• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Please welcome new Wyndham Moderator: HitchHiker71

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
With the recent influx of traffic/posts on the Wyndham forum, we reached out to HitchHiker71 and he has graciously accepted the role of moderator on the wyndham forum!

Please make a point to thank them for volunteering to help keep things running smoothly, and please make a point to help ease them into the role by not making life extra difficult while they learn the ropes =)

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Welcome! DM me if you need anything! :clap:

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Great choice! Welcome @HitchHiker71 to your new role! Be sure to invest that paycheck wisely. ;)

Dave

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
With the recent influx of traffic/posts on the Wyndham forum, we reached out to HitchHiker71 and he has graciously accepted the role of moderator on the wyndham forum!

Please make a point to thank them for volunteering to help keep things running smoothly, and please make a point to help ease them into the role by not making life extra difficult while they learn the ropes =)

Thanks very much for reaching out @TUGBrian!

I look forward to the opportunity to be of added service as a moderator here on TUG moving forward. To the many Wyndhamites here on the Wyndham forum - please don’t hesitate to reach out with suggestions on how we can improve the user experience here on the Wyndham forum.

For my part, I want to take a fresh look at the Wyndham forum stickies and ensure we have the right content easily accessible for both new and old TUGGERs alike. Any suggestions along this line, or along any other line, would be most appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
Mahalo for your service. :thumbup:

kaljor

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Nashville
Wyndham CWA
Fairfield Bay
Great to know that there are still people who will volunteer to moderate an internet forum. I always appreciate their efforts and I always neglect to express my appreciation for their work to keep this forum more helpful than hurtful! Thanks guys.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
Thank you for all you were already doing. You and @Richelle have been a tremendous benefit to Wyndham owners through your efforts to improve the Wyndham website. All the mods on TUG do a great job and you will fit right in. I can’t wait to see what you come up with to improve the Wyndham forum.

legalfee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Limetree Resort STT
VRI FoxRun Lake Lure, NC
Thanks very much for reaching out @TUGBrian!

I look forward to the opportunity to be of added service as a moderator here on TUG moving forward. To the many Wyndhamites here on the Wyndham forum - please don’t hesitate to reach out with suggestions on how we can improve the user experience here on the Wyndham forum.

For my part, I want to take a fresh look at the Wyndham forum stickies and ensure we have the right content easily accessible for both new and old TUGGERs alike. Any suggestions along this line, or along any other line, would be most appreciated.

Welcome! Be sure to post your balcony pics on the Wyndham balcony thread!

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Noted: Doing a lot of hard work helping with CW website issues gets one rewarded! With more hard work policing nitwits like me in the forum!

Manzana

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
National Harbor
CWA
Hitchhiker71. Congratulations!!! I appreciate all you do and look forward to seeing some of your ideas put into practice

keno999

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham
Worldmark
Morritt's Grand Tortuga
Very good - Congrats (I think :)).

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
Hitchhiker71. Congratulations!!! I appreciate all you do and look forward to seeing some of your ideas put into practice

Please feel free to share any/all ideas on how we can make the Wyndham forum user experience better. I have no lock on good ideas. I am only one person. :cool:

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Please feel free to share any/all ideas on how we can make the Wyndham forum user experience better. I have no lock on good ideas. I am only one person. :cool:
They make you a mod and you think you can start breaking the rules "Duplicate Post"! :p

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
They make you a mod and you think you can start breaking the rules "Duplicate Post"! :p

I gotta get a new mouse - my current wireless mouse is starting to have issues with the buttons. I deleted the duplicate post.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
@HitchHiker71 Good luck!

Count your blessings. It could have been worse as you could have been made moderator of the COVID-19 forum.

Thanks much!

And thanks but no thanks on the COVID-19 forum. I already have a full time job!

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Welcome and Congratulations (I think). Let me know if I can help you an anyway.

btw, I have always loved your TUG username. It reminds me when I did a lot of hitchhiking in 71-75.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
@HitchHiker71 Good luck!

Count your blessings. It could have been worse as you could have been made moderator of the COVID-19 forum.

He is the COVID forum Moderator - he just doesn't know it yet....

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
Welcome and Congratulations (I think). Let me know if I can help you an anyway.

btw, I have always loved your TUG username. It reminds me when I did a lot of hitchhiking in 71-75.

Thanks for your reply. If you have any ideas on how we can make the Wyndham forum user experience better, I’m all ears so to speak.

My forum handle “HitchHiker” is what I’ve used since forums came to be in the mid 1990s when the internet started really maturing. I probably have had memberships on a hundred forums since that time across a broad range of topics from education to relationships to cars to timeshares. The moniker is somewhat representative of how my interests shift over time. I had also read a series of books by Neil Howe and William Strauss on generational history that classifies generations into four archetypes: prophets, nomads, heroes and artists. Gen X - my generation - is a nomadic generation - so HitchHiker also fit well as an emblem of my generational archetype. Here’s a list of how the generations match up to the archetypes:

a0008ecc69496c5c0feef6cf83ac47d7.jpg

I’m not associated with the Lifecourse website in any way but this was the website that popped up on my Google search when looking for this info just now.