• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Playboy Magazine drops nude photos

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We've been trying to tell women for years.... It's all about the STORIES.

The magazine will adopt a cleaner, more modern style, said Mr. Jones, who as chief content officer also oversees its website. There will still be a Playmate of the Month, but the pictures will be “PG-13” and less produced.

Says the Founder: Mr. Hefner, now 89, but still listed as editor in chief, agreed. As part of a redesign that will be unveiled next March, the print edition of Playboy will still feature women in provocative poses. But they will no longer be fully nude.

Its executives admit that Playboy has been overtaken by the changes it pioneered. “That battle has been fought and won,” said Scott Flanders, the company’s chief executive. “You’re now one click away from every sex act imaginable for free. And so it’s just passé at this juncture.”

More here:
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/pl...et-fills-demand/ar-AAfnWTw?getstaticpage=true

Jim

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
To be completely frank, Mr. Flanders, I think at this point in time your entire magazine is passé. Who even buys print magazines anymore?

It occurs to me: If "the battle has been fought and won" then why change at this point? It's not as if there's a body part that hasn't been portrayed from every angle in the pages of Playboy over the years. What's left to show? And it's not as if there's a lack of willing models.

As to the "one click away" comment: All it takes is one misspelled web link, a fat-fingered typing error, or a two year old playing with the keyboard, and you'll see more "adult" images than you could even imagine. Bunny ears not required.

:shrug:

Dave

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
To be completely frank, Mr. Flanders, I think at this point in time your entire magazine is passé. Who even buys print magazines anymore?

It occurs to me: If "the battle has been fought and won" then why change at this point? It's not as if there's a body part that hasn't been portrayed from every angle in the pages of Playboy over the years. What's left to show? And it's not as if there's a lack of willing models.

As to the "one click away" comment: All it takes is one misspelled web link, a fat-fingered typing error, or a two year old playing with the keyboard, and you'll see more "adult" images than you could even imagine. Bunny ears not required.

:shrug:

Dave

For that matter, news, opinion, and trend can be found with a click of a mouse, too. I haven't touched a print mag in years.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
I might get a non nude Playboy magazine. I was getting Maxim magazine for the last 5 years and liked the manly articles about manly stuff. ;)

I haven't had a Playboy for maybe 38 years. That about when the girlfriend and then wife entered my life.

Bill

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
What is this world coming to? Next thing you know, timeshares won't allow overnight stays.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the magazine needs to be retired.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Note - PlayBoy is getting rid of full nudity - not nudity...

Pens_Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
And in related news, six packs of beer will now come without beer in them.

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
In all seriousness, Playboy really did have some great journalism between glossy's.

Where did that talent go? I, for one, do not parse the inter-webs looking for insightful reading. It just doesn't have the allure for me.

Of course, I'm old.... (according to my kids) :shrug:

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
In all seriousness, Playboy really did have some great journalism between glossy's.

Where did that talent go? I, for one, do not parse the inter-webs looking for insightful reading. It just doesn't have the allure for me.

Of course, I'm old.... (according to my kids) :shrug:

Yep, I agree. I remember using an article as a reference for an English essay on censorship back in my college days. Even got the back issue through the university's library for my research!

Kurt

David M

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Bay Club
HGVC Kings' Land
Without Playboy, we would have never met Hap Kliban:
545ea732fa5d69de1efa0bcf428f962f.jpg

Without Hap Kliban, we would have never understood the true origin of Timeshare salesmen:
BirthOfAdvertising.jpg

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
:hysterical:

omg...

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Back in the day while in college, I wrote a joke that was publish in Playboy magazine.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Back in the day while in college, I wrote a joke that was publish in Playboy magazine.

Is this your joke ?

knock knock

whose there

Jenny Tull

Jenny Tull who

Jenny Tull Warts

:hysterical:

Bill

pwrshift

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Manor Club - 3 weeks platinum, 2 weeks at Marriott Beachplace Towers, and 1 week at Marriott Canyon Villas
Maybe all my past issues of Playboy will increase in value on eBay?

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
Luved Shel Silverstein!

I met Shel out on a walk in Chicago near the home at the time of the Playboy mansion. It was shortly after he won the Outstanding Book Award for 'Where the Sidewalk Ends'. We had a nice chat about the book and he was very gracious.

Very talented poet and writer.

Richard

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Longing for the Innocence of Playboy - by Jennifer Weiner/ Contributing Op-Ed Writer/ Sunday Review/ International New York Times/ The New York Times/ nytimes.com

"YEARS ago, I remember a friend glumly confiding that her then 10-year-old son had gotten completely freaked out. What happened? He’d been at a friend’s house. The boys were around an unsupervised computer, and one of them typed the word “sex” into Google.
Stories from Our Advertisers

“I can’t get him to tell me what he saw,” my friend said. “I’m sure it was awful.”

I’m sure it was, too.

I was thinking about my friend when I read the news that Playboy, the venerable purveyor of celebrity interviews, literary fiction and female nudity, had decided to stop publishing pictures of naked ladies. “You’re now one click away from every sex act imaginable for free. And so it’s just passé at this juncture,” said Scott Flanders, Playboy’s chief executive.

With a once-mighty circulation of 5.6 million now hovering around 800,000, Playboy has been left with no choice but to put on its big-girl panties and try to compete with other glossy lad mags and their versions of the Good Life.

Most men my age, sons of the 1960s and ’70s, have a Playboy story, whether it involved borrowing one of Dad’s copies or sneaking a peek at their local convenience store.

But we ladies grew up with Playboy, too..."

Richard

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Luved Shel Silverstein!

While listening to the radio yesterday, I learned something new about Shel.

The Unicorn Song sung by the Irish Rovers was written by Shel.

Another example of his poetic genius.

Richard

x3 skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
True story. I confess, back in the days of my misspent youth, I once went to the Cincinnati Playboy Club. One of the Bunnies lost the tail from her costume. I managed to smuggle it out and mounted it on a plaque but it was lost in one of the moves around the country.:rolleyes:

Somethings must be experienced to truly understand them. The visit was not one of those. :D

Cheers