• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Platinum at Welk

aslterp7

Reaction score
Is it possible to be a platinum member on a resale at Welk?

I just went to the developer presentation and signed on the dotted line for 1 week 1bdrm for 14,000 with platinum benefits. After reading here on TUG, I plan to rescind tomorrow and look for a Welk unit resale. Will Welk honor platinum for resale units or not?

ajlm33

TUG Member
Reaction score
Welk Platinum Owners Association

Is it possible to be a platinum member on a resale at Welk?

I just went to the developer presentation and signed on the dotted line for 1 week 1bdrm for 14,000 with platinum benefits. After reading here on TUG, I plan to rescind tomorrow and look for a Welk unit resale. Will Welk honor platinum for resale units or not?

As far as I know, Welk does not discriminate against owners who buy points resale. You are buying into a Welk Resorts Platinum Owners Association points system that allows you to reserve (use your points) at any of the eligible Welk resorts (San Diego, Branson, etc). You are not getting title to a particular unit per se like in the older Welk Resort units, you are buying enough annual points from the Association to reserve that particular size unit each year. Each size unit has a different point value.

The most important thing to keep in mind is the number of points you receive every year or EOY. This in turn gives you your unit size that you can reserve (1BR, 1BR Deluxe, 2BR etc.). For example, I own 300,000 annual points which entitles me to a 2BR lockoff unit every year.

The offer sheet that you signed, I imagine, was for a 1BR EOY for the $14,000. Correct?

Good luck in your search.

aslterp7

Reaction score
yes

Yes, 120,000 points. Everyone here says I can get a better deal than I got by buying resale so I will rescind tmw.

aslterp7

Reaction score
never

The sales manager said that if we didn't buy the platinum deal that day if we came back we could not buy the platinum deal never!

Is that true?

talkamotta

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
The sales manager said that if we didn't buy the platinum deal that day if we came back we could not buy the platinum deal never!

Is that true?

As my kids have said with that :rolleyes: look in thier eyes. WHATEVER..
:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

Welcome to Tug..... Glad you found it in time.