• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Pinion Pointe- Here we come!!!!

AJCts411

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Sunset x 2
I think the location of Pinon Pointe is ideal. You are literally right in the middle of the action in town, easily accessible to points south, west, and north, as well as to Tlaquepaque (one of the more beautiful shopping venues you'll ever see) and the many other shops and attractions in town. And you have the elevated location at Pinon Pointe that affords beautiful views of the Red Rocks in virtually any direction. Hyatt nailed it when they built HPP.
For someone who has not been there, seems that you definatly would want a car but how much is within walking distance (.5 mi) shopping, grocery, restaurants/pubs, entertainment? What time of year would you avoid?

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
For someone who has not been there, seems that you definatly would want a car but how much is within walking distance (.5 mi) shopping, grocery, restaurants/pubs, entertainment? What time of year would you avoid?
Need a car for groceries, although I feel like there may be a convenience store we’ve never been to at the roundabout where 179 and 89 meet. Everything else you want (except for my favorite stores Mexidona and Son Silver) is right there. We have been to Sedona at all times of the year. Had snow on the car overnight one January, plenty warm in summer but manageable compared to Scottsdale.

WalnutBaron

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
The nearest supermarket is a Safeway about a 15 minute walk west on 89. You can get away without a car and just hire Uber to get you around if you want to explore further than the middle of town (which I would highly recommend, as the Red Rocks are just amazing).

BJRSanDiego

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
Need a car for groceries, although I feel like there may be a convenience store we’ve never been to at the roundabout where 179 and 89 meet. Everything else you want (except for my favorite stores Mexidona and Son Silver) is right there. We have been to Sedona at all times of the year. Had snow on the car overnight one January, plenty warm in summer but manageable compared to Scottsdale.
Yes, there is a convenience store near the "Y". According to google maps it is called Crazy Tony's market. I've bought sandwiches and sodas there. I suppose that it might be an alternative to Basha's grocery store. I don't recall that they had meat for grilling. But you could buy sandwiches, frozen burritos, cans of soup, orange juice, some beer or wine, etc. And there are a number of restaurants within walking distance and willing to maneuver walking across the two highways and roundabouts.

Snazzylass

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sedona Pines
Google maps shows the Safeway is a 2.5 mile walk, or close to 50 minutes. All the grocery stores in Sedona are in West Sedona: Basha's, Whole Foods, Natural Grocers and Safeway.
On the Facebook group for Sedona, there are frequent posts that Uber or Lyft is extremely unreliable. It's not a town with much night life.

If you stay at HPP, you will be close to all the tourist sights - downtown Sedona with lots of shops and places to eat, as well as going South on 179 to Tlaquepaque, which has some lovely shops, art galleries and eateries. So, yes, it's a good location for evening strolls to a restaurant, but I cannot imagine not having a car.

ChicagoDave

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe x2
Hyatt Highlands Inn
Renaissance Aruba
Westin Lagunamar
Google maps shows the Safeway is a 2.5 mile walk, or close to 50 minutes. All the grocery stores in Sedona are in West Sedona: Basha's, Whole Foods, Natural Grocers and Safeway.
On the Facebook group for Sedona, there are frequent posts that Uber or Lyft is extremely unreliable. It's not a town with much night life.

If you stay at HPP, you will be close to all the tourist sights - downtown Sedona with lots of shops and places to eat, as well as going South on 179 to Tlaquepaque, which has some lovely shops, art galleries and eateries. So, yes, it's a good location for evening strolls to a restaurant, but I cannot imagine not having a car.
Is there a FB group for Hyatt Sedona Owners? If so, can you please let me know the name of it.

robertg1us

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Lodge on Peak 7 [odd year and even year, Winter, 1 bedroom master] Breckenridge, CO
Marriott Royal Palms [2 bd, annual, White season] Orlando, FL
Have reservations for the Hyatt RVC in Sedona, AZ (Pinion Pointe) next February mid month. Will be staying in a suite. Can anyone advise as to the best location and views to request for my unit in advance? Thank you so much for your cooperation.

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
Have reservations for the Hyatt RVC in Sedona, AZ (Pinion Pointe) next February mid month. Will be staying in a suite. Can anyone advise as to the best location and views to request for my unit in advance? Thank you so much for your cooperation.
I suggest Phase 1, bldg 1-5, 2nd or 3rd floors. Or bldgs 9 & 10, 2nd, 3rd floors. You only get view if you've reserved a 1 or 2 bdrm unit. Studios face inward towards the pool wall.

The hot tubs are near bldgs 2 & 3. No amenities in Phase 2 area.

BJRSanDiego

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
I have stayed at Pinion point about 8 times. Each time the unit that I got was the same one listed in ii's History. In the past I've asked for a different unit while checking in and was told that they could not or would not change it. So, take a look at "History" and then "Exchanges" on ii's website. It will list the unit number.

gln60

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriot Harbour Lake
Abound Points
We stayed in 2 BR unit 1021(2nd floor)and really liked the location

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
@robertg1us , if you have the villa number, the 1st number ( for 3 digit number,) will be the bldg #. 2nd # is the floor, and 3rd is the unit The 2 bdrms are lockoffs, so if you reserved the 1 bdrm part , I think an 'A' will follow; 'B' for the studio. No alpha letters if you have the whole 2 bdrm. There are a few dedicated 1 bdrms, and they are, I believe, on the 1st floor.

For 4 digit villas the first two numbers are the bldg #. So 1821 is bldg 18, 2nd floor, unit 1 (A&B). And e.g. 432A is bldg 4, 3rd floor, unit 2A.

I've never stayed in mid February, but should be fairly cold, maybe snowy. A low demand time so resort should not be full.

Snazzylass

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sedona Pines
I was in Sedona on a Saturday in Feb 22. Maybe I wore long pants, but probably not a jacket - just a long-sleeve shirt, maybe. I hiked. It does cool off when the sun goes down. The traffic was backed up for a mile or so heading east into downtown from Airport Rd. Yes, bumper-to-bumper traffic in Feb. Remember to relax and enjoy the view.

I don't believe there's low demand ever anymore, thanks to Instagram and such. The number of visitors year round has exploded. No matter what time of year you visit, the weather varies with the upcoming forecast, which can only be predicted about a week or so in advance.

Colorado Ski

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt pinon pointe
Hyatt Pinon Point Members........as you all realize that election of board members is every year at Pinon Point. Both Dwight and Chuck are owners but all the rest are Marriot Employees.
Sort of the fox watching the hen house. I have run for board over many years and of course the Marriot has a block on all elections because of its portfolio/developer owners contingency.
Many other properties have a strong ownership participation in the elections because they have developed an owner email group to exchange thoughts and to also campaign to place owners on boards. Of course the owners emails are not shared with other owners because of Hyatts concern that we would influence elections like at Aspen, Hyatt Mountain Lodge, High Sierra, Carmel, etc.

I need help from owners to establish email lists of owners so that we can keep owners informed. I would also like to establish a facebook page of owners so that we can communicate through that media. We can share units for rent or sale. Offer info on discount opportunities at different venues/restaurants in town.

I live in Sedona and would like to get feedback, owners email addresses etc to start to establish an owners way to communicate so at next years election we have the block and can replace the Fox guarding the hen house.

Please reachout to Larry Tasman 941-544-9676 via text