• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Piney Shores

abbekit

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Pagosa
I'm holding a 6/6 with this Silverleaf resort for next month. I've read that this should be a Presidential unit.

Does anyone know if all the Presidentials have lake views here?

Does anyone know about construction going on at this resort (more Presidentials being built)?

I'm concerned if there is noisy construction going on that I may prefer a non-Presidential unit away from the noise.

Hophop4

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV/Silverleaf Owners-Holiday Hills, Branson; Seaside, Galveston;
Landmark Holiday Beach Resort, PCB, FL
The Presidentials are the 6/6 units. They are near the Lake and near the Activity Center and Pools. I don't think there is construction going on but I haven't been up there recently so not 100% sure.

Here are some pics of Piney Shores: http://photos.yahoo.com/hophop4

abbekit

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Pagosa
New Presidentials coming soon

I phones Piney Shores yesterday and they are in the building stage of putting up new Presidential units near the current Presidential buildings. They also said they are doing construction (renovation work) on the lodge units.

They also said all the Presidential units have a lake view so hopefully the construction won't be too annoying to enjoy the peacefulness of the lake.

dcmoony

Reaction score
abbekit, When we were there in January they were doing a lot of remodeling. Condos and Lodge units. We did not notice it being too noise. However we did spend a lot of time in the pool and hot tub. Also walked around the resort a great deal. Lot of hills to walk up and down. We do not own at that resort but we do like to use our bonus time there. The staff is top rate, very nice folks. Always have a good time when we go there. I think that they have the horse drawn wagon ride going on during the weekends now. I know the horse back riding is going on as we seen many riders when we were there in Jan. Hope you have a good time.

retailman

TUG Member
Reaction score
The units on the side of activity center would not all have a lake view. The one we had did not. The new ones I think all do. The new ones are alot
better.

abbekit

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Pagosa
Lake view?

The woman who answered the phone when I called said all the Presidentials had a lake view. I'll be really disappointed if ours does not since my main activity will be sitting on the balcony with a good book.

Is there a particular building or unit I should ask for?

Hophop4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
retailman said:
The units on the side of activity center would not all have a lake view. The one we had did not. The new ones I think all do. The new ones are alot
better.

Two of the Presidential Buildings on the side where the acitivity center is are the newest buildings. The other three across from the pool overlook the lake. If you go to Yahoo Silverleaf Group there is a map posted in the files section: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Silverleaf_Timeshare_Owners/files/Piney Shores Resort/

On this map you will see one building near the activity center. This is an older map since then one additional building has been built next to this one. Units 339 to 356 should overlook the lake.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

dcmoony

Reaction score
Pam, I believe that you will be better off if you are the first in line when they start check in. We had been told before that they give out the better units first then work down from there. I have never tried to ask for a certain area so I have know idea if they will try to put you where you want. However if you are one of the first ones to check in I would think you have a better shot.

Hophop4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I forgot to mention, I think, the two buildings on the acitivity side has two flights of steps up from the first ground floor to get to the third floor. The three buildings across facing the lake has one flight either up or down. The second story is even with parking.

Last edited:

abbekit

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Pagosa
Thanks Daryl and Hop. We only have a four hour drive so I plan to be there in plenty of time to take a look around before the check in time (my confirmation says 5 p.m.)

We generally prefer top floor and don't mind stairs so I'll try to ask for a specific unit if possible. In our past two stays at Silverleaf resorts (Villages and Hill Country) I phoned about a week in advance and put in a request and we were pleased with our placement both times. Have you had any similar experience at Piney Shores?

dcmoony

Reaction score
Strangely enough the five times we have stayed there we have never asked for a certain area. We have stayed in the lodges and condos but never a presidential unit there. We spend very little time in the condo when we go; there are too many other things to do. Like going for long walks, Swimming or mini golf possible horse back riding. Maybe shooting a game of pool. Perhaps a little archery? Our favorite time to go is week 40 which is the First weekend of the Texas Renaissance festival. So all we do is sleep in the condo. We usually buy the week off RCI extra vacations and get it cheaper than if you rented a motel room for three nights during that time frame.