• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Please post here when you receive your stimulus check..

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
It might be insightful to see if a pattern can be discerned....
State and date received please.
Also, what (generally speaking of course) are you doing with the money? Pay a bill? Invest it?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
DW already spent some of it and we don't even have it yet. I think they said they would start direct deposits the week of the 13th. I just e-filed our 2019 federal returns, though our 2018 would have still had us qualifying. We will probably toss a $2000 of it in savings and spend what is now left of the rest.

Last edited:

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I've read the first batch may arrive in accounts by this weekend. Those would be people who filed 2018 or 2019 tax return and have EFT info on file (so must have had a refund). I'm not expecting to be in that group because I owed money and didn't enter bank account info.

I'm expecting to be in the next batch of direct deposits -- people who receive social security by direct deposit.

So, here's what I am wondering. How will they know those people receiving social security who have already received a check. Or perhaps the batch from IRS will sort out any returns who included social security income?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I've read the first batch may arrive in accounts by this weekend. Those would be people who filed 2018 or 2019 tax return and have EFT info on file (so must have had a refund). I'm not expecting to be in that group because I owed money and didn't enter bank account info.

I'm expecting to be in the next batch of direct deposits -- people who receive social security by direct deposit.

So, here's what I am wondering. How will they know those people receiving social security who have already received a check. Or perhaps the batch from IRS will sort out any returns who included social security income?
I suspect they will reconcile the second batch to the first. If you received a check in the first batch, they will remove you from the second if you also fell in to that batch.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
I just spent about 25% on a brake job for our car, 50k miles and brake pads were down to 4 mm.

Refund by DD, expect to be in the first wave, I efiled Feb 1st.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Americans could start receiving stimulus checks starting on April 9

Millions of taxpayers will begin receiving the extra money to pay rent, groceries and other bills next week, or possibly as early as Thursday or Friday, some say.

The first group also would include Social Security beneficiaries who filed federal tax returns that included direct deposit information, according to an alert put out today by U.S. Rep. Debbie Dingell, D-Mich. Dingell's announcement said the expectation is that the first direct deposits would hit in mid-April, likely the week beginning April 13.

Here's something you need to know: "For security reasons, the IRS plans to mail a letter about the economic impact payment to the taxpayer’s last known address within 15 days after the payment is paid. The letter will provide information on how the payment was made and how to report any failure to receive the payment. If a taxpayer is unsure, they’re receiving a legitimate letter, the IRS urges taxpayers to visit IRS.gov first to protect against scam artists."

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you don't "need" it (and it seems like many TUGgers don't,) may I recommend that you consider donating it to one of your local nonprofits, which will put it to immediate use in your local community, supporting those that are not only immediately impacted, but their own employees that are on the front lines every day as well? I just heard a story from our local senior services org that someone dropped off their $1,200 in cash....and made the entire org's day. Nonprofits are shifting their service delivery and business model in a whirlwind, while still providing essential services in a way that tries to keep everyone as safe as possible. They are all stepping up as best they can, and every little bit will help determine if they are around on the backend of this thing.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Not going to be getting one.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
We are not getting one.

Brett

Reaction score
If you don't "need" it (and it seems like many TUGgers don't,) may I recommend that you consider donating it to one of your local nonprofits, which will put it to immediate use in your local community, supporting those that are not only immediately impacted, but their own employees that are on the front lines every day as well? I just heard a story from our local senior services org that someone dropped off their $1,200 in cash....and made the entire org's day. Nonprofits are shifting their service delivery and business model in a whirlwind, while still providing essential services in a way that tries to keep everyone as safe as possible. They are all stepping up as best they can, and every little bit will help determine if they are around on the backend of this thing.

That's a good idea (and it could be tax deductible)
I wish there was a relief check for the big drop in my stock brokerage account :cry:

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
We'll donate it to my SS who's job managing a restaurant went poof.
No telling if or when his job will be back.

Last edited:

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
There’s a provision in the $2 trillion stimulus package signed into law last week that lets non-itemizers take up to a $300 above-the-line charitable income tax deduction for cash donations made in 2020. For those who take the standard deduction, this means that if you give $300 to charity, you’d get the $300 tax break in addition to the standard deduction ($12,400 for individuals and $24,800 for married couples filing jointly). It’s good news for both givers and charities—which need every penny they can get during the crisis.

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
We plan to spread half of it among various arts organizations.

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
"We, too, born to freedom, and believing in freedom, are willing to fight to maintain freedom. We, and all others who believe as deeply as we do, would rather die on our feet than live on our knees."
Franklin D. Roosevelt

sue1947

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark and VI
There are lots of wonderful charities out there. However, I challenge each of you to spend this money on your local small business that had to close. Buy meals at a restaurant and deliver to hospital/fire station etc. Pay the amount you would have normally paid to whichever business you frequent; the person who cuts/colors your hair, cleans your house, the bookstore you stop at etc. Help keep those businesses afloat.

Sue

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
There are lots of wonderful charities out there. However, I challenge each of you to spend this money on your local small business that had to close. Buy meals at a restaurant and deliver to hospital/fire station etc. Pay the amount you would have normally paid to whichever business you frequent; the person who cuts/colors your hair, cleans your house, the bookstore you stop at etc. Help keep those businesses afloat.

Sue
I donated to our local food bank and I've bought gift certificates for places where I get services like facials and massages. Although it's not local I even bought a gift certificate from Pacific Whale Foundation to use for future whale watches. We also outright paid the folks who do our housecleaning.

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
Just read a story on CNBC suggesting stimulus deposits have started....

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I still didn't even get my NYS tax refund yet!

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
I still didn't even get my NYS tax refund yet!
We haven't even filed. With the extension to July 15 we told our accountant there was no rush. Most likely we will have to pay.

And with the IRS being responsible for both the stimulus checks and refunds, good luck.

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
We won't get one, but DS should.
He only just filed his tax return last weekend tho', so doubt he'll get it soon. He wouldn't qualify base d on 2018 return cause he had no income that year.

SusanRN

TUG Member
Reaction score
Stimulus check was "pending deposit" in my checking account 4/10 (Friday) at 11PM. I expect it to credit on Monday 4/13. I e-filed February 4th with my bank account listed for refund. Putting small amount in savings, most to bills I've run up during SAH for buying-in-advance (mini-hoarding) and getting curbside pick-up!
Susan

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Stimulus check was "pending deposit" in my checking account 4/10 (Friday) at 11PM. I expect it to credit on Monday 4/13. I e-filed February 4th with my bank account listed for refund. Putting small amount in savings, most to bills I've run up during SAH for buying-in-advance (mini-hoarding) and getting curbside pick-up!
Susan
Winner, winner chicken dinner!!!

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
If and when we do get ours we are giving it to our son who got laid off.

He will get one also but who knows when because ironically he was not able to get his tax refund via direct deposit this year for the first time due to some crazy glitch in Tax Act.

So his will be paper unless he is able to use the IRS portal to put in his information when it is up and running. He might be better off leaving well enough alone and just waiting for the check in the mail.

Last edited: