• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Please post all Coronavirus/Vistana discussions in this thread - thank you!

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV and SVV, Wyndham Canterbury, Wyndham Flagstaff
My sons college extended spring break to two weeks. He called and asked if I can get him another week in hawaii. I hope more people cancel so I can get him a nice unit for his second week of spring break .

zjhasan1976

Reaction score
Just an update - They are waiving cancellation fees as on today. They told me that I could book for the remainder of 2020 or bank points by July 1.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
I thought the star option restrictions were being removed as long as you called and did it over the phone

Is this a stated policy by Vistana - if so, where?
I would like to put off our decision whether or not to cancel our June WSJ trip. Our 60-day cancellation window is approaching fast and don’t want to depend on hearsay (or verbally via a Vistana Rep) vs. a published notice by Vistana, and then have the SOs restricted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Is this a stated policy by Vistana - if so, where?
I would like to put off our decision whether or not to cancel our June WSJ trip. Our 60-day cancellation window is approaching fast and don’t want to depend on hearsay (or verbally via a Vistana Rep) vs. a published notice by Vistana, and then have the SOs restricted.

It’s the same direction from each rep I spoke to and others have here as well. The direction is you must call in to do it. As of now the wait times are two hours. Earlier they just said sorry we can’t answer your call now due to call times Call back later. No official policy out.

zjhasan1976

Reaction score
It’s the same direction from each rep I spoke to and others have here as well. The direction is you must call in to do it. As of now the wait times are two hours. Earlier they just said sorry we can’t answer your call now due to call times Call back later. No official policy out.
Yes, that's the vibe I got too. They are changing policies as the situation changes. Per the rep, if I had called yesterday, I would have been charged $75 in cancellation fees and would not be allowed to bank.

DanCali

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana, Marriott, DVC
Called today and was told the same thing - cancelation fee waived but Staroptions will be restricted. Policy changed from yesterday to today.

Last edited:

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)

Thanks.
Again- I am nervous of having to wait, without official statement (for better or worse), and find out the policy changed.

Right now our ailing elders may or may not make it to June (being cared for). I am inclined to cancel at 60 days without official statement. With official statement, I can hold off and wait and see if the inevitable occurs by then or not.

We planned to go - and plane tix prices are decreasing . Fortunately I held off buying early like I have for years. But, WSJ VGV Gold SOs are very expensive, and so is the trip from NorCal - as well as STJ.
And no Hospital on STJ, and limited health resources in USVI - so the decision may be moot based on healthcare capacity (flattened curve hypothesis).

An official position by Vistana would allow me to keep reservation, and see what happens during this exponential phase of Covid-19, to decide later and not based on some loose policy.

VISTANA - are you listening?

pchung6

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN-OF, SVVx3, SBP, MKO-OV, MWR
I have 3 weeks of Hawaii reservation, back to back to back week in June/July, that I have to cancel soon. I really feel bad to let these go because it was such big efforts to reserve 3 weeks in the row. I've purchased eplus so I can extend two weeks for another year, that is the only good news. I will probably have to forfeit another week because it was via SFX (I will call and ask before 60 days). I'm not sure how bad this circumstance will hurt timeshare and travel industry going forward if they still can survive and we survive. I would just say let's be reasonable to Vistana/MVC/Interval's accommodation. If that's the best Vistana/Interval can do, I will just take my share of responsibility and we all move forward from it.

SMHarman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yup got that email along with at least 20 other CEOs of other companies feeling obliged to send a pointless email with COVID-19 in the subject and basically just saying their monitoring it. Glad to see it’s business as usual as it should be.
You win best post of the day.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Anyone else getting this message? They make you call to cancel reservations to remove restrictions and waive fees. Why can’t they set that online? I would think it’s an easy code to add? They just aren’t even answering the phone.

sb2313

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a reservation to cancel that the account isn’t linked properly by vistana online so I have to call in and cancel.ive been trying since yesterday.nothing, very frustrating.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
We just cancelled and were told that the options are restricted and we need to use them by the EOY and cannot bank them. I am pissed
Really? Then that’s not removing restrictions I was told they can be banked.

sb2313

TUG Member
Reaction score
For those that got through today, what time did you call? I have been calling all day, but Ive been at work so I couldn't sit on hold and now i've been on hold for 2 hours. As they close in just half an hour, I assume I'll be back at it in the morning so just curios when was good to call.

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
I tried calling a couple times today and couldn’t even be on hold since the lines were overloaded. Need to try another time.

We have a trip to WSJ for late April, so aren’t sure what we are going to do. Since the healthcare of St John and St Thomas doesn’t appear to be very good, if available at all, that may push it to cancel. It would be nice if Vistana would have a set policy, so we all know what our options are. I know MVC has a known policy for points reservations.

Best regards.

Mike

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Anyone else getting this message? They make you call to cancel reservations to remove restrictions and waive fees. Why can’t they set that online? I would think it’s an easy code to add? They just aren’t even answering the phone.

Yes, same thing here. Hopefully I can get through soon. Good luck.

Best regards.

Mike

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Yes, same thing here. Hopefully I can get through soon. Good luck.

Best regards.

Mike
Ugh they called me back but my phone did one of those half rings then sent to VM I was so mad. I’m hearing you can’t bank the points? I was told restrictions removed

mauitraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ugh they called me back but my phone did one of those half rings then sent to VM I was so mad. I’m hearing you can’t bank the points? I was told restrictions removed
Hope you are able to get through to them soon. I was under the impression that the restrictions are removed, if you agree to pay the $75 cancellation fee. If you choose not to pay the fee, then the restrictions remain. Good luck to you!

Last edited:

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Hope you are able to get through to them soon. I was under the impression that the restrictions are removed, if you agree to pay the $75 cancellation fee. If you choose not to pay the fee, then the restrictions remain. Good luck to you!
I called today and they waived both.

lily28

TUG Member
Reaction score
After got thru after 40 min holding but I was told cancel free but with restriction or pay the fee w no restriction. I choose the latter but their payment system down. So can’t cancel 3/26 to harborside and need to call them back next week

Markus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WLR, WKV, WDW
I called yesterday to cancel a WKV check in for today, the fee was waived and the SO were put back in my account un restricted with the platinum week entitlements; availability to book week in season, bank and convert to Bonvoy points.

markus

lily28

TUG Member
Reaction score
Update. I called again and payment machine is still down. Now I was told that vistana changes the policy today. Will waive fee with restricted staroptions and will not give option to pay fee to have unrestricted option
This is so bad that I have been calling multiple time since yesterday, and vistana keep changing policy and not to owners’ best interest

jordathyspg

Reaction score
When we called Thursday to cancel for this week we had the choice to pay the fee and have unrestricted options, OR have the fee waived and receive restricted staroptions. Seems like they keep flip flopping on the policy. Considering airlines were waiving all change fees the $75 seemed chintzy, but we were still glad to get the unrestricted options.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
When we called Thursday to cancel for this week we had the choice to pay the fee and have unrestricted options, OR have the fee waived and receive restricted staroptions. Seems like they keep flip flopping on the policy. Considering airlines were waiving all change fees the $75 seemed chintzy, but we were still glad to get the unrestricted options.
So this morning I called and was told I had to pay, I said I spoke to an agent yesterday and they only cancelled one reservation not both (I had two reservations for multiple rooms). I also said it was no fee plus no restrictions. This agent said no they would be restricted but “I will go ahead and remove the restrictions” I said oh my thank you so much. So I didn’t pay anything and had all of my options unrestricted. I plan on banking them and bringing them to next two years. Already booked two new weeks in the summer. Hopefully this blows over by mid April.

botham

TUG Member
Reaction score
My wife and I were due to fly to Cancun, via Miami, this week for our first stay at Lagunama, followed by a few days at our HR, Vistana, but the travel ban from UK to USA has put paid to that vacation. Now I’ll try and transfer the book to next Novembe.