• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Pinion Pointe- Here we come!!!!

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Thanks for the tip.. I just traded Villas of Sedona for Hyatt Pinion Point. Hope it was an upgrade! Just looked a the unit number is 1412. So I guess the view will be similar to 1612? Did you feel the unit was up to date? I saw some mixed reviews on Trip advisor concerning that. Thanks! We are going mid April.

Mid-April should be a good time to be there. I would think that any unit at Pinon Point will be an upgrade over the Villas of Sedona although I haven't stayed at or visited the latter. We liked being at the Hyatt as we could walk to the uptown area for restaurants and shops. You also have easy access to go any direction by car. The condition of our unit was fine.

With regard to unit 1412 you will be on the opposite side of the gully from building 16. I believe the main balcony will be facing southwest and the smaller balcony off of the master bedroom will be facing southeast. The unit also sits below the internal road/parking area, so I am not sure of the view you will have. You may get a decent view since there are no buildings right next to you.

Enjoy. Best regards.

Mike

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
Most of the hiking areas required a Red Rock pass. However, we were able to use our Senior Pass for the National Parks (62 and over). See below:

"A Red Rock Pass (or America The Beautiful Interagency Pass, Golden Age or Golden Access) is required when leaving your vehicle unattended while recreating on National Forest land around Sedona and Oak Creek Canyon. View the Red Rock Country Map to see locations of fee areas where the Red Rock Pass is required.

The pass must be displayed in the windshield of the vehicle. Vehicles parked on the National Forest in the red rock area that do not display a valid pass in the windshield are subject to receiving a citation. A pass is not required for incidental stopping to take a photograph or to enjoy a scenic vista (approximately 15 minutes or less)."
Just to clarify- since America the Beautiful Passes are valid in Red Rock Country in lieu of the Red Rock Pass, according to the website, then the only pass needed is the Senior Pass for the National Parks, right?

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
And for trip planning- is the drive tot he Grand Canyon an easy day trip? Any suggestions/advice?
Also- Painted Desert?
Any other recommendations- all appreciated :)

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
And for trip planning- is the drive tot he Grand Canyon an easy day trip? Any suggestions/advice?
Also- Painted Desert?
Any other recommendations- all appreciated :)

Grand Canyon is an easy day trip.

In March, with kids, we drove from Piñon Pointe to Grand Canyon, hiked down to the Colorado river in the bottom of the canyon via South Kaibab trail, returned up via Bright Angel trail, and drove back to Piñon Pointe, all in one day. It was a long day though.

BJRSanDiego

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
Thanks for the tip.. I just traded Villas of Sedona for Hyatt Pinion Point. Hope it was an upgrade! Just looked a the unit number is 1412. So I guess the view will be similar to 1612? Did you feel the unit was up to date? I saw some mixed reviews on Trip advisor concerning that. Thanks! We are going mid April.
I realize that this is a 4 month old thread but thought that I would opine. We stayed in unit 1412 in early February 2020. We had to walk down about 22 steps from the parking lot. The efficiency face West (towards the parking lot) but looked directly into a rock wall. So, while the efficiency had zero view, it also had near 100% privacy. The master side looked SE. Immediately in front of the patio was a gully with trees and shrubs and birds. But on the horizon we could see the red rocks. It wasn't a gorgeous view but was pleasant enough and private.

melissy123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just to clarify- since America the Beautiful Passes are valid in Red Rock Country in lieu of the Red Rock Pass, according to the website, then the only pass needed is the Senior Pass for the National Parks, right?
Yes, that’s correct.

PerryKing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYATT: Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Bonita Springs, and 2X Dorado Puerto Rico.
-##-
MEXICO: Crown Paradise, Royal Holiday Club, Vidanta Mayan Palace, and Vidanta "Kingdom of the Sun-Nuevo Vallarta at Vidanta World.
or … National Forest ! , National Monuments ! and State Parks !!

(I Don't think there are any "National Parks" that are real close to Sedona. ??)

However there are National Monuments nearby , and 2 national Parks quit a far away: https://www.lauberge.com/blog/natur...to-celebrate-national-parks-day-on-august-25/

Plus all the State Parks. and the Red Rocks of Sedona itself, one highlight is the Church of the Holy Cross ( Built into the red rocks) : https://www.gatewaytosedona.com/the-chapel-of-the-holy-cross-sedona-architectural-landmark ….and what strikes me is the MANSION finished recently that is directly across the road from the entrance gate to the church ( now hidden partially by the planted landscape trees). ! The whole area is a residential area.

Not to mention the view of Sedona from the airport road look out up on top of the hill where the airport is. (They are now charging $3 to park up there however ) (They say they are using the money collected to make the parking lot much nicer !) . and even the view from the pool of the Hyatt itself ! all Gorgeous!

Last edited:

shellmo1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I realize that this is a 4 month old thread but thought that I would opine. We stayed in unit 1412 in early February 2020. We had to walk down about 22 steps from the parking lot. The efficiency face West (towards the parking lot) but looked directly into a rock wall. So, while the efficiency had zero view, it also had near 100% privacy. The master side looked SE. Immediately in front of the patio was a gully with trees and shrubs and birds. But on the horizon we could see the red rocks. It wasn't a gorgeous view but was pleasant enough and private.

Do you have to drag your stuff down 22 stairs? We are flying in so we won't have a big cooler or anything but still.... Otherwise on a daily basis, we can use the exercise!

BJRSanDiego

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
Do you have to drag your stuff down 22 stairs? We are flying in so we won't have a big cooler or anything but still.... Otherwise on a daily basis, we can use the exercise!
Yes and no. After I had made a couple of trips with the lighter stuff, I spotted a Pinon Point employee and asked him for help. He carried down about 5 or 6 fairly heavy loads. I tipped him $20. On the day we left, I carried the stuff UP the 22 steps. I took my time and it worked out okay. But, we travel with everything but the kitchen sink. So, if you are only dragging flight luggage, it won't be that bad. But you can always ask for help from the staff.

travelhacker

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed in this area as well. The front desk staff referred to it as "Machu Pichu". I believe we stayed in unit 1821. Probably not our first choice in unit, but we did enjoy the views.

liongate88

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC (AUL), WKV, SVV, HGVC (BLVD, GW, Elara), HRC , WM
Any idea what the view is in unit 1311? Would this be the worst of all? It looks like it is below street level. Thanks

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
Any idea what the view is in unit 1311? Would this be the worst of all? It looks like it is below street level. Thanks

May be not that bad.
Screenshot_20200924-202854__01.jpg

boraxo

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra, Villa Resorts (Mexico)
Very much looking forward to trading into Sedona at some point as we would like to visit the area. Is this a difficult trade for early April (spring break for us)?

DAman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Very much looking forward to trading into Sedona at some point as we would like to visit the area. Is this a difficult trade for early April (spring break for us)?
An internal Hyatt trade for Pinon Pointe should not be a problem for early April although it will be a platinum or diamond week.

Colorado Ski

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt pinon pointe
Good day all Pinon Pointers

I am running for a board member up against "Hyatt" and MVC employees.

Currently there are two owners on the board, Chuck and Dwight.

My name is Larry Tasman and would appreciate your support.

boraxo

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra, Villa Resorts (Mexico)
Very useful advice thanks! We will be making our first trip to Sedona in July. Great use of expiring LCUP points.

mjm1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Very useful advice thanks! We will be making our first trip to Sedona in July. Great use of expiring LCUP points.
Have a great time! Remember to stay hydrated.

Best regards.

Mike

WalnutBaron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Yes--have a great time! You'll be going when temps can get pretty warm and the crowds will be high at Grand Canyon if you choose to make the trip. Regardless, the Red Rocks are stunning and you will thoroughly enjoy it.

ScoopKona

Reaction score
Monkey King Coffee - Captain Cook, Hawaii
We will be making our first trip to Sedona in July.

The Tlaquepaque Arts & Crafts Village is an easy walk from the Hyatt. There is a wine-bar directly across 89a from the Hyatt -- great views, and you can try some flights of local wine. Arizona Zinfandel is excellent. Most of it comes from the ridiculously hot area around Wilcox. But there are local wineries in Cottonwood.

I've also never gone to Sedona without making a stop at Montezuma's Castle.

gln60

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriot Harbour Lake
Abound Points
We really enjoyed the 4 hour sightseeing tour on the Verde Canyon Railroad in nearby Clarkdale.

gln60

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriot Harbour Lake
Abound Points
We also rented ATV’s for a few hours and had a great time exploring the red rocks and trails..we brought a lunch and the ATV company supplied water..a map..and a satellite phone that could pin point our location just in case we lost our way…highly recommend…we love stunningly beautiful Sedona and hope to return in 2024…We stayed at Pinion Pointe in a 2BR Villa and really liked the location of the resort.

Last edited:

WalnutBaron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
We also rented ATV’s for a few hours and had a great time exploring the red rocks and trails..we brought a lunch and the ATV company supplied water..a map..and a satellite phone that could pin point our location just in case we lost our way…highly recommend…we love stunningly beautiful Sedona and hope to return in 2024…We stayed at Pinion Pointe in a 2BR Villa and really liked the location of the resort.
I think the location of Pinon Pointe is ideal. You are literally right in the middle of the action in town, easily accessible to points south, west, and north, as well as to Tlaquepaque (one of the more beautiful shopping venues you'll ever see) and the many other shops and attractions in town. And you have the elevated location at Pinon Pointe that affords beautiful views of the Red Rocks in virtually any direction. Hyatt nailed it when they built HPP.

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Deleted

Last edited: