• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Planning for New York City!

bestbuyer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club, Marriott Boston Custom House
Taking the subway in Manhattan is, I think, part of the thrill of being in the city. A fun place! Can't beat the $2.00 one-way fare. By the way, definitely take the subway down to Ground Zero while you're there.

Some great dinner restaurants are 5 Ninth, Spice Market, Baldizar(sp?)....actually lots of choices....I think restaurant row is 46th street (or around that area). Some good choices there, too. Check online.

Definitely do NOT rent a car if you're staying just in the city. Traffic and parking prices wouldn't make it worth it.

Have fun!

Hoc

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
bestbuyer said:
By the way, definitely take the subway down to Ground Zero while you're there.

The Cortlandt Street station (ground zero) is currently under construction and temporarily closed. You can take the green line to the Fulton St. station, and walk about a half block, though.

dmharris

TUG Member
Reaction score
Kevin,

Let us know how the accommodations are at the Manhatten Club; was it difficult to get?

There is a darling dessert place, The Cupcake Cafe, that is fun, I don't have the address at the computer, sorry.

Sony has a FREE interactive museum at their midtown office building.

Next to the World Trade Center space there is a church that housed the rescue workers and became a shrine. They have displays that will bring you to tears of badges from police and fire depts around the world that sent in their badges as signs of support and leis of orgami cranes from the people of Hiroshima (quite ironic). Free and one of the most touching displays I've ever seen. I think it is St. Pauls; anyone downtown will know. Do not miss it!

Subway cards can be bought for unlimited travel for as many days as you need; great investment as you get from one end of town to the other much faster underground than in a cab.

Elaine's Stardust Dinner in the theatre district has an old diner feel with waiters who do live entertainment, for free.

The Public Library is stunning. The Metropolitan Museum of Art - breath taking; walk down Madison Avenue in that neighborhood; fabulous boutiques. Walk, walk walk then take the subway.

Diane

Kevin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Counting down to Manhattan Club!

We are almost there!

Before I forget... is there any particular room or floor I should request?

We just received our Yankees tickets purchased on eBay. Auction ended on Friday and we received the tix on Monday!:whoopie:

Still have not decided on a show. We'll just be at the mercy of the TKTS booth. I'm going to purchase our Empire State Building tix this morning online. We'll decide on Top of the Rock once there.

We've decided on a water taxi or the Staten Island Ferry to see the Statue of Liberty. Does anyone know if we'll get close enough to get good pictures from the ferry?

We've also decided our "foods of choice" are going to be PIZZA & PASTRAMI! We'll mix in a few other items like bagels, hot dogs and ice cream because we are into gourmet dining! :D

I've got to go back through the threads and pick a place, but I think we'll eat breakfast and maybe church in Harlem on Sunday morning before we go to the baseball game.

BTW, for helpful subway info CLICK HERE . It has given us great info. Also, we received a great map from DebBrown that is helping us become "area experts"! Thanks again Deb and to all who have contributed to this thread.

Kevin

Jaybee

TUG Member
Reaction score
I hate to see this great thread sinking so far down.
We're going to be at the Hilton Club Aug. 19-25, and I'm trying to decide what Broadway show(s) to see. I'm sure there were some recommendations here somewhere, but I'm not sure where, or if they're still running. Thanks for any recommendations.

dmharris

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Jean,

The Putnam School Spelling Bee is wonderful, funny, entertaining and a reminder of 8th grade!

Jaybee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks so much. I appreciate your taking the time to answer me.

QUOTE=dmharris]Hi Jean,

The Putnam School Spelling Bee is wonderful, funny, entertaining and a reminder of 8th grade![/QUOTE]

roadsister

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
How is the weather in Jan vs March?

wauhob3

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
roadsister said:
How is the weather in Jan vs March?
I suspect pretty different. We had some days that approached 70 during our trip the last week of March. Only one day was cold and rainy.