• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Please help me with pricing to sell Hilton Hawaii Kohala?

DaniB

Reaction score
Hello,

I am new here. The last kid is about to leave for college and my husband and I won't travel to resorts anymore.

Could people give me an idea of a realistic selling price for Kohala - Hawaii by Hilton Grand Vacations? It is a Platinum with 7000. 2Br 2Bth 12600 points saved for next year. Or 7000 for this year and the rest for the next year. The deed is paid off and has no behind fees.

I took a look at current ads and did not find anything that matched. I don't want to put an ad and keep paying the ad because my price is too off.

Thanks for the help,
Daniele

Last edited:

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Here are some resale asking prices for Kohala Suites.

It sounds like you might have :unsure:.
- 5,600 Saved points from 2020 (expiring on 12/31/2021)
- 7,000 points from 2021 (expiring on 12/31/2021)
- 7,000 points coming in 2022

For 7,000 annual week in Platinum Season at Kohala Suites, I’m guessing no more than $1/point ($7k) plus reimbursement of 2021 and 2022 maintenance fees. A lower price will move it quicker.

Good Luck and Welcome to TUG :)

Last edited:

DaniB

Reaction score
Thank you for taking the time to help me out. I have attached a picture of what I have as the point goes. I think I would be very happy selling for 7K plus reimbursement of 2021 and 2022 maintenance fees. How much is it usually the transfer fee? Are there any other costs that I should be expecting?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-10-23 at 3.52.01 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-23 at 3.52.01 PM.png
    73 KB · Views: 75

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Thank you for taking the time to help me out. I have attached a picture of what I have as the point goes. I think I would be very happy selling for 7K plus reimbursement of 2021 and 2022 maintenance fees. How much is it usually the transfer fee? Are there any other costs that I should be expecting?
How did you end up with 7,800 points in 2021 when your annual allotment is 7,000 points? Do you own another deeded week with HGVC?

See the TUG thread below. It covers the process and various fees.

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Could people give me an idea of a realistic selling price for Kohala - Hawaii by Hilton Grand Vacations? It is a Platinum with 7000. 2Br 2Bth 12600 points saved for next year. Or 7000 for this year and the rest for the next year. The deed is paid off and has no behind fees.
Something doesn't look right (or different from what you think) on your point totals. You have 3 different amounts from 2021 (7800pts)/2022 (6200 pts) /2023 (7000 pts). If you only own 7000 pt annual Kohala Suites, these should all be 7000 pts. At the bottom of your login pt, you should see your Home Week booking status for 2021/2022. Do you only see 1 Kohala Suites by HGV worth 7000 pts Platinum there?

Last edited:

DaniB

Reaction score
You guys are right. I was thinking about that, and I know what happened. During COVID, I had a reservation to go to Hawaii and canceled. At that time, I had borrowed a bit of point from the following year. When I canceled, the person did not put the points back right. I will be calling Hilton tomorrow to ask them to fix this. They messed up there.

DaniB

Reaction score
How did you end up with 7,800 points in 2021 when your annual allotment is 7,000 points? Do you own another deeded week with HGVC?

See the TUG thread below. It covers the process and various fees.

Thank you! I appreciate everyone's help. Does anyone know if this website is reputable? sellmytimesharenow.com

I talked with them about selling our timeshare, but they want to charge $1,900.00 upfront to sell our timeshare. I didn't go through it because I thought this was very susptcions. They said that people go to the presentations and then search prices of aftermarket and buy from them. They said they could sell out timeshare for 15K, which then again I found too good to be accurate and told them no.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Thank you! I appreciate everyone's help. Does anyone know if this website is reputable? sellmytimesharenow.com

I talked with them about selling our timeshare, but they want to charge $1,900.00 upfront to sell our timeshare. I didn't go through it because I thought this was very susptcions. They said that people go to the presentations and then search prices of aftermarket and buy from them. They said they could sell out timeshare for 15K, which then again I found too good to be accurate and told them no.
If they want an upfront fee, run far far away.

The Colorado Kid

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Riverfront
Christie Lodge
Apollo Park
Grand Timber Lodge
Indian Palms
Massanutten
Park Regency
Valdoro Mountain Lodge
Marriott Surfwatch
I suggest you contact Judi Kozlowski who has expertise in Hilton timeshare resales and from what I can tell is honest and reliable.
Judi Kozlowski <judi@judikoz.com>

DaniB

Reaction score
If they want an upfront fee, run far far away.

Thank you for confirming. That's what I thought, but the lady sounded so convincing, sent all kinds of presentations. Selling this timeshare is overwhelming. Why don't people make money or offer a service that they would charge me a fee, or a percent after selling, during the escrow? Like a realtor? That's what I would love to have now. I would pay a percentage, which gives an incentive for the person to sell my timeshare as expensive as possible. What am I missing here?

DaniB

Reaction score

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
Thank you for confirming. That's what I thought, but the lady sounded so convincing, sent all kinds of presentations. Selling this timeshare is overwhelming. Why don't people make money or offer a service that they would charge me a fee, or a percent after selling, during the escrow? Like a realtor? That's what I would love to have now. I would pay a percentage, which gives an incentive for the person to sell my timeshare as expensive as possible. What am I missing here?

Judi Kozlowski is a great resource. She is an owner and has been in business for many years. She’s also a TUG member. @Judi Kozlowski should be able to help you.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score

They tell you an inflated value, charge an up front listing fee, then let it sit at that inflated value for eternity. They got they want, the listing fee

DaniB

Reaction score
Here are some resale asking prices for Kohala Suites.

It sounds like you might have :unsure:.
- 5,600 Saved points from 2020 (expiring on 12/31/2021)
- 7,000 points from 2021 (expiring on 12/31/2021)
- 7,000 points coming in 2022

For 7,000 annual week in Platinum Season at Kohala Suites, I’m guessing no more than $1/point ($7k) plus reimbursement of 2021 and 2022 maintenance fees. A lower price will move it quicker.

Good Luck and Welcome to TUG :)

After I fix my points distribution I think I will try to sell as you said here. Should I ask the buyer to pay the transfer fees? It seems that is about 1.5K in fees. I would be very happy to just get reimbursement of 2021 fees. I would not even ask for 2022 fees. Also, I have 4800 RCI points saved until the end of next year. Could I pass this one to the buyer too? Are the RCI points connected to our names or the Hilton deed?

DaniB

Reaction score
They tell you an inflated value, charge an up front listing fee, then let it sit at that inflated value for eternity. They got they want, the listing fee

Scumbags! That makes a lot of sense!

By the way, why do I have one point now? What does that mean?

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Selling this timeshare is overwhelming. Why don't people make money or offer a service that they would charge me a fee, or a percent after selling, during the escrow? Like a realtor? That's what I would love to have now. I would pay a percentage, which gives an incentive for the person to sell my timeshare as expensive as possible. What am I missing here?
Yes, Timeshare Resale agents exists. In fact, TUG recommends that you never pay an upfront fee.

Here are the frequently mentioned resale agents. They will collect a percentage after selling.

Judi Kozlowski
judi@judikoz.com
RE/MAX Properties SW, Inc Timeshare Division
www.timesharebrokersmls.com
www.judikoz.com
407-352-5800 ext 325

Diane Nadeau
diane@timesharebrokersales.com
Timeshare Broker Sales
https://www.timesharebrokersales.com/about-us.html
813-541-1114

Carl Thoms
carl@timeshare-resale.com
Paradise Timeshare Resale
http://timeshare-resale.com/

Syed Sarmad
syed@advantagevacation.com
Advantage Vacation
https://advantagevacation.com

After I fix my points distribution I think I will try to sell as you said here. Should I ask the buyer to pay the transfer fees? It seems that is about 1.5K in fees. I would be very happy to just get reimbursement of 2021 fees. I would not even ask for 2022 fees. Also, I have 4800 RCI points saved until the end of next year. Could I pass this one to the buyer too? Are the RCI points connected to our names or the Hilton deed?
Typically the buyer pays all of the fees (closing, transfer, estoppel, etc) and the seller pays the commission out of their proceeds. A sell will not happen quickly. There are more sellers than buyers. So it’s best to bank your 2021 points into 2022. Depending on the timing you may need to pay your 2022 maintenance fee as well to avoid any late fees. A resale agent will work with you to determine the right asking price based on how quickly you want to make the sale.

Your RCI points are tied to your HGVC account. In the thread below, HGVC states RCI points are lost.

Good Luck :)

Last edited:

DaniB

Reaction score
Yes, Timeshare Resale agents exists. In fact, TUG recommends that you never pay an upfront fee.

Here are the frequently mentioned resale agents. They will collect a percentage after selling.

Judi Kozlowski
judi@judikoz.com
RE/MAX Properties SW, Inc Timeshare Division
www.timesharebrokersmls.com
www.judikoz.com
407-352-5800 ext 325

Diane Nadeau
diane@timesharebrokersales.com
Timeshare Broker Sales
https://www.timesharebrokersales.com/about-us.html
813-541-1114

Carl Thoms
carl@timeshare-resale.com
Paradise Timeshare Resale
http://timeshare-resale.com/

Syed Sarmad
syed@advantagevacation.com
Advantage Vacation
https://advantagevacation.com

Typically the buyer pays all of the fees (closing, transfer, estoppel, etc) and the seller pays the commission out of their proceeds. A sell will not happen quickly. There are more sellers than buyers. So it’s best to bank your 2021 points into 2022. Depending on the timing you may need to pay your 2022 maintenance fee as well to avoid any late fees. A resale agent will work with you to determine the right asking price based on how quickly you want to make the sale.

Your RCI points are tied to your HGVC account. In the thread below, HGVC states RCI points are lost.

Good Luck :)

Thanks so much! You are a lifesaver. I really appreciate everyone that took the time to answer my questions, offer advice, and guide me through this process. My family is grateful for people like you all here.