really see how the poll looks. Go for it! PM me if you need my help.
Polls are interesting and generate traffic. That would be one way for guest 'lurkers' to contribute to this forum by at least looking at ads! :)

Last edited:

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
Apparently, these polls are not universally acclaimed or well-received. Otherwise, more people would have cast votes..
You should do your own poll. It's quite easy to set up. The preview doesn't work well. You have to post to really see how the poll looks. Go for it! PM me if you need my help.
Polls are interesting and generate traffic. That would be one way for guest 'lurkers' to contribute to this forum by at least looking at ads! :)

I suspect there are not that many truly active forum users on TUG when compared to the total registered user base. That said you do see a lot more “reads” than actual replies - but then again how reads are defined matters. I use a mix of Tapatalk and my laptop to consume TUG content, and I often check the same thread multiple times throughout any one day because I receive Tapatalk notifications every time someone adds content to a subscribed thread. Does each time I check the thread count as a “read”?

If you are really interested in getting a better response rate on these types of polls, I would also consider posting a similar poll out on one of the Facebook Wyndham groups that has 25k+ members. There are only a couple Wyndham groups that have this amount of members - and these large groups also have a lot of members that aren’t Wyndham owners - but they rent from owners via the groups - so I would consider adding a section to the poll to capture this member segment if you choose to go down this road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Less than 100 poll respondents out of 500,000 owners is a meaningless joke -- statistically speaking.

Statistically speaking, your contention is a dud 'joke' lacking a punchline!:)
It's not the sample size but the randomness of the sample that makes a poll meaningful or meaningless.
I agree that this sample is neither random nor representative of the whole population. In fact, even if 50,000 had cast their votes here, the poll could still produce skewed results since the sample is not truly random and hence not representative of the population.
But you seem to be hung up on sample size. Size doesn't matter, as they say! ;)

See Grammarhero's post. It's worth repeating.
@CO skier @SNA27
As you know, I am a data-curious person. As attached, Gallup famously uses a sample of 1004 people to represent 260 million people, or 1 sample per 260k people.

I think @SNA27 ’s poll is useful and sticky-worthy. Obviously, tuggers are a self-selecting group. I find it interesting that while resale-only owners comprise 5 percent of all Wyndham owners but 42 percent on TUG.

Last edited:

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bump back to top. Hopefully @SNA27 can get a few more to respond.

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
Bump. Would like more votes and data points.

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1