• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Plantation Beach Club at South Seas Island Resort

krmlaw

TUG Member
Reaction score
Search is down ...

I have this unit on hold for 2010. I looked at reviews, but there werent many and none new.

Advice, should I confirm? It would be for summer 2010 (August).

Things to do there? Pools nice? Beach nice?

Its me, DH, a baby and teenager (and probably a teenager friend)

Thanks!

Bwolf

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Exceedingly nice resort on Captiva Island. It is a very large resort, with several different timeshares. I'm not sure which you have on hold, but by all means, go for it.

The beach is nice. Captiva Cruises is on the premises and they have various cruises, shelling, dolphins, etc..

Captiva/Sanibel are known for shelling and relaxing, but there are things to do.

Checkout this site and be sure to visit the message board:

Sanibel Island & Captiva Island - The Best Vacations in Florida

HTH
icon_smile.gif

sandcastles

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think you will enjoy PBC. It is right on the beach and all of the units have a nice view of the gulf. It has its own pool and tennis court. If you want to use the large pool at the north end of the island along with some other amenities you will have to pay the amenity fee. Supposedly you have to have paid the fee to ride the trolley but that seems to be negotiable. The north end (where the ship's store, pizza and ice cream place, etc are) is within walking distance of your condo anyway. You can also drive.

I'm there for the beach, not the large pool, etc so I don't bother paying the fee. With a teenager they might enjoy the extra activities at the north end.

krmlaw

TUG Member
Reaction score
sounds like a nice resort, i think im going to confirm it. :) now ill have to pray a hurricane doesnt hit!

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
sounds like a nice resort, i think im going to confirm it. :) now ill have to pray a hurricane doesnt hit!

I would kill (figuratively) to get a week there.
I used to go to Sanibel-Captiva when I was a kid wth my family, B4 the bridge was built. The only way over was via ferry, and there were maybe two motels and fishing cottages for rent. Even though its been "modernized," its still a fairly sleepy barrier island with a unique culture all its own. To me, its ambiance is more akin to a Bahamian out-island.

Just be sure to use plenty of sun-screen. How we handled the heat and mid-day sun was to hit the beach early in the AM, leave B4 noon for a relaxing lunch inside and then snooze or shop for a few hours, and go back to the beach in the late afternoon. Do this enuff days in a row, and you'll wonder why life could be any other way.

sandcastles

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would love to have gone to Sanibel/Captiva before the Causeway. I think it was built in 1968 and we have been going since 1973.

We rent a cottage on Sanibel for the month of February that is one, if not the oldest resort (can't really call it a resort, very rustic cottages) on Sanibel. We take our own repair kit. It's the best location on the whole beach though.

pcgirl54

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach
Go to South Seas Plantation website and have a look. I stayed here the year before the hurricane. Captiva and SS are awesome. The beach is right in front of the units.

Last edited:

silvib

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's a beautiful area, I've always wanted to stay there but never been lucky in getting an exchange, although we did get one on Sanibel this year which was very nice indeed.
If you want a quiet, relaxing vacation it's the place to be.
Don't know that you'd call it an ideal place for teenagers though, they may find it too quiet, depending on their age.

krmlaw

TUG Member
Reaction score
Confirmed last night!

Im VERY excited! I didnt realize how hard this was to get into. We are going in August 2010. Never before timesharing did I plan this far ahead!

Now I have lots of time to look forward to this trip! Thanks for all your replies.

NOW ... I just need to find good resaturants on Captiva and things to do!

pcgirl54

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach
I forgot to add that from your unit you can hear the seashells clinking with the waves. I have never seen so many shells anywhere. We book ours 18 months out from a Tug sighting.

VIP -do bring some type of bug spray that takes care of no see ums. My legs were bitten and I itched for 2 weeks. Never saw them and never heard of them before. I think I was bitten when i did the Sanibel stoop(collecting shells).

When we were there free washer/dryers were in a hut near the pool.

There are prior threads about where to eat. Even though Captiva is connected to Sanibel I was so happy I did not want to leave Captiva.

There are lots of little places to eat on Sanibel too!

You made a great trade.

silvib

TUG Member
Reaction score

We had a great meal at the Mucky Duck on Captiva - great atmosphere - good food and right on the beach.

Bwolf

TUG Member
Reaction score

We had a great meal at the Mucky Duck on Captiva - great atmosphere - good food and right on the beach.

The Mucky Duck is also the place people go for sunsets. On Oct 26 we were on a sail cruise and the end was seeing the sunset at Blind Pass - just up from the Mucky Duck. I posted pictures at the Sanibel-Captiva message board. At this board there are also threads recommending different restaurants.

Here's my thread: http://forum.bestofsanibelcaptiva.com/viewtopic.php?t=6498&highlight=

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
South Seas is a beautiful resort, and is becoming very difficult to trade into. The Plantation Beach Club is one of the older phases, but it has one of the best beachfront locations. The units were refurbished after hurricane Charlie, and are very nice. One thing I like about Captiva is the resorts face west so you get the best sunset views. On Sanibel, many of the resorts face south so you can't get the direct sunset view. Very tropical setting, quiet, and relaxed. The only thing about August is the tropical weather, so you will get some late afternoon thunderstorms, but they only last an hour or so (usually).

krmlaw

TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh Im so excited now! And we have SUCH a long ways to wait! Thanks for the link to the message board, Ill have to check that out.

Looks like I was lucky to trade into this resort!