• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Pluspartners upgrade

vacas

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
dvc
I have been researching buying into the Wyndham system and would like to know if there is a way to access pluspartners if I bought a resale contract.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
no, that is not an option with resale.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
No, there is not. It is strictly a developer program.

But there is not a lot of true value to PlusPartners. You get the best value for your points when you use them for resort stays. Using them for anything else and you receive a tremendous loss of what you pay in dues for those points. Typically starting at a loss of 40% and can be higher.

vacas

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
dvc
I am mainly trying to find access to some of the RCI resorts. Is it only worth going directly to Wyndham resorts? I found the RCI resort list in the Club Wyndham directory.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
I am mainly trying to find access to some of the RCI resorts. Is it only worth going directly to Wyndham resorts? I found the RCI resort list in the Club Wyndham directory.

RCI membership is included with all Club Wyndham points memberships. It is part of the program fee all members pay.

PlusPartners is something else entirely - it is a developer program that allows you to trade your points for airfare, rental cars, hotel, etc.

https://www.myclubwyndham.com/mycw/...options/cw-travel-options/plus-partners.page?

vacas

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
dvc
There is a point exchange list for renting at RCI resorts in the directory. Does this point cost per night apply to normal members? There are a few resorts in that list I would like to stay at.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
That’s that main thing we don’t have access to in RCI as resale owners - nightly stays. However, it’s not as though every resort in RCI is available regularly on a nightly basis. I own resale so I don’t have access, but perhaps a retail owner here can speak to their experience with nightly stays inventory. Regardless, it’s not worth the buy-in cost.

(We also don’t have access to Points inventory, but we do have access to Weeks inventory. Because I do basically all of my RCI exchanges by ongoing search, I don’t miss the Points inventory at all.)

vacas

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
dvc
What do you mean by points inventory as opposed to weeks? How would I be able to stay at an RCI resort? Is this possible with Wyndham points?

I am looking into probably purchasing around 154k Wyndham points and would mostly be using them for Sun-Thurs stays.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
What do you mean by points inventory as opposed to weeks? How would I be able to stay at an RCI resort? Is this possible with Wyndham points?

I am looking into probably purchasing around 154k Wyndham points and would mostly be using them for Sun-Thurs stays.

You wouldn’t have access to “points” inventory that is available to PlusPartners members through RCI Nightly stays. You would have access to full weeks people deposited. Many of the resorts have both inventories. The big difference between the two, is the points inventory, you can book a single night. The weeks inventory you have to book the full week. You can only book a full week.

I believe there was a time you could purchase membership to Plus Partners, but unless you like spending $800 in maintenance fees for a $200 plane ticket, you’re better off renting those points you would use for the airline ticket, and get significantly more return. I recommend renting to friends and family because they are the easiest to deal with.

Even if you could use Plus Partners for plane tickets, you would be wiping out most of your 154,000 points for those airline tickets, and you’d have nothing left to book a room. 154,000 might get you (2) of the Sunday to Thursday vacations you are talking about in a one bedroom. In some places you might not even get one. Before buying anything, consider where you want to go and what you would book with those points. Then determine what the cash value of that same room would be, during the same time you would go. Then compare that cost to the maintenance fees you would be paying. Make sure it’s work the costs before committing to anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bad use of points with Plus Partners.

vacas

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
dvc
Ya I have close to 300 DVC points so I am familiar with breaking down the fees, etc. I am pretty well set for airline tickets as I have several credit cards with points accounts there.

So in summary I would only be able to do 1 week at a time with RCI? I work most weekends so it suits me to stay in resorts Sun-Thurs. Is there a site or anything that shows how many points I need to book with RCI?

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
You wouldn’t have access to “points” inventory that is available to PlusPartners members through RCI Nightly stays. You would have access to full weeks people deposited. Many of the resorts have both inventories. The big difference between the two, is the points inventory, you can book a single night. The weeks inventory you have to book the full week. You can only book a full week.

To clarify, there is also Points inventory that is only available in full-week increments in RCI, but is not available to owners without PlusPartners who only have access to Weeks inventory. From personal observation (or at least, my close following of the sightings forum), an example is DVC inventory in RCI - some of it is Weeks, some of it is Points, but all of it is only one full week at a time - no nightly stays. This is probably splitting hairs in terms of the OP's original question, but I did want to clarify that Points is not synonymous with availability of individual nights.

So in summary I would only be able to do 1 week at a time with RCI? I work most weekends so it suits me to stay in resorts Sun-Thurs. Is there a site or anything that shows how many points I need to book with RCI?

Yes, you'd only be able to book a week at a time with RCI. Though technically, we've booked a full week (typically using RCI's cash vacations rather than exchanges) and then not stayed the entire week - that's a viable option.

It sounds like you managed to find the nightly stays chart on page 262 of the current Wyndham directory. The chart you want for weeklong stays is on page 286.

Last edited:

vacas

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
dvc
Wow thanks! I was actually looking at the 2016 directory which I stumbled across. So my next question is, in order to book a week at an RCI resort, what are the fees usually?

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Wow thanks! I was actually looking at the 2016 directory which I stumbled across. So my next question is, in order to book a week at an RCI resort, what are the fees usually?

$239 booking fee for RCI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
If you primarily want RCI access I'd recommend buying an RCI Points property with low MF. The points program gives you access to nightly stays (but be aware that many resorts charge a housekeeping fee on short stays).

littlestar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club, Marriott & Wyndham pts
We are DVC members who also own Wyndham points. We book directly through Wyndham most of the time instead of exchanging with RCI. We have stayed at Wyndham Waikiki Beachwalk, Wyndham Gatlinburg, Wyndham Panama City, and Wyndham Bonnet Creek and have an upcoming Disneyland trip staying at Wyndham Peacock Suites later this year. We love our resale Wyndham points - we just bought 105,000 more!