• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Please post all Coronavirus/Vistana discussions in this thread - thank you!

vistana101

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV (x2)
This experience completely takes me out from ever buying another timeshare with them, and I look forward to bringing that up next time we're at a sales presentation. Poor customer service and vastly different from what Marriott International has offered.

farsighted99

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Nanea (Maui)

Pipercub925

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm curious if anyone has knowledge of how VacationCandy is addressing cancellations from the renter's side. I've received a notice requesting (expecting) a full refund of rental fees received for a rental that checks in on 3/28. I'm curious if anyone knows if VC is returning all fees to the renter, including VC's listing fees.
I received what looked like a generic type letter from VC with a paragraph stating why they can cancel, and asking that their payments be returned. I too have the question, will they be returning renter fees back to their renter? I have emailed them asking that they email me back a copy of where in the contract this information was. They, VC, did filled out my contract, which states, no refunds, but under the circumstances, I would really like to work with the renter to try and rebook, even though it would probably have the 60 day restriction on it. I don't want anyone to loose out on their money, and not get anything for it. I have not heard back from VC as of yet.

grgs

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, WLR, So Cal Beach Club
They, VC, did filled out my contract, which states, no refunds, but under the circumstances, I would really like to work with the renter to try and rebook, even though it would probably have the 60 day restriction on it.

I would also have been happy to have worked with them on a rebooking, if that's what they had asked about. However, there was no way I was going to cancel the reservation, without their agreement. Then they could have said that I failed to provide the agreed upon accommodations.

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
We own timeshare in a lot of systems. For all the bad mouthing Wyndham gets they are treating their owners much better. Cancel up to 24 hrs before check in through May 15 and have all points/credits returned without restrictions.

We will see how it goes when people begin booking and it’s hard to reserve anywhere.

SMHarman

TUG Member
Reaction score
We own timeshare in a lot of systems. For all the bad mouthing Wyndham gets they are treating their owners much better. Cancel up to 24 hrs before check in through May 15 and have all points/credits returned without restrictions.

We will see how it goes when people begin booking and it’s hard to reserve anywhere.
It's gonna be impossible.

All the dates for these restricted SO are allready open for unrestricted SO

critterchick

TUG Member
Reaction score
the message from WKORV is "we are asking all Owners and guests currently in Hawaii to strongly consider immediately returning home."

Seems like they want you to cut your stay short without compensation. Looks like that is the MVC / Vistana way.

Anyone else holding off cancelling to see if the policy changes?

We are. We have flights on April 9 and 25; 2 days were booked at Koloa Landing. They called DH yesterday to ask if he know about the quarantine, and he told them we are cancelling, which we did today. Since that was a Bonvoy redemption, the points are already back in his account.

I got an email from Hawaiian Air saying there is a 14-day quarantine for all people flying into Hawaii.... so I doubt you can actually go there now. https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...4-day-quarantine-for-those-entering-the-state

The quarantine is for 14 days or the length on one’s stay, whichever is shorter. The only bar to getting on island is flights - Hawaiian are stopping all but one LAX-HNL flight daily and on the news this morning I saw a story that the US carriers are considering a complete shutdown for awhile.

It truly boggles my mind that Marriott/Vistana are taking such a hard line. To close their resorts to non-owners while forcing owners into a Hobson’s choice is unconscionable. We are going to rebook for June; the rep I spoke with yesterday said that, because we made a home resort reservation (at WPORV), we can still deposit with II. We already own enough to stay for 8-12 weeks per year, depending on the resort, so the last thing we need to do is deposit. I would even take the Bonvoy points over that.

We have friends who are currently on island and have been there for two weeks. They were moving from a Marriott to an independent TS on the North Shore. The independent have asked them not to come, and Marriott will not allow them to extend their stay, even though they are owners and have the points to do it.

Would somebody please share the email addresses for the messages they are sending? Thanks!

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX

mttanner

Reaction score
@Vistana twitter responded a short while ago that "If you cancelled due to travel restrictions, you will be able to use the Star Options through December 31, 2021. You may book 120 day before travel" I asked for clarification since it was not published on the website yet and was told "This is a new update and will take time to reflect on all outlets"

So time will tell in next day or so? Wishful thinking...

rubbernyc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WPORV
WKORV-NN
Bella
@Vistana twitter responded a short while ago that "If you cancelled due to travel restrictions, you will be able to use the Star Options through December 31, 2021. You may book 120 day before travel" I asked for clarification since it was not published on the website yet and was told "This is a new update and will take time to reflect on all outlets"

So time will tell in next day or so? Wishful thinking...
I literally just got off the phone with owner services and still no changes there. 60 restriction in effect.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
I need to cancel a couple days in May....I'm holding out to see if they change to unrestricted, but I doubt they will.
We are waiting also to cancel our April Hawaii reservation but don't hold out much hope. It seems other companies are being more receptive. We had been considering buying with Marriott but I have lost all respect for the company

Angelsfanjb

Reaction score
We are waiting also to cancel our April Hawaii reservation but don't hold out much hope. It seems other companies are being more receptive. We had been considering buying with Marriott but I have lost all respect for the company

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM!! I own at St. John, and I hate Vistana now!! They obviously do not care about their owners or the safety of people in the states people will be traveling to. Every other travel business cares about their customers. It is obvious the leadership at Vistana/Marriott is more concerned about their own profits. I wish I did not own with this horrible uncaring company. I like you want to cancel, and they are restricting my options which causes issues with airfare etc. STAY AWAY From them. I will tell everyone I know about how they are responding. You see a companies true colors during crisis. I would rate their response with a big F!! Good luck to everyone, and stay safe!!

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM!! I own at St. John, and I hate Vistana now!! They obviously do not care about their owners or the safety of people in the states people will be traveling to. Every other travel business cares about their customers. It is obvious the leadership at Vistana/Marriott is more concerned about their own profits. I wish I did not own with this horrible uncaring company. I like you want to cancel, and they are restricting my options which causes issues with airfare etc. STAY AWAY From them. I will tell everyone I know about how they are responding. You see a companies true colors during crisis. I would rate their response with a big F!! Good luck to everyone, and stay safe!!
Even Diamond is returning points unrestricted with no penalty

SVOForever

TUG Member
Reaction score
Indeed I see the Tweet that says they are enacting some sort of compromise ... extending the usage for a year to end of 2021, and doubling the lead time to 120 days from 60 days. Will make things a ton lot easier for sure. What I'll be curious about is (1) how the heck they code that in the system and can track that and (2) what counts in this bucket - for example, Hawaii for sure, but what if you have simply say a week in Orlando, or South Carolina in the next 2 months, technically I think you can still go ... will that be the new policy, or the old one... or if you are trying to get to Cancun or Bahamas and there simply are not flights. I can't see how anything other than everything in the next 60 days counts ... ? ... time will tell.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Some relatively good news (for SF Bay Area) and value of SAH/SIP.

We are at Day 10 of SAH here in SF Bay Area. Compliance has been excellent considering. I would recommend the same if your area has not already, and insist it from your leadership.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

critterchick

TUG Member
Reaction score

We are at Day 10 of SAH here in SF Bay Area. Compliance has been excellent considering. I would recommend the same if your area has not already, and insist it from your leadership.

That is excellent news - keep it up! I think that the knuckleheads that flocked to our So Cal beaches are finally getting the message.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Wonderful to hear some positive news!!!

rubbernyc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WPORV
WKORV-NN
Bella
I was told on the phone just now that the 120 day window and 12/21 expiration is in effect, it will take time to reflect on line. I will cancel my 3 hawaii trips now.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I was told on the phone just now that the 120 day window and 12/21 expiration is in effect, it will take time to reflect on line. I will cancel my 3 hawaii trips now.
How does that work? For example the points we used for Hawaii were borrowed from 2021. Do they now expire Dec 31. Can you book 120 days out on Dec 31 so a Feb reservation or do you need to book so your stay ends Dec 31. Sorry to be so clueless. We are good are borrowing ahead but have not had experience with cancelling.