• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Points Transfer

fishhog

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am a new member/longtime lurker. After tons of reading, I finally bit the bullet and purchased my first timeshare (resell, of course). Anyhow, this deal came with a lot of RCI points. Both the seller and myself filled out all the information and sent the form (and $$$) to RCI. The seller said the transfer from RCI should be quick, as in a matter of days from the time RCI received the paperwork. This was confirmed in a rather dated post I found on this site. Today, I called RCI and they are saying weeks, as in 6 to 8 weeks.

What's a realistic timeframe? I would like to use these points for an upcoming trip and would like to know if it is going to be possible.

:wave:

thanks!

Egret1986

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
My transfer took just over two weeks very recently.

However, I already had an RCI Points account. I think when I originally bought into RCI Points last year that it was about 30 days for the account set up and points transfer.

Jennie

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you and the seller are willing to communicate with each other, the seller may allow you to log into their RCI Points account and place a week (or nights) "on hold". You could then hold a conference call with RCI within 24 hours of placing the hold and have the week confirmed using your credit card to pay for the transaction. It might require a guest certificate (extra cost) but a supervisor should be able to override the charge when you explain that you are actually the new owner of the points being used.

If the seller does not have any other Points in the account (has sold off everything they own) there should be no down-side to doing this during the few weeks transition period. However, if the seller still has other Points in the account, it could be more trouble than it's worth keeping track of which points are being used (different home resorts, different advance preference dates, different expiration dates, etc...).

Good luck and happy vacations to you!