• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Please advise (I still have time to rescind)

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Question- As long as the certified mail is postmarked within the 5 day recession period, am I ok even if it takes the letter 2 weeks to actually be delivered?

Yes. That's why we recommend sending it certified mail with a receipt requested. You can keep the receipt to show that you mailed it within the rescission period.

nando_7

Reaction score
Perfect. FedEx certified signature required takes 2 weeks(even at $70). Wanted to make sure that wouldn't put me outside of the 5 day recision period.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace 2 weeks 2 bedroom suite
Here is a quote from the Profeco brochure:

"By law, you have five business days to cancel the contract after you have signed it. If you decide to cancel the purchase within this period, notify the developer by email and certified mail. Keep the receipt as evidence you cancelled on time."

I hope the OP was able to hand deliver her rescission letter while she was still on the property as an additional means of notifying the developer as the email address she was given may or may not be the correct one. However, if she also sends her letter by certified mail so that she has the receipt from the post office showing that she did so within the five days, hopefully that will be enough to satisfy the credit card co. to reverse the charges.

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Congrats on finding TUG.

Don't forget to relax and enjoy the rest of your vacation. If you like timesharing, take some time--once you're home--and decide what is right for you!
This site is full of ideas, advice and experts who'll be happy to help you find your perfect vacation (own/buy/rent etc....) and help you avoid the pitfalls and traps.

If you decide you still want Cabo.....It'll still be there in 2 weeks, 2 months or 2 years. Your timing is very funny....I had a friend chat with me last night about P-B Sunset as well. Small world.

Cheers!

Hooper23

Reaction score
Looks like Pueblo Bonito is still running this scam! What is the fasted and most effective way to cancel the contract for a full refund? THANK YOU in advance any and all help. We are quickly approaching the 5 day deadline. Wish I would have found this forum before visiting Mexico!

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Looks like Pueblo Bonito is still running this scam! What is the fasted and most effective way to cancel the contract for a full refund? THANK YOU in advance any and all help. We are quickly approaching the 5 day deadline. Wish I would have found this forum before visiting Mexico!
Are you still in Mexico or are you back in the US?

If you are back in the US, prepare a simple letter stating that you wish to rescind your purchase agreement and expect to have all money you paid refunded per Mexican law that gives you five days to rescind. Then you send the letter to Pueblo Bonito at the address on your contract. You need to have proof that you sent it within the five-day rescission period & that can be accomplished by sending it certified mail.

If you are still in Mexico others have reported success by hand delivering your rescission letter to the sales office and getting someone to sign your copy indicating receipt of the letter with the date you presented it. Since it's Sunday there likely won't be anyone in the office to receive it. You'll have to give it to them Monday.

Here's a link to Profeco: https://www.profeco.gob.mx/revista/publicaciones/otas_pub_06/timeshares_abr06.pdf

Last edited:

Hooper23

Reaction score
Thank you for the information.I sent an email and plan to go by Sunset tomorrow. Do I need to talk to the members of Sunset or the sales team?

Hooper23

Reaction score
Just reread your message. Looks
like it is a good idea to get a signed letter by the sales tea and a member of the Sunset management.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
If there is an owners dept. or something like that, maybe customer service, they might be able to help you better. Bear in mind that if you approach the sales people they will probably try to talk you out of rescinding or act like you can't do so. You absolutely can rescind--it is your right under Mexican law.

Don't take no for an answer. Keep demanding to see someone who can take care of your rescission.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Wow - personally, I would hate to go back into the lion's den. My first choice would be to use a trackable delivery system in Mexico.

Hooper23

Reaction score
Sadly, everyone acts clueless. Even when I asked for the general managers email the guy acted like he didn't know who she was, not even her name. He gave us a falsified guy's name and email who doesn't even exist.

Hooper23

Reaction score
The only trackable system is email, it seems. But it has been a chore getting email addresses for the parties we need to contact on site at Sunset. An email was sent to Profeco so hopefully that fixes this issue quickly.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Just 5 days - and it's the postmark of the day you mail it - not the day they receive it.

I would not email it - I would go to the post office, UPS, FedEx or whatever they have in Mexico and mail a signed letter.

Do not expect help from these people - they will only delay the process until it is too late.

***By the time you hear from Profeco, it will be too late to rescind - don't wait to hear from them.

Last edited:

Hooper23

Reaction score
Thanks for clarifying that. Do I mail it to the resort or the address on the back of the contract, in Arizona, I believe.

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Do I mail it to the resort or the address on the back of the contract, in Arizona, I believe.

You should have been provided, in hand, with very clear and specific instructions on your legal right to rescind and the exact process and address by which to do so, right at the time of contract execution. Look through every single piece of paper associated with this purchase. Find those instructions and follow them precisely. Any verbal conversations and / or email correspondence on this contract matter mean absolutely nothing.

The only verbal conversation you should have at this juncture is if you cannot find clear and specific hard copy rescission instructions in your paperwork, in which case (and only if so) you need to march back in and demand to be provided with those cancellation instructions, in writing, as required by law. Tick tock. Every day counts --- there are no "exemptions" or "extensions" for siestas, margueritas, travel time or weekends. If you snooze, you lose.

Hooper23

Reaction score
Thank you Theo for the information! I will look through everything again. I have not been able to find any information on rescission instructions in the paperwork we were given. I will keep looking! If no luck I will go back, I just know they will act like they don't have the information.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wow - personally, I would hate to go back into the lion's den. My first choice would be to use a trackable delivery system in Mexico.
I agree that going back to the sales office isn't wise, but there have been others who have reported on the Pueblo Bonito Owners Facebook page that they were able to successfully rescind their purchase by doing so while still at Sunset Beach. Also, on Profeco's website they say to notify the developer by email and certified mail. I'd do both and not rely on just email.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hooper23, by the time you get back to the US will you still be within your five-day rescission period? The Profeco brochure says the rescission period is five business days so I believe Sunday doesn't count as one of the days but Saturday may--not sure about that. Also, once you've submitted your letter be sure to contact your credit card company and dispute any charges. You might need to provide them with a copy of the rescission letter as well.

Hooper23

Reaction score
Karen, thanks for the info. I will be out of time by the time I get to the states. I have contacted my bank and it seems as though they are on the side of the scammers. I was told it is not a fraudulent charge since I gave permission for them to run my card. I plan to continue to dispute it when I return back to the US. I know other have said email doesn't work, but I did email Profeco, my bank, the sales company and the resort my rescission letter. I don't know what else to do other than go back up there and try to get them to sign it. Which is probably doubtful. I have requested to join the Facebook group, but no response yet. I only say the "unofficial" page.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Karen, thanks for the info. I will be out of time by the time I get to the states. I have contacted my bank and it seems as though they are on the side of the scammers. I was told it is not a fraudulent charge since I gave permission for them to run my card. I plan to continue to dispute it when I return back to the US. I know other have said email doesn't work, but I did email Profeco, my bank, the sales company and the resort my rescission letter. I don't know what else to do other than go back up there and try to get them to sign it. Which is probably doubtful. I have requested to join the Facebook group, but no response yet. I only say the "unofficial" page.
The unofficial Facebook page is the one I referred to. There's a great group of people there with a lot of good information. Go ahead and send a written rescission by a trackable source--best if you can do it right there in Mexico. Maybe if you can find the local post office or Fedex or whatever. Keep trying to get someone at the resort to accept your rescission letter and sign for it. I think there's a business center where you can use their computers to print out your letter. People on the Facebook page have reported they have done so.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Others here on TUG have reported that some credit card providers have a 10-day rescission period on timeshare purchases. I'll look back and see if I can find it.

Hooper23

Reaction score
By chance is there anyone on here that can accept me into the Facebook group? My goal is to talk to talk to someone who has gone through the process and been successful. I saw a post from March in here wher someone was able to get help from someone from the Facebook group and seemed to be successful. I sent a message to that person, but no response yet.!

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
The Mexican Post Office, called CORREO will be open today and they have an equivalent to Certified mail that provides tracking and delivery notification. I'd send it to BOTH addresses. Include COPIES (not originals) of the signature pages of your contract (they can copy stuff at the Correo), and BE SURE all signers of the contract sign the rescission letter. Then you can go back to enjoying your vacation.

We wish you'd found TUG before you went to Mexico as well!

Jim

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
By chance is there anyone on here that can accept me into the Facebook group? My goal is to talk to talk to someone who has gone through the process and been successful. I saw a post from March in here wher someone was able to get help from someone from the Facebook group and seemed to be successful. I sent a message to that person, but no response yet.!
I don't know if any of the admins for the Facebook page are regular TUG contributors, but I've moved this entire thread to the Mexico forum where hopefully more folks with Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach experience might find it.