• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Points presentation at Barony

Clark

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grande Ocean
Barony Beach Club
I went to a presentation at Barony for the express purpose of seeing what they were telling people, and to ask about Points Resales.

I have to say the lady doing the presentation did an excellent job (of her job which is to lay out a positive story about the program). If I were her boss, sitting in the room listening to her, I would have given her a good performance appraisal.

One point she made that upset a couple of people in the room was that Destination Points you bought had access to a larger pool of inventory (like units Marriott would otherwise rent) than points from putting your week into the system. That didnt sit well with folks who had joined the Destination Club but had not bought extra points, and to whom "a point is a point"!

At the end, I said I heard that Marriott was going to do something about supporting the resale of Destination Points, and asked what was happening. She said they were "working on that".

I didnt really learn much :=(

puckmanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good morning

her job is to sell points....

Nuff said...

Clark

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grande Ocean
Barony Beach Club
Well, yes -- like I said -- she does a good job of her job --

Doesn't mean I think its a good deal.

Quilter

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
One point she made that upset a couple of people in the room was that Destination Points you bought had access to a larger pool of inventory (like units Marriott would otherwise rent) than points from putting your week into the system. That didnt sit well with folks who had joined the Destination Club but had not bought extra points, and to whom "a point is a point"!

I didnt really learn much :=(

thanks Clark. The guy I had a presentation from at Oceana said something similar about the tour package inventory. He said that when a Trust point owner logs into my-vacationclub they see more inventory than I do as a Legacy owner. Legacy owners get the leftovers (according to him).

puckmanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good Afternoon

Quilter....

Can you PM me the name of your rep.... Sound like the same nonsense I. Heard yesterday.... I think it is an OP sales thing...

I did ask at my sales tour. if I have these 14K inferior points,how can I change them to better points. I was told that I could not and would have to buy some good points... Told him no thanks,would just take the crumbs from my lousy points.....

I did mention,that in 2004 when I bought tommows vacations at today's prices that I would forever have access to new inventory. I was told its a new day a d a new product! I asked "how can I be ure the rules and product won't change again?

No good answer...
Just wil
Have to suffer at the oceanfront balcony contemplating my June of resistor at the cove and next year ski trip all with my yucky legacy enrolled points

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
thanks Clark. The guy I had a presentation from at Oceana said something similar about the tour package inventory. He said that when a Trust point owner logs into my-vacationclub they see more inventory than I do as a Legacy owner. Legacy owners get the leftovers (according to him).

I guess the comeback to this sort of BS would be to offer to do a test. He can search with his trust points and you with your Legacy points for the same resort and see which one produces the better results. How embarrasing it would be if the salesmen didn't own points himself though.

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
I guess the comeback to this sort of BS would be to offer to do a test. He can search with his trust points and you with your Legacy points for the same resort and see which one produces the better results. How embarrasing it would be if the salesmen didn't own points himself though.

Hilarious! I am going to try to remember that one the next time I go on a presentation. :rofl:

Quilter

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score

For this reason it could be interesting to try again.

But wait. . .Oh no, not another 90 mintues:eek: