• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Plan of Action for Wyndham Vacation Resorts re: Voyager

sharetimer

Reaction score
It's almost July, and it hard to believe we owners still don't know when we will have the full functionality restored that we had enjoyed prior to the May 22 launch of Voyager. What's most frustrating is the lack of iinformation from Wyndham. How long will it be before the system works the way it is supposed to?

The new system might be "live", but it's seems more like it's on life support.

Owners can be Wyndham's best ambassadors and cheerleaders when we are happy!

And getting some useful issue resolution information proactively from Wyndham would probably help to reduce call hold times.

Here's a proposed plan of action for Wyndham Vacation Resorts re: Voyager.

1. Issue a sincere apology to the ownership for rolling out the system when it was obviously so not ready. And for insulting the ownership by suggesting that the problems were caused by the owners not knowing how to use the new site ("We recognize that for some of you, this transition hasn’t been seamless or without challenges... If you haven’t already done so, check out your new site’s FAQ and Own It pages as these may be helpful resources before you login. Over the next few weeks, we anticipate that the Vacation Planning Center will be busier than usual as they assist owners with the site and new CLUB WYNDHAM Program Guidelines. "). Wyndham needs to "Own it" with regards to this disaster.

2. Provide a schedule for getting everything working as it should have on the May 22 launch date.

a) Tell each owner with an account issue when it will be fixed (e.g. accounts not on the new system, points not usable to make reservations, guest info not properly transferred from old system to new one). Provide estimated completion dates to each owner who has an existing e-ticket. Stop just telling the owners that "their issue is being worked on". (If it was really being worked on, it should have been fixed. Kinda like your auto mechanic constantly saying that he's working on your car, when it is taking 3 weeks to change your oil. You know it's just sitting waiting for other fires to be put out first.)

b) Tell the ownership when the inventory will be restored for the various resorts that was in place with the old system and is now missing in the new system.

c) Provide a mechanism for VC's to charge owners for the lower "online" fee, rather than the higher "over the phone" fee when an owner calls in because the "online" feature being attempted isn't working yet (e.g. adding a guest).

d) Identify any current shortcomings in the new system for a particular browser (e.g. Edge, Chrome, and Safari) or platform (PC, Mac, Android & IOS devices). Let us know if right now, some browsers or platforms are working better than others.

e) Advise when all existing features will work as they are supposed to. This includes the points calculator (sometimes hangs), inability to view and modify reservations, inventory differences between list view and availability calendar, points discount differences between list view and availability calendar, upgrades not working, having to re-enter the resort name when you modify dates, "View it on the web" link on confirmation letters not working, etc. (I wish there was a place to report issues.

f) Issue a communication to the ownership explaining exactly what a unit type upgrade is and isn't.

g) Prepare a presentation for the Annual Owners Meeting on August 2 providing the owners a realisstic and believable schedule for fixing anyting still not working at the time of the meeting. And tell us how a repeat of the launch disaster will be prevented in the future (i.e. lessons learned). Should include lots of humble pie. Not so much on how wonderful the new system is.

h) Conduct a workshop at the Owners Meeting for owners to suggest future improvements such as better searching and human-machine interface improvements.

Moving forward, how about Wyndham Vacation Resorts also:

1. Empowers VC's to not charge owners $129 to fix things like a one-letter typo in a guest name. It's apparently OK when Wyndham Vacation Resorts makes a mistake, but we are expected to be perfect. How about a little mutual consideration, Wyndham?

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
That's a great checklist. Unfortunately Wyndham seems to think it is just something that will work itself out as people get more familiar with the new website and take the time to go thru the awesome instructional videos. Then all will be fine according to their last email.

The first step in solving a problem is recognizing that you have a problem. Since we have not yet reached that step, I doubt Wyndham will be implementing any suggestions from members.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
That's a great checklist. Unfortunately Wyndham seems to think .....

The first step in solving a problem is recognizing that you have a problem. Since we have not yet reached that step, I doubt Wyndham will be implementing any suggestions from members.

IF / When - owners will remember that as : THE HISTORIC STEP .

example : when humans found out the sun did not revolve around the earth .

sharetimer

Reaction score
And Wyndham has such a way with words ...

Like how they spell "security" on the Bonnet Creek confirmation letters (apparently they haven't hear of spell check yet and don't believe in any quality control):

Or how the check box below in step 5 of booking a reservation suggests that kids aren't allowed at the resorts anymore:

And here's one from Wyndham's "Department of Redundancy Department". I'm still stractching my head trying to figure out the difference between "Any Of The Above" and "Upgrade me to any of the above".

Ya gotta laugh!

sharetimer

Reaction score
Apologies: my screenshots didn't "stick" when pasted. Here is the text pasted:

"Important Information
• A refundable $150 secutiy deposit is required at check-in."

"I agree to the terms and acknowledge that this booking is for all guests being over the age of 21."

"Please make your upgrade selection (choose one):

I WANT MY RESERVATION UPGRADED IF THE FOLLOWING BECOMES AVAILABLE.

• Next desirable Presidential Reserve Suite
  • Larger Unit
  • Any Of The Above
  • Upgrade me to any of the above."

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
And here's one from Wyndham's "Department of Redundancy Department". I'm still stractching my head trying to figure out the difference between "Any Of The Above" and "Upgrade me to any of the above".

Ya gotta laugh!
And, oh by the way, doesn't matter which you select - auto upgrades don't work!!!