• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Poll: Best US Coastal Restaurants and

tmbrit

TUG Member
Reaction score
US Coastline trip-- What not to miss?

This is our Retirement trip!!! After 23 days in Cayman then ........

We will be on a 5 month Harley motorcyle trip end of April along the US Coastline. Short sidetrips????

Starting from Gresham, Oregon to the Oregon Coast, Calif, Arizona and then on to Texas and up the whole coast of Florida. Then onto as far as Virginia or so. Then to Ohio (our birth place)
then to Montana, Canada, Reno (Street Vibrations) and on home to Oregon in Sept.

I have a 3 ring binder with notes and I need your favorite places for us to visit from all the Coastline States!
Thanks, Terri

Last edited:

sultan_sfo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Big Sur

Post Ranch Inn at Big Sur on Calif Hway 1 (if money is no object). Not sure whether they still allow non-guestsfor dinner. Continental / French cuisine. Post Ranch Inn itself is a resort for Rich and Famous (around $400 plus per nite). They will not allow you to enter the resort unless you have a dinner reservation. If the weather is good, the dining room and bar has spectacular views around sunset.

Across Post Ranch Inn, is Ventana Inn which is also well known.

Cheaper but also very pleasant is Nepenthe. All three are within a mile of each other.
/Sultan

tmbrit

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Sultan

Thanks we will check it out. Any more suggestions welcome!

History, places not to be missed, old stand by resturants.

Terri

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Williamsburg Virginia

Pierce's BBQ. Can't be missed. Always in Southern Living's best BBQ restaurants list.

cluemeister

TUG Member
Reaction score
Quick stop

If you just wanted a side trip that maybe took up an hour, we liked the Natural Bridge in Virginia. When we went it was time to stop for lunch anyway, so we pulled in and walked down to the stone arch.

Not something to plan a day around, but a nice interesting side trip with some history to boot.

www.naturalbridgeva.com

jfbookers

TUG Member
Reaction score
N.c. Obx

I would recommend approaching Virginia by the coastal route along N.C. There are a couple of ferries but if you have the time it sure beats I-95. There are numerous good restaurants along the route and I would recommend the Lynnhaven Fish House in Virginia Beach. They just won the best she-crab soup contest in an area that takes it's she crab soup very seriously. Contact me by e-mail if you want other N.C, Williamsburg, or Tidewater VA recommendations.. Yours Jim

tmbrit

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you, thank you

Great suggestions, keep them coming.

Lets get all the coastal states reported in! Oregon to Virgina

(with stops in Az and through New Mexico)

This will be the ride of our life!
Terri

silverfox82

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Charleston, SC

Charleston is a beautiful historic city, the holiday inn is one of the better ones, and Henry's restaurant, across from the market, is excellent. Sounds like a great trip.

Princess Tink

Reaction score
Friendly Fisherman

at St John's Pass (just north of Treasure Island, FL). We really enjoyed the gorgeous beach at Treasure Island. We were lucky enough to stumble on this rest. just north of Treasure Island over the bridge ....they had to serve the best baby lobster tails I've ever tasted in my whole life. Not to mention the alligator my son still talks about to this day.

Laurie

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Sea Captain's House, Myrtle Beach