• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

playa grande resort

rynker

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
We've just read the latest reviews on www.tripadvisor.com for Playa Grande Resort in Cabo. Some are not favorable at all. Does anyone have any reports later than what's on TUG reviews. We're thinking of going there next spring break. Thanks for any comments.

Deer Path

TUG Member
Reaction score
Reviews for Playa Grande

rynker said:
We've just read the latest reviews on www.tripadvisor.com for Playa Grande Resort in Cabo. Some are not favorable at all. Does anyone have any reports later than what's on TUG reviews. We're thinking of going there next spring break. Thanks for any comments.

I too read the reviews and did not agree with many of them. We just returned from P.G. and loved it as always. We own two weeks there and have also gone through RCI when our family used our unit. As with all resorts there are always times when things do not go as one expects. I usually read reviews on trip advisor too and try to take them with a grain of salt. We also find that if you expect to be treated well and treat others well it works out! :cool:

An example of someone who may not have been very happy happened when we left this time. Our son checked out the night before so not to hurry in the morning as their shuttle was early. Therefore no problems being ready when it came. We checked out a few hours before our shuttle so when it came we were loaded up and waited for another family for at least 20 min. while they waited in line to check out. They were a little upset because they had to wait to be checked out. I guess my only comment is....you can only blame yourself if you did not plan ahead...we feel being on time or ahead of time is very important. One never knows when you might have a glitch!!
We were thankful that they plan to pick us up 3 hours before flight time so we had no problem getting to the airport and checking in on time. (It is about a 45 min. drive to the airport) In November we had similar incident when we had to wait for others and our friends who were with us nearly missed their flight because of a long waiting time to check in at their flight.

We also had a couple of issues with our room and they were taken care of fairly quickly to our satisfaction.

Judy

EJC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, Vacation Internationale, Villa del Palmar, Dikhololo
rynker--Stayed at Playa Grande in September. It is a beautiful resort and the staff was very professional. It is a short walk to the marina and to town. From the marina, you can take a water taxi for appx. $3. or $4. per person to get to Medano Beach, where you can go into the water. Playa Grande is on the Pacific side, so you can't go near the water in front of the resort. The adults only pool nearest to the ocean was a very relaxing spot. The dinner menu was a little more than we wanted to spend some evenings, so they let us use the lunch menu. I appreciated that. We spent several happy hours at the piano bar off the lobby. We had a studio unit. The tilework in the unit was beautiful, and the roomy balcony was a welcome addition. If I had to voice some complaints, there would be two. The futon in the livingroom area was not comfortable to sleep on, and a sewer gas odor was evident from the drain in the bathroom floor (not atypical for Mexico). If you go to the Playa Grande's website, they have some virtual tours that give you a good idea of what to expect. Lastly, you can walk on the beach to either Sol Mar or Finisterra, both timeshare resorts. Had a delicious dinner at Sol Mar one evening. Don't hesitate to book the Playa Grande, but bring lots and lots of money to vacation in Cabo.

Last edited:

rynker

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank You

Unit is booked. I'll trust TUG memebers any day. Thanks very much.

SteveH

TUG Member
Reaction score
We're staying at Playa Grande until Sunday and I believe this is one of the nicest timeshares we have ever stayed in. There can be some difficulty finding chairs around the pool as someone reported on Tripadvisor and this may become more of a problem as the new Ridge development continues to open. That notwithstanding, the rooms are beautifully appointed and the beach is heavenly.
Steve :cool: