• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Platinums

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
I see that at some resorts there are different levels of Platinum seasons. Would the Platinum Plus and Platinum Holiday trade the strongest within the Marriott system? When you own such a Platinum, can you only reserve a unit for that very limited time frame?

Thanks.

mas

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MAR BeachPlace;
Cypress Harbour;
Ocean Watch;
Canyon Villas;
I think for most if not all Platinum Plus owners you can reserve platinum seasons directly through owner services.

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
I think for most if not all Platinum Plus owners you can reserve platinum seasons directly through owner services.

Say I own a Platinum holiday but want to reserve a regular Platinum week or a gold week...can I? In other words, can I always reserve down...just not up...through the Marriott system?

Also, if I reserved a Platinum holiday week and banked it with II, would that receive the strongest trade value for a Marriott?

IngridN

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts: Aruba Surf Club, Grand Chateau, Shadow Ridge
We own Plat + New Years week in Vegas and can also reserve during the platinum season through Marriott. It is my understanding that Plat + owners can only reserve one level down. I could not reserve gold if Vegas had gold season.

Ingrid

Bill4728

Reaction score
Most all Platinum plus weeks are for super high demand weeks (like 4th of July or Xmas & New Years).

Many platinum-plus owners don't exchange since the rental of the super high demand weeks get them so much money. But if they did exchange, II would likely rate them with extremely high trading power.

PS Platinum owners can't reserve weeks outside their own season.

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
We own Plat + New Years week in Vegas and can also reserve during the platinum season through Marriott.
Platinum owners can't reserve weeks outside their own season.
Both statements are correct. It depends on the resort. At some Marriotts, you can exchange to the regular Platinum season and at others you must exchange through an exchange company (or on your own) to get a Platinum season week.

Those Platinum Plus and Platinum Holiday weeks are the ones that Marriott believed would have the highest demand at specific resorts. So, generally, those weeks will trade at least as well as any other week at the resort.

Dewnay

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is the process to reserve a Platinum Plus/Holiday week the same as for a floating week?

Since your week is guaranteed, is it still necessary to book as early as possible within the 12 or 13-month window?

Assuming that it is permitted at your resort, if you wanted to use your Holiday Week during another time in the Platinum season, can it be done online or do you need to call Marriott Owner Services?

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
Is the process to reserve a Platinum Plus/Holiday week the same as for a floating week?

Since your week is guaranteed, is it still necessary to book as early as possible within the 12 or 13-month window?

Assuming that it is permitted at your resort, if you wanted to use your Holiday Week during another time in the Platinum season, can it be done online or do you need to call Marriott Owner Services?

Your week is guaranteed, but not the day of arrival. Thus, you need to call as early as possible unless you don't care if you go Fri.-Fri., Sat.-Sat. or Sun.-Sun..

I don't know the answer to the logistics of booking a different Plat. week; my guess is that you'd have to call Owner Services, but someone else will need to answer there.

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Yes, you can book online. The only reservations for your home resort week that can't be booked online are multiple week reservations 12+ to 13 months in advance.