• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

POLL - Topic for Next TUG Virtual Meetup Livestream

POLL: Next TUG Virtual Meetup Livestream Topic

• More About Marriott

Votes: 30 68.2%
  • What's Up With Wyndham

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • A Look at Lagunamar

Votes: 5 11.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Since it seems that the TUG Virtual Meetup Livestream was a hit on Sunday the 5th, I am looking to put together the next one. Probably for either April 19th or 26th. I look to make this one targeted more toward a specific topic.

Use the poll above to select what you would like to see discussed in the next virtual meetup livestream. I am only listing three and if this works out, as we discuss a topic on a livestream, I will drop it and add a new one. So if a topic doesn't get picked, it will still be up for consideration in a future stream.

Topics (VOTE ABOVE)
  1. More About Marriott - Bring together some of the Marriott Vacation Club experts and just anyone that loves Marriott to discuss the history, weeks vs. points. Where the company is headed and perhaps even potential integration with Westin and Sheraton.
  2. What's Up With Wyndham - Talk about the best and worst of Windham. How to get the best value, what are some of the best resorts. How does the points system work, weeks ownership, etc. Here from owners that know all about Wyndham.
  3. A Look at Lagunamar - Let's take a look at everything the Westin Lagunamar in Cancun has to offer. What makes this resort great, what can they improve upon. Even jump into "is Cancun safe". Hear from those with experience visiting this resort.
If you have other topic ideas that you would like to be considered for future streams, post them in this thread and I can include them in future polls.

Haven't seen the last livestream? Check it out here.

10spro

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott DSV-I (x3)
Marriott DC Points
Westin WKORV OFD
I like the idea of having focused topics, for example: weeks, points, Marriott, Interval, Aruba, Maui, etc.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I like the idea of having focused topics, for example: weeks, points, Marriott, Interval, Aruba, Maui, etc.
Thanks. I do have destination type topics on my list for future consideration. I will note these specific items for future polls.

10spro

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott DSV-I (x3)
Marriott DC Points
Westin WKORV OFD
Thanks. I do have destination type topics on my list for future consideration. I will note these specific items for future polls.
Redweek, tips on renting your unit, buying resale

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
I really appreciate all of the work that you are doing on this. Thanks for pulling everything together. I agree that having a focused topic would be great. Since I don't own Marriott or Wyndham those wouldn't be of much interest to me personally but I am sure that there are a lot of members who would get a lot out of the discussion. I too would like to hear topics about destinations. Maybe Cancun instead of just Lagunamar for example? There was also a lot of interest about Tradewinds. I would love to see a discussion about that too.

I would also love to see discussions about the different exchange companies.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
So specific, if you don’t own Marriott or Wyndham or Mexico, no interest, at least for me. I would consider possibly dual topics in a session, one specific like the lit’s and then a general topic such as how to get good trades, how to get a great week without spending a lot, best travel experiences, etc.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Highlight what TUG does best - share information and help determine strategies.

Topic: Covid-19 impact on Timeshares stays

Three focused areas
- Major exchange companies (RCI and II)
- Major Developers (Marriott, Vistana, Hyatt, Wyndham, WorldMark, Diamond, Hilton, Disney, Holiday Inn and Bluegreen)
- Smaller Independents

(1) How did they respond? What’s open and closed?
(2) What are the options for those who had their vacations canceled and for those who still have upcoming trips planned?
(3) What are the possible strategies based on these options? (Key deadlines to remember, etc)

Last edited:

ROSALIND7

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I enjoyed it so much . I would love to see more in the future

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Suggestions for topics

(1) Covid-19 impacts to Timeshare Rentals sites Redweek, dvcbyrequest, Vacation Candy, Airbnb,VRBO/Homeaway or Trip Advisor, etc). How did they respond? What are the options for the owner and renter for those who had vacations canceled and those who have upcoming rentals?

(2) Timeshare basic: How to buy a timeshare and how to get rid of a timeshare

(3) Separate sessions for each of the Timeshare Systems represented on the TUG forums covering the basics on how it works, PROs and CONs followed by Q & A.

(4) Separate sessions on specific destinations/area rather than a specific resort.

(5) Free format sessions from time to time (similar to this first one) with panel members who have the highest TUG reaction score - https://tugbbs.com/forums/members/?key=highest_reaction_score

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Thanks for all the ideas. I have these down in OneNote for future polls and ideas. It does look like Marriott is winning the day in this poll.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Suggestions for topics

(1) Covid-19 impacts to Timeshare Rentals sites Redweek, dvcbyrequest, Vacation Candy, Airbnb,VRBO/Homeaway or Trip Advisor, etc). How did they respond? What are the options for the owner and renter for those who had vacations canceled and those who have upcoming rentals?

(2) Timeshare basic: How to buy a timeshare and how to get rid of a timeshare

(3) Separate sessions for each of the Timeshare Systems represented on the TUG forums covering the basics on how it works, PROs and CONs followed by Q & A.

(4) Separate sessions on specific destinations/area rather than a specific resort.

(5) Free format sessions from time to time (similar to this first one) with panel members who have the highest TUG reaction score - https://tugbbs.com/forums/members/?key=highest_reaction_score
Thanks. All great ideas. For #1, it seems that we may need to discuss that one sooner rather than later. Otherwise, it loses some relevance. But the information is always good to know for future consideration or disasters. I may need to make that one the topic of the next livestream following the one this poll is voting for.

As for #5, I can only have them on if they are willing.

Last edited:

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
As for #5, I can only have them on if they are willing.
Of course, I’m assuming for all future sessions, you’ll send a PM asking for participants like you did with me and several others for the first one ;)

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Of course, I’m assuming for all future sessions, you’ll send a PM asking for participants like you did with me and several others for the first one ;)
Typically, I will post in one of the forums looking for people willing to volunteer to participate. If I don't get any or enough interest I will reach out to people through PM. Though sometimes even through PM, people turn me down :( Perhaps they are camera shy.

MissRumphius

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Desert Springs Villas II
How does one know when this occurs and how to access?

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
So specific, if you don’t own Marriott or Wyndham or Mexico, no interest, at least for me. I would consider possibly dual topics in a session, one specific like the lit’s and then a general topic such as how to get good trades, how to get a great week without spending a lot, best travel experiences, etc.

I like this idea of two topics in a session. That way, there might be something for everyone.

BTW, I really enjoyed your first session. Everyone was super helpful and it made me appreciate TUG a lot!

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
How does one know when this occurs and how to access?
We don't have a firm date for the next one yet. A thread will be started in the TUG Lounge about the next stream. I will likely also post a link in this thread. Not sure if Brian will continue to post a link to the thread in the weekly TUG Newsletter, but be sure to read it each week to be sure.

Also, If you have a Google/YouTube account, you can go to the TUG Virtual Meetup Livestreams link in my signature and click the red subscribe button and also click on the notification bell and select "All". That way you should receive alerts 30 minutes before the show is about to start as well as at show time. Of course, you have to be online or on your phone and have alerts configured correctly for YouTube/Chrome.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I like this idea of two topics in a session. That way, there might be something for everyone.

BTW, I really enjoyed your first session. Everyone was super helpful and it made me appreciate TUG a lot!
I will see what I can do. The only problem with two topics is it usually requires different sets of panelists. Even bringing one group together is a bit of a challenge.

dandjane1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Walk (Platinum UDI) Wyndham Access (Platinum trust), Wyndham National Harbor (Platinum UDI), HGVC Deed at Kingsland, HI, HGV Max (Premiere Plus) Trust
If the Wyndham topic wins, I'd like to hear from members if anyone has made use of the "Pathways" exit plan WYN offered for a VERY brief time in 2013.

GJWyn

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Springs, Waikiki Beach Walk
South Shore, Flagstaff
If the Wyndham topic wins, I'd like to hear from members if anyone has made use of the "Pathways" exit plan WYN offered for a VERY brief time in 2013.
+1 on the Pathways, We are thinking about using this, as our travel has changed since our kids are older now. (not because of Covid-19)