• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Platinum vs Founders VIP levels

afdoc218

Reaction score
Just wondering others opinions if moving from Platonum to Founders VIP with Wyndham is worth it? We are only 51,000 pts away from Founders so a few advisors who I don't think are complete crooks recommended we purchase enough points to move to Founders before they possibly change the VIP break points again. The main difference I see is the 60٪ off reservations in the 60 day window, but that seems to be harder and harder to even use as you can't cancel and rebook anymore. I appreciate any thoughts.

lotus921v

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham South Shore, Wyndham Bali Hai, Wyndham Shearwater, Worldmark, Regal Vistas at Massanutten, Marriott Grand Chateau
How much would those 51k points cost you?

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Just wondering others opinions if moving from Platonum to Founders VIP with Wyndham is worth it? We are only 51,000 pts away from Founders so a few advisors who I don't think are complete crooks recommended we purchase enough points to move to Founders before they possibly change the VIP break points again. The main difference I see is the 60٪ off reservations in the 60 day window, but that seems to be harder and harder to even use as you can't cancel and rebook anymore. I appreciate any thoughts.
how often do you take advantage of 50% discount and would an extra 10% really mean that much to you?

afdoc218

Reaction score
how often do you take advantage of 50% discount and would an extra 10% really mean that much to you?
I used to cancel and rebook every reservation, but I can't do that any longer so I do look for the reservations I have already made during the 50% off reservation window to see if I can obtain the discount if anything is still available. I am not sure how often I am able to get the discount now. I am not sure 10% more off would be that beneficial. I am wondering if I am missing some other big benefit that becoming Founders would afford me and would possibly make the purchase worth it?

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
It would pain me to be that close, but I think I'd try to get over it. $13K will take a long time to recover. Unless you were doing some type of equity trade for something with much better maintenance prices and/or folding in some PICS, it's hard to justify for the extra 10% that we really don't get to take advantage of all that often.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Do you book more then 10 months out? How often? You get on additional RARP over Platinum. Also, how much longer do you think you’ll be traveling? If you think it’s less then 5-10 years, it might not be worth upgrading. They could increase the levels, but the last change was 2020. The time before that was 2012. So there is a long gap between the changes. You also get More time and better conversion to Wyndham rewards points, if that’s something that interests you. They could add benefits down the road too that would be exclusive to founders in an effort to get people to upgrade. Like they did with RCI Auto deposit and the elevated Wyndham rewards conversion. They could also take away as well. It all boils down to what value you place on the added benefits. If you will be traveling for awhile, you’ll have an opportunity to get value out of those benefits to justify the $13k price tag. Personally I would if I were that close.

If you have not already, I would check with telesales to see what their best price it. Do so before the end of the year to get the best deals and bonuses. Right now, they are offering Wyndham rewards points in addition to the usual bonus points. I don’t do hotels often, but you can convert them to maintenance fee dollars. The highest I’ve heard was 310,000 Wyndham rewards points with a 400,000 point purchase. I’ve seen 210,000 for 200,000 point contracts. They might throw in 30,000 to 60,000 Wyndham rewards points with that 64,000 they are selling you. That alone wouldn’t be a reason to buy, but if you’re going to buy, do it before the end of the year when they are the most hungry for sales.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
They could increase the levels, but the last change was 2020.
It was also the better part of a year in 2020 that the impending VIP level changes were known, so it’s not like a surprise change would come overnight without the opportunity for the OP to call telesales and buy the points they need.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
How long have you owned with Wyndham and how much longer do you plan to travel? I bought into Platinum 30 years ago and plan to travel maybe 10 more years, so a $13K investment for the bit more of a benefit isn't worth it to me. How long will it take for the expense to pay for itself? If it's longer than you plan to travel, then no. Otherwise, maybe