• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Plus Points

mbstn6254

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mariott Vacation Club
I found out I have 1,000 points expiring in September. I have had several trips cancelled this year and replaced them with later reservations. I have three coming up in July, August and September. When making the new reservations I thought they would take the points expiring sooner and leave the points expiring later. So now I was told these are "plus" points derived from my idiocy two years ago when I purchased additional points. I just spoke with an agent on chat and she kept repeating how the points should be used and also telling me because they are plus points they cannot be extended. What does one do with 1,000 "plus" points due to expire in September? Any ideas?

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
Have them replace 1000 current use year points used in one of your upcoming ressies with the plus points freeing up the current use year points to be banked foreword.

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
Never assume. If you make reservations online on mvci.com, you can specify which points are used and how many of each. For me, I'd rather have the control than leaving it up to some potential trainee on the phone. Ymmv.

mbstn6254

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mariott Vacation Club
Have them replace 1000 current use year points used in one of your upcoming ressies with the plus points freeing up the current use year points to be banked foreword.
I asked about doing this. The answer was no.

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
We've heard of them allowing points to be replaced before. Maybe you can call again and ask nicely, tell them you feel that they made a bad choice of how to allocate your points, not what you would have wanted.

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
I asked about doing this. The answer was no.
I don’t know if you mean the answer was no because of they are “plus points” but I have never had an agent tell me they couldn‘t/ wouldn’t rearrange my points to use them the way I wanted.
I agree call again or try chat.
Especially since you have cancelled trips they should move them around- I just did it recently ( although just regular points).

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I found out I have 1,000 points expiring in September. I have had several trips cancelled this year and replaced them with later reservations. I have three coming up in July, August and September. When making the new reservations I thought they would take the points expiring sooner and leave the points expiring later. So now I was told these are "plus" points derived from my idiocy two years ago when I purchased additional points. I just spoke with an agent on chat and she kept repeating how the points should be used and also telling me because they are plus points they cannot be extended. What does one do with 1,000 "plus" points due to expire in September? Any ideas?
You should be able to reallocate to an existing reservation, even if you ended up with holding account points you may be better off but in reality you shouldn't. Normally if the reservation is available to make now that matches what you have they want the front line staff to cancel and rebook rather than having them reallocate but they can do it. I'd try again with chat but make sure it's during normal hours. If that isn't successful I'd call in. One word of warning is that the system normally takes the points that will expire first but it does not account for banking or the status of the points.