• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Plantation Resort 3BR Lockoff RED Summer Every Other ODD Year

jlwquilter

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello Bargain Hunters!

I am offering up my Presidential Villas timeshare (Myrtle Beach), which I have owned for 9 years now - my, how time flies! It is of course completely paid for, free and clear.

This timeshare is an Every Other Year - Odd years. So the next deposit year will be for this coming year. It is a RED Season week - max TPUs for the maintenance fee buck especially using the lock off feature.

Maintenance fees are $960, payable every other year, billed in December and due in January.

I have used this ownership to trade into a 2 bed unit in New Orleans, 2 bed units at The Galleon in Key West several times, as well as for 2 beds unit in various Florida resorts.

The unit is a 3 bedroom lockoff - which locks off into a 2 bed unit [8(6)] and a hotel unit [4(2)].

This resort offers a lot of value and flexibility!

I will pay for closing costs!

The resort also has a deed back program so there’s a built in exit door if ever needed - which is a great feature to have available. I’ll be using it myself if no one wants this awesome timeshare.

JudyH

TUG Member
Reaction score
It’s too bad there is low interest in your TS. I own there also although I have never stayed there. We have traded for great places all over the world. It still brings in very high TPUs.
How did you find out about the deed back program? I am not thinking about it now, but I know in the future my kids won’t want it.

plantmatter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello Bargain Hunters!

I am offering up my Presidential Villas timeshare (Myrtle Beach), which I have owned for 9 years now - my, how time flies! It is of course completely paid for, free and clear.

This timeshare is an Every Other Year - Odd years. So the next deposit year will be for this coming year. It is a RED Season week - max TPUs for the maintenance fee buck especially using the lock off feature.

Maintenance fees are $960, payable every other year, billed in December and due in January.

I have used this ownership to trade into a 2 bed unit in New Orleans, 2 bed units at The Galleon in Key West several times, as well as for 2 beds unit in various Florida resorts.

The unit is a 3 bedroom lockoff - which locks off into a 2 bed unit [8(6)] and a hotel unit [4(2)].

This resort offers a lot of value and flexibility!

I will pay for closing costs!

The resort also has a deed back program so there’s a built in exit door if ever needed - which is a great feature to have available. I’ll be using it myself if no one wants this awesome timeshare.
How much are you looking for?

jlwquilter

TUG Member
Reaction score
I’ve already deeded the timeshare back to the resort. It’s a shame no one wanted it for free.

jackio

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sand Pebbles, Sheraton Broadway Plantation, Hawaiian Sun Holidays
How much are you looking for?
If you are interested in the same unit type, but every EVEN year, you can have mine for the closing costs. Maintenance fee of $960 is due for the 2022 year.
Closing costs are approximately $400.

jflan25

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Flex Points
If you are interested in the same unit type, but every EVEN year, you can have mine for the closing costs. Maintenance fee of $960 is due for the 2022 year.
Closing costs are approximately $400.

I am a new user on the group and a newbie to Timeshare (we did buy some FlexPoints directly from the Developper literally a few weeks before COVID hit and didn't get the opportunity to use at all). I wish I had known more about Timeshares before making this purchase, but will call this a learning experience.

One question I have - based on my limited experience, it is fair to say that by taking this deed every even years - this will give me the option to 1 - stay at the resort and make a reservation (12 months in advance or is this one 24 months in advance) or to exchange it through Interval International (for a fee) to basically travel anywhere, right? The rest of the benefits that we would normally have on retail will not be applicable for me due to this being resale?

Thanks so much for your help in helping me learn. We would love to go to Myrtle Beach with the kids (but as they age may think about doing exchanges and would want to understand our options and fees for doing so)

JudyH

TUG Member
Reaction score
I can’t answer the reservation question but I believe this resort only trades thru RCI. I also have this same unit since 1998 and have been all over the world. Great trading power but you have to plan well in advance.

jackio

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sand Pebbles, Sheraton Broadway Plantation, Hawaiian Sun Holidays
I am a new user on the group and a newbie to Timeshare (we did buy some FlexPoints directly from the Developper literally a few weeks before COVID hit and didn't get the opportunity to use at all). I wish I had known more about Timeshares before making this purchase, but will call this a learning experience.

One question I have - based on my limited experience, it is fair to say that by taking this deed every even years - this will give me the option to 1 - stay at the resort and make a reservation (12 months in advance or is this one 24 months in advance) or to exchange it through Interval International (for a fee) to basically travel anywhere, right? The rest of the benefits that we would normally have on retail will not be applicable for me due to this being resale?

Thanks so much for your help in helping me learn. We would love to go to Myrtle Beach with the kids (but as they age may think about doing exchanges and would want to understand our options and fees for doing so)

As Judy H said, this resort only trades through RCI. You get much better trading value if you deposit the unit as 2 - the 2 BR and the hotel unit than if you deposit the entire 3 BR.
To ensure a prime summer week, I reserve 24 months in advance. However I just reserved a July 2022 week last month and there were plenty available. This may be due to Covid, I’m not sure.
So I would ask any taker to reimburse me the $960 for use of the 2022 week. They can keep the July week, change it to any available week, or deposit it into RCI.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
This is a great offer. I actually sold one of these for $2,000 on Redweek, so a free week is a great offer.

jflan25

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Flex Points
Yeah- that definitely seem very interesting. I have never exchanged anything, so I'll get myself educated a bit over the week over RCI, how this works, the membership and the exchange fees, etc.
Anyone knows If this is possible to find a way to exchange this to something in Hawaii (if we deposit the 2br + the hotel), is that enough for anything in Hawaii? My wife and I dream to go there someday.

Thanks so much,