• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Points about to expire

FunnyFarm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Point @ Poipu, Lawai Beach Resort, MROP/VRI, Worldmark
Any advice for 12k points that will expire by the weekend?
Reservations on-line look like a lock out period is in effect.
Are they (WM) putting any relief policies in place?

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
What is the expiration date of the credits? Credits expire two years (plus 1 month) after they are issued, but you can "park" expiring credits into a reservation and extend their useful life by 12 months. It can be a little tricky and you have to be watchful whenever you cancel a reservation, but it is an alternative if they are about to expire vs have already expired.

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
Reservation lock out is near term reservations. You can make farther out reservations.

Judy

TUG Review Crew: ELITE
TUG Member
Reaction score
According to the worldmark website, "If you have an upcoming reservation at one of the resorts with a check-in date before April 30, we will cancel your reservation for you — you do not need to take any action. Your vacation credits and housekeeping will be returned to your account within 72 hours." What happens if those credits are past their expiration date?

Firepath

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC
If you have an RCI or get one, you can bank them there. I think they will be good for two years.

Judy

TUG Review Crew: ELITE
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you have an RCI or get one, you can bank them there. I think they will be good for two years.

Will RCI accept already expired credits? I would hope that Worldmark would extend the life of expiring credits, given that many of their resorts are closed, but I don't see anything about that in their COVID-19 information statement.

I neglected to make a record of when the credits that are in my reservations are (were) due to expire. Where can I find that at worldmark.com? Worldmark asks that we not call unless we're due to check in within 72 hours.

Firepath

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC
Will RCI accept already expired credits? I would hope that Worldmark would extend the life of expiring credits, given that many of their resorts are closed, but I don't see anything about that in their COVID-19 information statement.

I neglected to make a record of when the credits that are in my reservations are (were) due to expire. Where can I find that at worldmark.com? Worldmark asks that we not call unless we're due to check in within 72 hours.

I doubt they would accept expired credits, but with COVID19, anything is possible. I think WM would first need to make them unexpired before RCI would do anything. You might try calling Customer Care if they are still there.

samara64

TUG Member
Reaction score

Yes, II and RCI will take expired credits. Did it few times.

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Correct. Expired credits may be used for both RCI and II exchanges.
Keep them tied up in a WM reservation until exchange is confirmed.

jeffwill

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluewater, Southwind, Cottages, Coral Sands, Players Club, Branson, Grandview, Silver Lake, and about 950K RCI points.
I had Windham Worldmark @ Reunion cancelled for this week around 10 days ago. It was booked 4 months ago with RCI Exchange TPU points. RCI said they would give $$ credit for exchange fee but my TPU's were now expired so-- tough luck, end of discussion.

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
From the Worldmark by Wyndham home page:
Travel Flexibility: Your Credits Are Safe

You now have expanded booking options to keep your credits safe until you’re ready for your next memory-making journey.

0428-WbW-GIF-Banner-ExandedBooking.gif

Credit & Benefit Options
Expiring credits extensions:

1. If you have vacation credits set to expire, they will not expire until May 15.
  2. This is subject to change as the situation continues to evolve.

Deposit with RCI:
  1. Space bank soon-to-expire credits with RCI and gain an additional two years to travel.

Flexible cancellation policy:
  1. Cancellations with arrivals before May 15, 2020, can be made online without penalty up to 24 hours in advance.
  2. Your credits and housekeeping will be returned to your account within 72 hours.

Courtesy cancellations and refunds:
  1. Reservations with a check-in date before April 30, will automatically be canceled for you.
  2. Your credits and housekeeping will be returned to your account within 72 hours.

FunnyFarm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Point @ Poipu, Lawai Beach Resort, MROP/VRI, Worldmark
Thanks all,
We got that extension notice/info (May 15) from an WM agent when we called reservations recently, (after original post).
We will book what we can and be careful how we change, if we need to change after the expiration date.
I saw no availability in driving distance from Tacoma) WA/OR/ BC, for the summer through Sept.
I expect Fall will fill up quickly as people are forced to push their reservations forward.
That could be a challenge for us all,