• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

planning MA vacation in June....stay tuned

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
MA just received their reopening plan. Hotels are still only going to be open to essential workers. They are not on the "open" list until phase 2 and phase is starting today...…..

I was thinking of maybe a Cape trip in June, but looks like that won't happen.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I appreciate the inclination, but I wouldn't rush it.
We declined to book Longboat Key, Florida, in June.
With social distancing & masks, it's not likely to be much fun.
... Our first trip is Marco Island in August.

mdurette

TUG Member
Reaction score
I appreciate the inclination, but I wouldn't rush it.
We declined to book Longboat Key, Florida, in June.
With social distancing & masks, it's not likely to be much fun.
... Our first trip is Marco Island in August.

I get it....trust me, I run extremely high on the cautious scale. Have only gone out 1/2 dozen times in the last couple of months. For me, what I was thinking about wouldn't be considered a vacation - more of a change of scenery a handful of towns over from where I currently live. Stay in a room that has been "closed" for months, bring all my own groceries from home, but have a different view outside my window and on my walks. By no means would I be going to be a tourist of the area.

sfwilshire

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
I searched briefly this morning for the latest MA announcement with no luck. We own the last week in June on Nantucket and would really like to be there. If the beaches are open for sitting, I could be happy. Even if MA loosens up, I'm still concerned that Nantucket will be closed. I know the islanders won't want to bring tourists back to the island when they have been so little affected. The businesses and individuals that make a fortune from the tourist business will be on the other side of the fence. I'd be nervous during the 1000 mile drive each way, but I will go if they let me unless the situation takes a turn for the worst in the northeast US. We might have to eat fast food from drive-thrus all the way up. I'm not ready to sit in a restaurant yet, even though they are open here. Keeping my fingers crossed. Everything else has been cancelled this spring and summer. Cabin fever has set in.

Sheila

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I've found that if someone in the office answers the phone,
you can get a wealth of information about local conditions.

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
Brewster Green on the Cape was to open May 29 but has now pushed it back to June 12th.

mdurette

TUG Member
Reaction score
I searched briefly this morning for the latest MA announcement with no luck. We own the last week in June on Nantucket and would really like to be there. If the beaches are open for sitting, I could be happy. Even if MA loosens up, I'm still concerned that Nantucket will be closed.

Sheila

Yes, not a lot of detail, but here is MA travel page: https://www.mass.gov/info-details/travel-information-related-to-covid-19
MA just started Phase 1 of reopening this week. Hotels are in Phase 2
Here is the list of what is opening by category and phases: https://www.mass.gov/info-details/reopening-when-can-my-business-reopen

The time period between phases is a minimum of 3 weeks, progress to the next phase only if no spikes.

There is "talk" about when places open, there will be restrictions that include no interstate travelers. (NH is the same) But, nothing has been officially announced.

Tristrams Landing.....the other day I noticed a 3BR being offered on one of the exchange companies. But, I could find a website anywhere for it to get more info. Can you point me in a direction?

nerodog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Brewster Green on the Cape was to open May 29 but has now pushed it back to June 12th.
Sea mist resort in Mashpee has done the same. Massachusetts is taking it slow so early June looks unlikely right now. Ho to mass.gov page for updates .

Conan

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have an exchange week at Wyndham Bentley Brook for the week of July 5.
It's 20 miles from Bentley Brook to Tanglewood, and I spent $800 on Boston Symphony Orchestra Tanglewood tickets for that week.
Tanglewood is now cancelled and they'll be refunding the ticket money.

Probably I'll just stay home.

Conan

TUG Member
Reaction score

nerodog

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have an exchange week at Wyndham Bentley Brook for the week of July 5.
It's 20 miles from Bentley Brook to Tanglewood, and I spent $800 on Boston Symphony Orchestra Tanglewood tickets for that week.
Tanglewood is now cancelled and they'll be refunding the ticket money.

Probably I'll just stay home.
Hi, Bentley Brook is a nice resort and sadly Tanglewood and Jacob's pillow seasons are cancelled. If the Berkshires are open and cases have been low, there is the Norman Rockwell museum in Stockbridge, Lee shopping outlets, I know the Berkshire stage will be open. Day trips into Williamstown, Manchester, Newfane, Bennington VT might be a possibility. Perhaps more sightseeing of the area?
Watch Masslive .com abd NECN. Provides lots of updates.

Conan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi, Bentley Brook is a nice resort and sadly Tanglewood and Jacob's pillow seasons are cancelled. If the Berkshires are open and cases have been low, there is the Norman Rockwell museum in Stockbridge, Lee shopping outlets, I know the Berkshire stage will be open. Day trips into Williamstown, Manchester, Newfane, Bennington VT might be a possibility.
We were excited about getting to Mass MOCA (never been) and Clark Art Museum (been once). I wonder if they’ll be open.

nerodog

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were excited about getting to Mass MOCA (never been) and Clark Art Museum (been once). I wonder if they’ll be open.
Excellent museum!! I hope they will be open. Norman Rockwell museum is also nice to check out and go have a treat on the RedLion porch in Stockbridge. Lenox is a nice town to browse around. Hancock Shaker Village and Edith Warton, The Mount. Further afield, Deerfield and Amherst are great visits.

sfwilshire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
Yes, not a lot of detail, but here is MA travel page: https://www.mass.gov/info-details/travel-information-related-to-covid-19
MA just started Phase 1 of reopening this week. Hotels are in Phase 2
Here is the list of what is opening by category and phases: https://www.mass.gov/info-details/reopening-when-can-my-business-reopen

The time period between phases is a minimum of 3 weeks, progress to the next phase only if no spikes.

There is "talk" about when places open, there will be restrictions that include no interstate travelers. (NH is the same) But, nothing has been officially announced.

Tristrams Landing.....the other day I noticed a 3BR being offered on one of the exchange companies. But, I could find a website anywhere for it to get more info. Can you point me in a direction?

Thanks for the links for the MA information.

A Tristram's unit with the exchange company is a unicorn. I think I'm one of the few owners that deposits weeks in the spring or fall. I have rented out one of our weeks a couple of times, but I really don't have the time to bother with it. Before I owned there, I managed to exchange in a couple of times, but it was very difficult.

We changed management companies and the old website seems to be gone. https://www.mainstaynantucket.com/ shows some units for rent or for sale, but doesn't specify which ones are at Tristram's. If you look at the sales page, most of the cottages are 3-br such as the ones shown on Arkansas. Ours is 19 Arkansas, for example. One of the bedrooms is small with bunk beds, more suitable for kids, though we put my 21 yo in there last summer and he did fine. There have been a lot of upgrades in the past few years (ouch, says my wallet). I'd be glad to answer any questions you have.

Sheila

nerodog

TUG Member
Reaction score
You will enjoy Mass MOCA. It's a nice relaxing area of Mass. I hope you get to go!

mdurette

TUG Member
Reaction score
A small update - like every place else, 2 week quarantine requested. I'm kinda surprised they are not stating MA only residents in this like other states have.

sfwilshire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A small update - like every place else, 2 week quarantine requested. I'm kinda surprised they are not stating MA only residents in this like other states have.

Thanks for the update. We are planning to go on our trip at the end of June unless something changes. I spoke with the property manager this week. The limitations are not anything I'm too concerned about, like restaurants being carry-out only. We don't eat out much anyway. We were advised to bring our groceries from the mainland due to some shortages, but we do that anyway due to costs. Our cottage is a stand-alone house so no worries about neighbors.

We'll have to be careful on our 1000 mile drives up and back, but it may be safer than being at home. I was amazed when I went out for groceries yesterday. There was a kids' baseball game in progress at the ball field. Golden Corral and another large buffet were open and the parking lots were full. I believe they are required to have employees dishing out the food rather than having the public touch the spoons. Only about 10% of the people in the grocery store were wearing masks. They even reopened bars this week (with some limitations, you can't stand at the bar, for example) and are allowing live music here. Too soon for me.

Sheila

SPG900NY

TUG Member
Reaction score
I get it....trust me, I run extremely high on the cautious scale. Have only gone out 1/2 dozen times in the last couple of months. For me, what I was thinking about wouldn't be considered a vacation - more of a change of scenery a handful of towns over from where I currently live. Stay in a room that has been "closed" for months, bring all my own groceries from home, but have a different view outside my window and on my walks. By no means would I be going to be a tourist of the area.

Exactly what we were thinking of doing for our NH timeshare (we're from NY metro area) - they also have a 14 day quarantine for out of staters. We'd go just a change of scenery and "shelter in place" in the woods and to take walks. We are just deciding whether or not the two-week quarantine prior to the trip is possible. We have only been going out for essentials, but I do go in to work once every couple of weeks to deal with orders. There is only one person allowed in our office at any given time and I haven't been in the same space with anyone else in the building when I go in. We are all religious mask-wearers in my family and we would bring "bathroom bags" with us so we wouldn't have to stop along the way on the 300-350 mile trip to use the restroom.

My biggest concern, even if we followed all the rules, is the impression a NY plate in NH would be, considering NY was a hotspot (the numbers are actually lower now than many other areas currently - our area has very good mask compliance so that's probably a big part of it). I used to live there, so I know what they think of "flatlanders" to start with.

Still figuring it out. It's likely we won't be going this year though.

Conan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info - - a family member lives in the Boston area and still has out-of-state plates on the car. I've suggested they keep a copy of their utility bill or apartment lease in the car in case they're pulled over and asked about quarantine.

mdurette

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update. We are planning to go on our trip at the end of June unless something changes. I spoke with the property manager this week. The limitations are not anything I'm too concerned about, like restaurants being carry-out only. We don't eat out much anyway. We were advised to bring our groceries from the mainland due to some shortages, but we do that anyway due to costs. Our cottage is a stand-alone house so no worries about neighbors.

We'll have to be careful on our 1000 mile drives up and back, but it may be safer than being at home. I was amazed when I went out for groceries yesterday. There was a kids' baseball game in progress at the ball field. Golden Corral and another large buffet were open and the parking lots were full. I believe they are required to have employees dishing out the food rather than having the public touch the spoons. Only about 10% of the people in the grocery store were wearing masks. They even reopened bars this week (with some limitations, you can't stand at the bar, for example) and are allowing live music here. Too soon for me.

Sheila

This is just a curiosity question if you don't mind as I have been thinking about it for our potential travel.
What happens if you come down with Covid symptoms while traveling.....especially on an island. You can't leave, because you wouldn't be able to go on the ferry or even take a plane back to mainland. I'm sure I am over thinking it.....but I am. What if........

mdurette

TUG Member
Reaction score
My biggest concern, even if we followed all the rules, is the impression a NY plate in NH would be, considering NY was a hotspot (the numbers are actually lower now than many other areas currently - our area has very good mask compliance so that's probably a big part of it). I used to live there, so I know what they think of "flatlanders" to start with.

Still figuring it out. It's likely we won't be going this year though.

This is one of the reasons why I have decided that any summer travel will most likely stay in my home state (MA). I adore NH and that is where I WANT TO BE, but I also GET IT. As a resident of a small town that had all its normal summer people from NY, NJ and CT fleeing to it in March I know what it is like to be a townie and quietly wish in my head that people would just stay where they came from. I say that knowing it isn't fair or right, thus the reason why it stayed in my head. Other townies were not so nice about it.

sfwilshire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This is just a curiosity question if you don't mind as I have been thinking about it for our potential travel.
What happens if you come down with Covid symptoms while traveling.....especially on an island. You can't leave, because you wouldn't be able to go on the ferry or even take a plane back to mainland. I'm sure I am over thinking it.....but I am. What if........

Good question. I suspect you COULD travel on the car ferry, if you stayed in your vehicle. You'd risk infecting your own family, but they might have been exposed already. Originally the Steamship Authority mandated eveyone stay in their car for the entire journey. They later sent out a notice that you could leave your vehicle, but that masks were required. If you weren't traveling with a vehicle, you might have to find somewhere on island to quarantine.

There is always a danger of getting stuck on the island. It's never happened to me (knock wood) but my daughter and her husband were stuck two extra nights when their flight home was cancelled a few years ago. The airline used the excuse of weather, so offered no lodging assistance, even though the weather was fine in Massachusetts. The bad weather was wherever the plane was coming from. We couldn't get in touch with any of our island friends, so they spent a king's ransom for a room for the first night. Fortunately, we found a friend that took them in for the second night.

Sheila